Who buys your fragrances? You or the men of your lives? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who buys your fragrances? You or the men of your lives?

fnfalman
12-20-2007, 14:33
I enjoy shopping for fragrances for my honeys. After all, I'm suppose to be the one enjoying the bouquet (well, me and Sancho/the mail man/surfer stud, etc.).

I try to match the bouquets of the fragrances to the seasons and to what I think matches the personalities of the women. Knock on wood, I'm fairly successful. The chicks seem to have dug my choices, or at least that's what they told me.

Mrs. VR
12-20-2007, 20:00
ME! I really rarely wear any, but there are some perfumes that make me literally sick, it's such a personal thing. Also, the way it smells on one person is not how it smells on another. If you took her WITH you, and let her try them herself, than buy them, I think that's lovely, but personally, I've never liked a perfume that someone else bought me. And my mom keeps trying. :rollingeyes:

MrsKitty
12-20-2007, 23:20
I buy my own. Like Sharon, a lot of perfumes make me sick.

I have had gifts of perfume that were given by people who knew what I liked/wanted/used.

fnfalman
12-21-2007, 13:40
It's true that perfumes interact with the wearer's body chemistry and have a different smell on each person. I don't know, I guess when I figured out what a woman smells like, I don't have much trouble finding a fragrance that fits her.

It's kinda fun shopping for fragrances to match the lady that you like. And it impresses the sales babes too. Hehe.

Pinki
12-21-2007, 16:41
I buy my own. I prefer Ralph Lauren fragrances (Lauren and Safari).

MB-G26
12-21-2007, 20:40
I can't think of any time when a man bought me perfume or such. I've always chosen my own, I think.

For years now I've really only worn one - although two years ago when MyJay and I were going out on our first date, I gave him his choice of 3-4 that I had (he sometimes has allergies to some fragrances) as to which I should wear. He picked the one that's my favorite (w/no prior knowledge on his part) - how's that :cool:

http://www.myperfumesource.com/womensperfumes/WPARIS2.gif

Mr V
12-22-2007, 09:37
The wife just hands me the empty and says 'x-mas gift or birthday present'....and off I go!!

Washington,D.C.
12-22-2007, 13:59
When I was in high school I drove a van appropriately lined from top to bottom with shag carpet. One night a girl was looking for a flashlight in the glove compartment and knocked the top off of a bottle of Old Spice that was in the glove compartment. I bet that old van still smells like Old Spice to this day.

MrsKitty
12-22-2007, 16:54
http://www.escentique.com/images/escentiq/Chanel_No5_W.jpg

Two-Gun Mary
12-22-2007, 18:31
Fragrance is such a personal preference, she usually buys hers and I usually buy mine. But once I know she likes something, I can do a re-fill.

Pinki
12-23-2007, 06:53
http://www.escentique.com/images/escentiq/Chanel_No5_W.jpg

That's another favorite :thumbsup:

PilotKitten
12-23-2007, 07:17
Before I sold 98% of my perfume collection on EBay to pay for a plane ticket home I had over 900 bottles and probably another 300 or so samples. Now I have about 90 or so bottles left of my absolute favorites.

Murphy knows better than to try to figure out what I like. I'm very specific with my perfume and each one goes through a rigorous testing and approval phase before I order a larger bottle of a sample. Example: I've discovered that I break out in hives when using anything with cassia or large amounts of cinnamon in them. Most wood notes HATE me and my skin chemistry amps them up uncontrollably. What might be a whiff of sandalwood on someone else smells like a friggin' lumberyard on me. My favorites are most of the night-blooming florals and jasmine.

On a related note, I buy Murphy's cologne for him. :supergrin:

fnfalman
12-23-2007, 17:14
I've found that the Hermes Caleche is very neutral and works well on most women throughout the ages between mid-twenties and "more mature" as well.

357sig glock
12-23-2007, 22:28
man my mom asked for about 300 bucks in fragrances and she only asked for 2 lol so being the good son i am i got them for her. i thought that 40buck for my tommy was alot but damn how can you girls spend 130+ a bottle?

Mrs.Cicero
12-30-2007, 17:41
i buy mine, and sometimes his, too, cause he can't smell anything - which is real helpful sometimes...

Mrs.C

coastalcop
01-02-2008, 04:09
Uh I just reimburse the bill and say happy whatever, on the positive side she makes sure the scent is something that is agreeable to me, one for work, the other for play :embarassed:

kcb
01-06-2008, 12:13
My husband seems to be the only one that can buy fragrances that I like.
I use to always pick my own, but he has, over the past several years done
VERY well getting me hooked on a few that he gave me as gifts!

Even my daughters can't pick out what I like!

AND I get MANY compliments on those that he has chosen!

:thumbsup:

obxprnstar
01-14-2008, 12:46
Sometimes I let him, but sometimes I choose for myself.