Legal Places to shoot. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Legal Places to shoot.

Jesse024ca
12-17-2007, 02:51
I live near Buellton, California. And since all the back country is closed from the fires theres on where to legaly practice shooting. Anyone know of any ranges or properties legal to shoot at?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cali-Glock
12-17-2007, 11:02
In the old days you could shoot almost anywhere in the Santa Barbara County back country. But it has not been that way for something like two decades now. You can only shoot at Winchester Gun Club on West Camino Cielo, or go to the open range on East Camino Cielo. I have dumped a lot of lead down range on the open range on East Camino Cielo. There are some nice places to shoot down the road past Winchester Gun Club - but the past half dozen times I went down that way they were marked as illegal for shooting. I am pretty sure the only open area is on East Camino Cielo at Arroyo Burro Road. Might want to check with a local gun store or better yet call your local Forest Station. The Los Padres National Forest website is worthless. (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/lospadres/recreation/hunting-shooting/)

There are three recreational target shooting areas. The largest is located on East Camino Cielo Road at its intersection with Arroyo Burro Road. There are also two sites along West Camino Cielo past the privately operated Winchester Gun Club, which are smaller and more suited for pistols rather than rifles.
source (http://www.wildernet.com/pages/area.cfm?areaID=050704&CU_ID=1)
It sounds like this person is describing the places I used to shoot (Past Winchester Gun Club) - but I am 99% sure it is not legal to there anymore...

Jesse024ca
12-19-2007, 13:14
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I also used to shoot in the Santa Barbara back country with my dad but now its not worth the risk of getting busted. Yeah I might check out the Winchester gun club. Its not fun here in California because everyone trips and calls the cops if they hear gun shots anywhere. Most likely im moving to Colorado this anyways for a job. Then ill be able to shoot a lot and own a AR15 and magazives that hold more than a handful of bullets. HAHA

Take care.