GA: Second Amendment Protection Act of 2008 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GA: Second Amendment Protection Act of 2008

mzmtg
12-26-2007, 10:02
It has a name & now a number!

HB 915

All of the info should be up here, later in the day: http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/fread/hprefile.htm

This is going to be the biggest news for gun owners in GA history!

Rusty Jr
01-01-2008, 18:46
This is great news! It's about time that we tried to change the carry laws in GA.

griggrt
01-01-2008, 21:35
Can someone spell it out here what all would change?

The main things that I think would change are:
1. Speed up the firearms application process
2. Not illegal to carry at public gatherings/church/college.
3. WHAT ELSE???

GeorgiaGlocker
01-08-2008, 09:17
Can someone spell it out here what all would change?

The main things that I think would change are:
1. Speed up the firearms application process
2. Not illegal to carry at public gatherings/church/college.
3. WHAT ELSE???

See the link in the OP. Click on the link. Scroll down to HB 915. Then click the Second Amendment Protection Act of 2008. The entire bill is right there.

jem375
01-08-2008, 09:46
Does the carrying on school property also ban the leaving of the gun in the car in the parking lot if you are visiting the school???? I think this needs to be addressed also, because that means you can't have your gun with you traveling back and forth to the school if you are parking in the lot and going inside or waiting for your kids to come out of school....

brazen_atl
01-08-2008, 13:27
Currently the GA law says that if you are picking up your child from school, and you have your permit, you are legal to carry.

This code section does not apply to persons who are licensed under code 16-11-129 (Georgia Firearm License) or in accordance with code 43-38-10 (special carry licenses for security guards) when such person carries or picks up a student at a school building, school function, or school property or on a bus or other transportation furnished by the school. (I'm not sure of the total legality actually carrying into school building while picking up or dropping off a student, but it appears to be completely legal since the code does not say anything about not being allowed to enter the building while carrying. I wouldn't loiter around in the halls or cafeteria, but instead make a straight bee line to the office and back in order to drop off or pick up a student if you are required to do so.) This code section shall also not apply to a weapon which is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle which is being used by an adult over 21 years of age to bring to or pick up a student at a school building, school function, or school property