Firearms L2E in HR Magazine - I'm published! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firearms L2E in HR Magazine - I'm published!

reerc
12-16-2007, 18:09
So, I wrote a “Letter to the Editor” of the National Human Resources Organization that I belong to, the “Society For Human Resources Management” (SHRM), in response to some anti gun article that was run a few months ago. I think the larger an organization gets, the more political and left-leaning they become. Since several months had passed, I figured they wouldn’t publish my response – which wouldn’t have surprised me. Mine wasn’t the only counter-letter published either, which I was very happy to see.

Anyway, here’s what I wrote, I think you’ll be able to figure out the context of what their article was from the context of my reply:

Laura Rhoad's comment in "Weapons Policies Under Fire" (September) requires a response. Rhoad says, "If your car breaks down or you're in trouble, use your cell phone, not your gun." Right.

It will go down something like this: "Excuse me, Mr. armed rapist or murderer, could you please not rape or murder me for 15 minutes or so? You see, I need to use my cell phone here and call someone for help. Would that be OK?"

Or does Rhoad propose using your cell phone as a weapon? "You better not come any closer, because I'm prepared to defend myself with this very dangerous Motorola!"

Bradley Creer
Spanish Fork, Utah

(I can’t put a link to the magazine/letter online, because the web site requires membership / ID and password in SHRM to access)

Steve Koski
12-16-2007, 21:47
You ROCK!

ustate
12-17-2007, 11:53
Thats one thing about anti-gun people that drives me crazy is they seem to think that all you have to do is call the police and any potential threat is instantly eliminated.

UtahIrishman
12-17-2007, 17:55
I think it's called the "feel good" effect. The feeling that the police are there to take care of you. That is so misleading. I'm not saying police won't if they are given the opportunity, but the police always arrive after a crime has been committed.

That's why they are called the police force and not the preventative force.