So, I've paid... now what? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, I've paid... now what?

Moonfish
12-26-2007, 18:16
OK... maybe I'm missing it totally, but what do I get with paid membership? Don't get me wrong... I totally support GT and will do so blindly cuz I have received a lot of benefit from this site... that's why I'm CLM #30. Did I miss a post along the way (and this is quite possible) that explained the benefits CLM or paid membership? Not trying to be difficult… just want to understand. Thoughts?

MB-G26
12-26-2007, 20:37
There will be all kinda of nifty new "stuff" as a result of your paid membership.
Don't want to step on your toes, but fwiw, Eric is ONE PERSON - and also had major health issues (heart attack) hit/worsen proximate to the early stages of implementing the site/sw upgrades.

You can take a look at previous info posted by Eric (most or all of which was posted/threaded in this Paid Membership Forum) in the last couple months for categorical descriptions of what is in the works.

If you were hoping for FedX to deliver a cake containing nekkid dancing girls to arrive on your doorstep as part of your paid membership, sorry.... that probably isn't part of the deal :winkie: (See, Eric makes us keep all the nekkid dancing girls in the OAF :quiet: :whistling: )

I know that Eric truly appreciates everyone's patience - getting to the final results is a massive undertaking, for real.

john_glock_mi
12-28-2007, 09:03
OK... maybe I'm missing it totally, but what do I get with paid membership?

I hear that too. It's been months. I can't imagine how much money has been paid into GT via memberships - tens of thousands for sure. We are not talking chump change here and with that kind of money I expected something more professional. If it's more than one guy can handle then he should hire someone to help him.

HerrGlock
12-28-2007, 09:12
Or it'll get here when it gets here. Be patient.

GT is worth it.

Moonfish
12-28-2007, 10:50
Thanks for the update... thought I missed it. GT is a great place to hang out and I appreciate all the hard work by Eric... as well as the mods and admins. Ten years of herding the likes of us is no small feat. Thanks again!

HerrGlock
12-28-2007, 11:31
Thanks for the update... thought I missed it. GT is a great place to hang out and I appreciate all the hard work by Eric... as well as the mods and admins. Ten years of herding the likes of us is no small feat. Thanks again!

Nope. He just got over rebuilding the database again after the power spike nuked them, though.

Eric
12-28-2007, 13:20
OK... maybe I'm missing it totally, but what do I get with paid membership?

I hear that too. It's been months. I can't imagine how much money has been paid into GT via memberships - tens of thousands for sure. We are not talking chump change here and with that kind of money I expected something more professional. If it's more than one guy can handle then he should hire someone to help him.

Umm, there was that matter of the pesky heart attack that had the bad manners to happen right in the middle of all of this. I am still recovering from it and I am doing the best I can. If you are not impressed with my efforts, don't buy a membership.

Folks, I have been working on some of the infrastructure of the changeover, since getting the new server repaired and getting transfered back onto it. The Blog system is up, the review system, photo system and new classifieds have been installed, but haven't been turned on yet. I am working now to get the membership modified and moving everyone who already purchased a membership into their respective group. Once that is done, I will flip a switch and more than 2/3 of the paid tier system will be live.

I am going to have family in town for a belated holiday visit on Monday, so next week will be kind of hectic, but I will be working on the membership changes as much as I can. I am going to try to get that part of the changeover done by the end of next week. I'll post more info on all of this early next week, including some info on some new goodies I have found to add to the paid tier. I believe I am going to be able to offer a Texas Hold-em gaming area in the new game system, where people can have games of up to ten players per game. I'll post more soon. Eric

Lesh
12-28-2007, 14:01
There will be all kinda of nifty new "stuff" as a r
If you were hoping for FedX to deliver a cake containing nekkid dancing girls to arrive on your doorstep as part of your paid membership, sorry.... that probably isn't part of the deal :winkie: (See, Eric makes us keep all the nekkid dancing girls in the OAF :quiet: :whistling: )

I only got a cake with a naked dancing Okie

MB-G26
12-28-2007, 21:33
I can't imagine how much money has been paid into GT via memberships - tens of thousands for sure.

:wow::wow:

Eric........ will you marry me? Pluuueeeezzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee???????????
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:rofl:

freepatriot
12-28-2007, 23:34
I am sure Eric is a hundredaire by now.

Debob
12-30-2007, 02:44
Eric, take some down time. You have more than earned it. Family is very important, you always learn this item to late in life. So take some time off for both yourself and for the family.
ps. Thanks for all the effort you put into this site.

nick__45
12-30-2007, 15:40
This is the best site ever. Sure beats the heck out of ar15 and thefiringline for not having Nazis members and mods.

Blitzer
01-04-2008, 06:37
Terrible sorry to have bothered the moderators and you Eric. Take a break big guy!

:angel:

Lighten up folks! :shocked: :wow:

I live in your world Eric, as far as health goes and it ain't fun. Avandia made me as weak as a kitten over the past two years, lucky I didn't have a melt down.

G33
01-04-2008, 20:34
Eric has done miracles with GT.
He is getting it there.

Besides, it my task to pester him.
:supergrin::supergrin: