ACU Fleece [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ACU Fleece

Nappy41
12-15-2007, 05:47
Anyone know where to get the green/gray fleece?

I have only been able to find the parka liner online and my supply SGT is as ***** and wont order it. Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Bren
12-15-2007, 07:16

I have only been able to find the parka liner online and my supply SGT is as ***** and wont order it. Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

By "Parka liner" do you mean the commercial ones that are just solid green with no velcro? Otherwise, the fleece is the Parka liner in the ECWCS system.

I just got one on Ebay (new in package, about $50), but it took a long time to find a Polartec/Peckham at a decent price. Be careful of the copies from China, Rothco and such. I understand they aren't spec and aren't even the right color. The seller I got mine from has some more:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZamp3191980 if that link doesn't work, it is seller "amp3191980."
For only $2,000 you can get the full set.

I am in the USAR, so we probably won't get the Gen III ECWCS stuff until everybody else has Gen XIV and they don't have them in clothing sales yet (they have the Gen III goretex, but not the fleece).

Nappy41
12-16-2007, 15:55
I was refering to the fleece with the vlecro for patches and name tape. They are appearently being issued to active duty soldiers but not to reserves. I dont have to have it but I would like to. I am not looking for the full set just the jacket. like i said not a big deal but it would be nice. Thanks for the help. ROTC people will prolly be getting issued them before us as well as the ACU gortex which we also dont have.

ssgarmy
12-16-2007, 17:04
I have the link at work I will post it tommorrow when I get in for you.
SFC P

Bren
12-16-2007, 19:33
I am not looking for the full set just the jacket. like i said not a big deal but it would be nice.
I didn't mean to say that the seller I linked to ONLY had the full set for $2,000 - that's the dealer I got my fleece from and he or she had several more, new in the plastic in all sizes. You can buy directly from the military supplier, but it costs about $20 more than the guy on Ebay even with the military discount.

Nappy41
01-07-2008, 01:49
I ended up ordering through BNQM site which was through someother place and I received the jacket and cover. They were 30 bucks for them they are nice but the colors do not match. I will post the actual site I got them from when I get back to my unit but I am on leave and happy to be home. Thanks for the advice.

justinhcannon
01-19-2008, 21:15
ROTC people will prolly be getting issued them before us as well as the ACU gortex which we also dont have.

I just started ROTC and we are still wearing ALICE Suspenders and LBEs...

Bren
01-20-2008, 09:59

I'm in the Army Reserve and so are we.

justinhcannon
01-20-2008, 13:58
that is retarded.

deadday
01-20-2008, 15:18
I love the old Y-suspenders, pistol belt, and butt-pack combo when in the field and not wearing much gear...That's what I wear when I go hiking/camping etc...

drew

Bren
01-20-2008, 18:29
that is retarded.

Not only that, but the packing list for drill sergeant school says that the old style is required and the LBV and newer are not allowed as substitutes.

justinhcannon
01-20-2008, 18:34
Now that I can believe.
Apparently, the "Warrior Forge" aka leadership camp required to gain a commission, requires the older ALICE gear as well. No LBV and no MOLLE. The rumor is no Camelback either. Stupidity.
"Train like you fight", right?
I love the older equipment, but if I'm not gonna deploy with it then I don't want to train with it.

DesertMan
01-27-2008, 22:12
As far as I have read the new fleece is not authorized to wear in garrison just yet..A surplus store would have them...

DM

Will-21
02-17-2008, 08:51

Go to

http://www.uspatriotstore.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PW109

US Cavalry has the issue black ones.

tc556guy
07-18-2008, 11:50
The "foliage" ones with the nametape velcro don't keep you as warm as the black ones. Unfortunately, the black ones are no longer authorized as outer wear because they have no name/rank velcro.

bigdrill
07-25-2008, 19:12
When was the wear out date for the black fleece?

CPT_CRUNCH
07-28-2008, 10:17
ranger joe sell them.

www.rangerjoe.com

tc556guy
07-28-2008, 12:00
I don't know what the actual wear out date was; when we left Bragg at the end of March we'd already been told that the black fleece were no longer authorized.

CJStudent
08-04-2008, 11:04

I'm in the Army Reserve and so are we.

That's crazy. I'm in the Guard, and we have the ACU IBAs with MOLLE pouches. Never been issued LBEs, but I do have an issued LBV that's never used. Also have the ACU Goretex issued, and we just got our ACU nametapes put on them last drill.

jason10mm
08-14-2008, 14:20
They are still selling the black fleece here at the Ft. Stewart PX. I sneak by with the old brownish top button sweater during the 2 weeks of "winter" so I'm holding out for a new fleece jacket.

As for ROTC, they are so nuts about uniformity they will be requiring the alice gear so long as a single school still stocks the stuff. I used to get slammed by the graders for leaving lots of latitude in my op-ords. When I micro-managed to the very stitch my evals improved :P

Postal Patron
10-04-2008, 16:59
I was refering to the fleece with the vlecro for patches and name tape. They are appearently being issued to active duty soldiers but not to reserves. I dont have to have it but I would like to. I am not looking for the full set just the jacket. like i said not a big deal but it would be nice. Thanks for the help. ROTC people will prolly be getting issued them before us as well as the ACU gortex which we also dont have.

I got mine in the Reserve. Cheap ass made in China. Thin, no pockets on outside. Thick, black fleece much better.