Appleseed Shoot at Boulder City, NV January 19-20 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed Shoot at Boulder City, NV January 19-20

Lil'guns
12-17-2007, 14:17
Hey All,

The Appleseed Project is holding an Appleseed Shoot in Boulder City, NV on January 19-20, 2008. http://www.appleseedinfo.org

This is a great opportunity to gain some valuable rifle marksmanship skills and meet some good folks.

The Appleseed Shoots spend the weekend teaching the skills needed to be able to shoot your rifle out to 500 yards. They also reconnect today's rifle owner to the American Rifleman Heritage that has been handed down to us by our Founding Fathers.

These are family friendly shoots, with kids shooting FREE and Military shooting FREE.

Appleseeds are inexpensive, informative and lots of fun.

Take a look at the web site and PM me with any questions you might have.

See ya there!

Lil'guns
12-25-2007, 20:46
Sounds like the turn out for this one is going to be pretty good!

Other folks, at some other forums are meeting there, would be a good time and a good chance to meet some folks with similar interests, not to mention getting some quality rifle instruction.

crazypilot
12-25-2007, 21:34
I wish I had a rifle. Then I would definitely attend.

Lil'guns
12-28-2007, 22:20
I wish I had a rifle. Then I would definitely attend.

I can not believe that you are going to let something like that keep you from gaining some valuable rifle skills and meeting some good folks!

Beg, borrow, or ....Buy a rifle.

A Ruger 10/22 is a good trainer, especially if you get Tech-Sights for it, they are easy to install and make a world of difference for learning to shoot a rifle.

Get over to the Appleseed forum, you can link it from here http://www.appleseedinfo.org and ask around to those that are coming. I bet someone has an extra 10/22 that they would loan you, and you can afford the $12 for the ammo. Suggest Remington, as Federal seems not to group as well.

I bet if you called Tech-Sights and order a set, they could have them to you in time for the Appleseed, and you could pick up a Ruger 10/22 at Wal-Mart for $182, and be on your way.

If you are a "Crazy Pilot' and you find yourself near Kentucky, I can loan you rifles for Appleseeds in this area.

I am here to make this work for you :wavey:

crazypilot
12-29-2007, 00:01
I can not believe that you are going to let something like that keep you from gaining some valuable rifle skills and meeting some good folks!

Beg, borrow, or ....Buy a rifle.

A Ruger 10/22 is a good trainer, especially if you get Tech-Sights for it, they are easy to install and make a world of difference for learning to shoot a rifle.

Get over to the Appleseed forum, you can link it from here http://www.appleseedinfo.org and ask around to those that are coming. I bet someone has an extra 10/22 that they would loan you, and you can afford the $12 for the ammo. Suggest Remington, as Federal seems not to group as well.

I bet if you called Tech-Sights and order a set, they could have them to you in time for the Appleseed, and you could pick up a Ruger 10/22 at Wal-Mart for $182, and be on your way.

If you are a "Crazy Pilot' and you find yourself near Kentucky, I can loan you rifles for Appleseeds in this area.

I am here to make this work for you :wavey:

Good Idea. I'll have to ask around.

heidit
12-30-2007, 19:18
Does anyone know if I could shoot an HMR 17 or an AR for this event??? I have both, I could barrow a 10/22, with the amount of ammo they want us to bring my 308 and 270 would just make it way spendy!

heidit
12-30-2007, 19:21
Craypilot - I just looked the the requirements I have various rifles that will do the trick if you would like to use one.

On another note did I mention to you I shot in an IPSC match?

Lil'guns
12-31-2007, 01:13
Any caliber rifle from .32 cal down, which is 8mm down.

The 22 is the better choice for price of ammo and bring a Centerfire for any long range work, or as a back up.

ARs are very fine.

You will find that a "military" pattern, semi auto rifle is the easiest to shoot at these events, but we see bolt and lever actions as well.

Appleseed shoots are about teaching skills to the shooters, not the equipment. Bring what you have, but be able to function the rifle well, and you will gain a great deal from the shoots.

Let me know if I can help with any other information.

You guys enjoy the shoot!

heidit
12-31-2007, 01:46
Well I signed up my son for the shoot he is 13. He is an expierenced rifle shooter (has earned his DE), but it's been awhile since he has picked up his rifle. We were discussing what to bring, he has a target 22 and half a case of ammo, so we will bring it for sure. I hesitate to bring the .270 or the 308 cuz it's a buck a feeking round. So that leaves the AR for any long stuff. We have shot the AR at 300 yds but not 500.

G19Tony
12-31-2007, 01:59
I will be there, if I don't have to fly. I'm going to pay the money anyway. Crazy Pilot, if you need a weapon, I have one you can use.

crazypilot
12-31-2007, 18:43
Craypilot - I just looked the the requirements I have various rifles that will do the trick if you would like to use one.

On another note did I mention to you I shot in an IPSC match?
Did your kid get to shoot? How was it?

I will be there, if I don't have to fly. I'm going to pay the money anyway. Crazy Pilot, if you need a weapon, I have one you can use.

Thank you both very much, I'll keep you guys in mind. If possible, PM with what caliber rifle so that I can see how much I'll be spending on ammo please.

heidit
12-31-2007, 20:29
I was awful, it was great, and I can't wait to do it again... Ray was great. Ray explained each course to me, walked me thru each stage.. I got up for the first time, Shooter Ready? Yep... BEEP then blaa :exercise: my brains fell out of my head! That feeking little beep is evil! :steamed:The only thing I remember is that I got 21 A-zone hits out of 32 and the rest were C & D. That was the first course. I don't really remember any other numbers. Of course by the time I finished the 1st course everyone else in the sqad was sleeping because I took so long. It's easy to get A-Zone hits when your walking! Oh I did take a few long shots at Ray's suggestion because I am not used to running the course. I did nail those ones. Yea for me! I messed up the last course pretty badly I was dying!!! Ray say I get points for style on that one. Run, don't run, stop, turn, run geees! I really wanted to crawl under a rock about that point. Don't forget to check out the fourm I told you about. No, Richard did not shoot in that match, he wouldn't get out of bed to go with me. I was totally intimidated to go alone but I did! It was good! I started dryfire drills, but I don't know that I am doing everything correctly. I am really trying to learn to draw properly. I pretty much look like a cartoon character when I draw! Think Gomer Plye!

Curt48Mauser
01-03-2008, 23:08
Sounds like fun :cool: How do you get to the Boulder City range where this
shoot is taking place?
Thanks in advance.
Oh yeah, How many rounds would you need to have on hand?

Curt

O.K., I think that I found out what I needed to know from Freds' website.

heidit
01-04-2008, 05:31
Here is the link to the Boulder Range http://brpc1.org With regard to what you need. Got back up to the original annoucement in the thread and click on that and open "register for an event" you will the list of what you should bring.

Curt48Mauser
01-04-2008, 09:16
Thanks, I appreciate the followup. Looks like there is a lot to do there:wow:

Lil'guns
01-04-2008, 09:26
This is a good location for an Appleseed!

There will be lots of Instructors and Instructors in training at this shoot, so it looks to offer plenty of one on one instruction as well.

SWAT Magazine has an article about the Appleseed Project in their Feb issue. The writer was with us at Boulder City last year and we are trying to get him and some fellow writer/editors to come to this one.

Hey Curt, your profile says Michigan, that is going to be a long drive for an Appleseed :rofl:

Curt48Mauser
01-06-2008, 17:16
Lil' guns:
Yes, I know I haven't updated my profile in a while. I have been in Vegas now for about 3 1/2 years....mostly lurking around here and a few other sites.
Again, thanks for the followup, I'll try to get updated.

Lil'guns
01-06-2008, 17:26
Not trying to razz you, just wondering what a fellow Wolverine was doing, going to an NV Appleseed:wavey:

Hope to see ya at the Boulder City shoot, I am acutally passing through Las Vegas in a couple of days, hope to get out to the range and see it first hand.

Happy shooting.