Anyone else have a LOT of time off? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a LOT of time off?

Steve Koski
12-23-2007, 09:00
Over the holidays?

camaro_dave
12-23-2007, 13:11
4 days. 3 paid

GixxerSixxer
12-23-2007, 13:32
Yes and no. I didn't plan on it but I do now.

I handed in my resignation at work a few days ago, I gave two weeks. Management told me to show up until the 27th of Dec then I'm done.

I called in to my new employer and start my first day on Jan 3rd. So from the 28th to the 2nd I've all the time to me.

jmatteau
12-23-2007, 13:32
Nope, working 12 hour days the 23rd, 24th, 25th and the 26th. Then back for another stint of 12elves for the 30th, 31st. 1st and 2nd.

UtahIrishman
12-23-2007, 13:54
I have five days now. I took Friday off then the weekend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Have to work New Years Eve. Weird one day then a day off. Oh well...no complaints here. My current employer is very good to me :)

Spending a good chunk of it getting things organized around the house and working on my FAL. Also plan on doing some reloading tomorrow.

Otherwise just being lazy

GLOCKENNBOOMER
01-08-2008, 15:25
I had 20 days off, 8 paid. I work a 4 on, 4 off work week.

Steve Koski
01-16-2008, 23:40
Yes and no. I didn't plan on it but I do now.

I handed in my resignation at work a few days ago, I gave two weeks. Management told me to show up until the 27th of Dec then I'm done.

I called in to my new employer and start my first day on Jan 3rd. So from the 28th to the 2nd I've all the time to me.
So where's the new work place? You find some sweet gig in SLC?

GixxerSixxer
01-17-2008, 20:55
So where's the new work place? You find some sweet gig in SLC?

I'm working for Idaho Technology which is up near the U of U in Research Park. They hold a number of government contracts for producing machinery to detect bio-terror agents. Some machines they have made for the gov are the JBAIDS and the RAZOR.

I'm working on the chemistry required by a new instrument that will ID bio-terror agents. It's supposed to be a lot more user friendly and do a lot more work than the JBAIDS or RAZOR does.

So far I'm loving it there. I'm drinking from a fire hose trying to catch with all the work that has been done and trying to figure out where to go next based on the data analysis.

Steve Koski
01-17-2008, 22:35
Good. At least you didn't move to Kali or do something crazy like that.

GixxerSixxer
01-18-2008, 19:38
Oh yeah. I'd day about 75% of my arsenal would be illegal there. A move there would have had to come with a huge salary bump.

So far from what I've seen at Idaho Tech I think I'm going to be sticking around in Utah for some time.

I'm hoping to make it out to the handgun match. If things go as planned I'll be bringing my new boss too.