Question about TN permit renewal, now live in MS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about TN permit renewal, now live in MS

southparkaddict
12-16-2007, 20:38
When I got my CCW 3 1/2 years ago, I lived in TN. Now, I live in MS. I know that TN and MS share reciprocity, but (without running the risk of calling someone and asking a stupid question) ....do I need to get a renewed TN permit (doubt it) or "transfer" to a MS permit (I'm thinking yes).

If the latter is true, does anyone know if I will have to recertify or any of that mess?

Thanks, all! :)

swatmed4
12-17-2007, 06:49
When I got my CCW 3 1/2 years ago, I lived in TN. Now, I live in MS. I know that TN and MS share reciprocity, but (without running the risk of calling someone and asking a stupid question) ....do I need to get a renewed TN permit (doubt it) or "transfer" to a MS permit (I'm thinking yes).

If the latter is true, does anyone know if I will have to recertify or any of that mess?

Thanks, all! :)If you live in MS you cannot renew the TN permit. You will have to get a MS permit. There is not a transfer. You need to go to the MS highway patrol station in Batesville and fill out the paperwork. It will take about 120 days. There is not a class or anything for the MS permit.

It would make sense if there was some kind of transfer for permits but it is the government we are talking about. Always doing things the hard way.

Oh I would call the Patrol office first to see what days they do the permits. The number should be in front of the phone book. Dont know it off hand.

Good luck

xd357
12-17-2007, 18:29
new apps is only done on wedsdays

gh

southparkaddict
12-17-2007, 21:12
Thanks to all for your responses! That helps a bunch :)

newsphotog
12-18-2007, 09:53
new apps is only done on wedsdays

gh

It depends on the MHP station you go to.
From Olive Branch, Batesville is the closest patrol office and gun permits are only done on Mondays. I just did this earlier in the year when I moved from TN. You should get to Batesville early. I got there at about 9:30- 10:00 ish and they were already cutting the list off and telling folks to come back after lunch. I waited a good 2, 2 1/2 hours.

southparkaddict
12-18-2007, 11:05
Anyone know the cost(s) involved?

newsphotog
12-18-2007, 11:13
Anyone know the cost(s) involved?

When I got mine earlier in the year it was $127.

Now it looks like it is $132. Sheeshhhh....why does my paycheck not go up like everything else does.

Here's the website for MS Dept. of Safety Firearm Permit
http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.nsf/divpages/hp2firearm?OpenDocument

It will tell you everything.

southparkaddict
12-19-2007, 20:38
When I got mine earlier in the year it was $127.

Now it looks like it is $132. Sheeshhhh....why does my paycheck not go up like everything else does.

Here's the website for MS Dept. of Safety Firearm Permit
http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.nsf/divpages/hp2firearm?OpenDocument

It will tell you everything.
Thanks, it did! :)