Indy Mile [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Indy Mile

norton
12-22-2007, 07:09
The Indy Mile flattrack race will be coming back next summer, the night before the Moto GP at IMS.
Hot dog!

fnfalman
12-23-2007, 17:12
I'm glad to see Indy showcasing motorcycle racing again. Too far for me, but not for a lot of people who live in the mid-west and adjacent area. I'd like to see WSB returning too. I heard that Miller/WSB deal fell through but it's coming to the fancy track in Alabama - the one with the motorcycle museum.

Rikki
12-24-2007, 04:06
This is SERIOUS???
Tell us more! What are your sources?
I used to ride my Honda 450 scrambler to the Indy Mile at the State Fairgrounds...
Man those were the days!
Can you imagine what the crowd will be like with the moto GP people in town?
It'l be like Queen Victoria going to a cockfight!

norton
12-24-2007, 12:44
This is SERIOUS???
Tell us more! What are your sources?
I used to ride my Honda 450 scrambler to the Indy Mile at the State Fairgrounds...
Man those were the days!
Can you imagine what the crowd will be like with the moto GP people in town?
It'l be like Queen Victoria going to a cockfight!

I got an email from my b.i.l. about this. He heard from the triumph owners group this was gonna happen.

The Indy mile crowds were never has wild as the race they used to hold in Louisville Ky on the 1/2 mile horse race track.
And the Lima Ohio 1/2 mile crowds could also get pretty rowdy. One year I not only saw several ladies wow the crowd with their natural assets, but I saw a fist fight that drew blood in the bleacher section next to me. Now thats what you call solid value for your entertainment dollar!

minuteman32
01-02-2008, 17:12
I know I'm looking forward to it! We live very close to the IMS & park folks in our yard (even have some campers for the Brickyard).

Now, .... I wonder how many bikes I can fit in my yard......., hmmm?

StudParker
01-24-2008, 10:36
I'll be making the trip down from Minnesota for the entire WSB weekend. Should have some other riders with me. (2/3's of which are Glockers!:cool:)

Used to live in Indy long, long, ago. Good to have another reason to head back since F1 took their candy and went home.