Very,very,very BIG bear(pics) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Very,very,very BIG bear(pics)

IndyGunFreak
05-15-2002, 21:37
I picked this up over on TheFiringline.com. The pictures speak for themselves. They are posted on this message board. Click Here (http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/html/Forum7/HTML/001196.html) (Warning, there's a lot of mindless, tree hugging, PETA drivel on this board, I suggest reading the original post, then escaping immediately. You've been warned )

Now, the original poster claims it was self defense. Personally, I believe him. I mean, who the hell would hunt something that big, with a 7mm?

Now, my question, not being a big time hunter myeslf, What do you think would be a realistic cartridge to hunt that thing with? In case you miss it, it was almost 13ft tall, 1600lbs.

Be safe
IGF

glockster96
05-15-2002, 23:18
This was in GNG a while back. The guy who posted it admitted he used trick photography, and that the bear wasn't nearly that big (still dang big, just not a freak :)) Try doing a search on this sight. ;a

IndyGunFreak
05-15-2002, 23:32
Last time I rely on a post on TheFiringLine!!! :)

I nearly crapped myself just seeing pics of a bear that big, I think if it was charging me, I'd just go ahead and curl up and die.

Thanks for setting me straight

Be safe
IGF

PACKIN' PLASTIC
05-15-2002, 23:58
Not really a trick photo, just a very well done one.

Tamara would know how they did it.

PP

GlockM23
05-16-2002, 00:23
After reading that thread, I wish they would open season on people like the poster "sufferer".

I could stop his suffering...:rolleyes:

shrpshtr
05-16-2002, 01:36
Originally posted by GlockM23
After reading that thread, I wish they would open season on people like the poster "sufferer".

I could stop his suffering...:rolleyes:

funny, i was thinking the exact same thing!!!

40Cal
05-16-2002, 02:09
He's lucky that he was carrying a semi-auto rifle. Imagine trying to throw the bolt fast enough with something that big coming at ya. Yikes.;G

glockstudent
05-16-2002, 05:37
I am still more amazed at the comment, " Sorry Mojo but my first thought was....what a pity the bear wasn't a bit faster. " then the actual picture of the bear itself.

BWR55
05-18-2002, 00:01
Sufferer should just be offered up as a snack/offering to one of those bears. You would think that with that mind set that sufferer would be glad to do it just to make sure the bear didn't starve to death somehow.

SteelGuitar
05-18-2002, 09:50
Originally posted by IndyGunFreak

Now, my question, not being a big time hunter myeslf, What do you think would be a realistic cartridge to hunt that thing with? In case you miss it, it was almost 13ft tall, 1600lbs.

Be safe
IGF

i would take 375h&h magnum. or to be slightly "overgunned" (though that word doesn't exist;f ) a 577 t-rex
but 375h&h mag will do the job.

Grumpy Gardener
05-19-2002, 04:38
Big bear or land shark? great photos.

The Gardener