Recommended S&W, Glock or Sig dealers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recommended S&W, Glock or Sig dealers?

obxemt
12-27-2007, 16:43
What shops can you recommend that are between Nashville and Chattanooga?

Thanks!

armed
12-30-2007, 11:14
You may want to ask these guys:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

obxemt
12-30-2007, 11:42
EXCELLENT. Thanks for that site. The TN section here doesn't seem to get much traffic!

armed
12-30-2007, 12:15
Be prepared for some serious anti-Glock rhetoric.

obxemt
12-30-2007, 12:43
That's ok, I hate Glocks. The factory sights suck and the grip angle is of the devil and they might actually fit an alien hand of some sort. But, I've trusted my life to them on-duty and off for almost 8 years now without question.

Akita
12-31-2007, 13:47
Craigs Firearms south of Knoxville caters to LE and are the regions authorized Glock dealer.
And I like glocks! You all lay off!

obxemt
12-31-2007, 13:53
Be prepared for some serious anti-Glock rhetoric.

Boy, were you right. The anti-police rhetoric is strong as well.

armed
12-31-2007, 16:04
Akita, I still want your Oly 9mm--my Colt A2 is too expen$ive to shoot.

obxemt--haven't noticed that much anit-leo rhetoric over there lately, but I'll watch for it a little more. btw, I am deerslayer on that board.

Akita
01-01-2008, 08:16
Akita, I still want your Oly 9mm--my Colt A2 is too expen$ive to shoot.

obxemt--haven't noticed that much anit-leo rhetoric over there lately, but I'll watch for it a little more. btw, I am deerslayer on that board.

Sorry, not gonna happen, armed. My nephew gets a woodie everytime he sees it so he gets first dibs when I croak. There was more than one of those made ya know.....

armed
01-01-2008, 08:34
A 9mm AR is in the near future, just not sure which one. I love the Glock mag compatible Oly, but kinda prefer a flattop. I may just pick the A2 Oly and say to hell w/ Eotech.

Akita
01-01-2008, 10:15
A 9mm AR is in the near future, just not sure which one. I love the Glock mag compatible Oly, but kinda prefer a flattop. I may just pick the A2 Oly and say to hell w/ Eotech.
While not ideal, you can get a mount for the handle and mount the Eo there.
And since it is a 9mm, theres no real distance shooting, so the point of aim is probably still good to go. Using those 18r Glock mags helped me make my decision to get this playthang.

TWS G26
01-15-2008, 21:27
LaVergne - Specialty Arms II
Murfreesboro - On Target

I don't know anything about Manchester, but there is an excellent Army surplus store at Monteagle if you are into that.

Going east....

Mt. Juliet - Reloaders Bench (has a sister store in Joelton, I-24 exit)
Cookeville - Tenn Tac not alot of guns, but some accessories
Kingston - Frontier Firearms excellent shop...one minute off I-40, huge inventory

Akita
01-16-2008, 07:14
Careful with Frontier. He comes across with me like a used car salesman. If it isnt a posted price, he'll size you up and charge you as much as he thinks he can get away with. He tried that on me once at a gunshow and I've never looked at his stuff again. Sure, thats American Capitalism at work, but if I want that, I'll go to Tiajuana.
I dont buy from people like that at ANY price.

Scottech
01-16-2008, 12:22
Also Coal Creek Armory in W. Knoxville, but that is quite a ways to travel. They really specialize in AR's and SIGs. I bought my Springy XD .40 there when I really was looking for a G27.

I like Glocks...just wouldn't buy one...anyone care to donate theirs? JUST KIDDING!!!!

TWS G26
01-16-2008, 15:44
Who did you deal with at Frontier? I never dealt with the owner or his wife, but the hired help. They always did me right. Good point, however, on being sized up for what you are willing to pay, which could happen anywhere. I've played dumb more than once, and when I had enough BS, essentially squashed everything the dealer told me. They will usually realize they've been caught at the game and just walk away......they ain't selling, and I ain't buying.

Akita
01-16-2008, 17:01
Who did you deal with at Frontier? I never dealt with the owner or his wife, but the hired help. They always did me right. Good point, however, on being sized up for what you are willing to pay, which could happen anywhere. I've played dumb more than once, and when I had enough BS, essentially squashed everything the dealer told me. They will usually realize they've been caught at the game and just walk away......they ain't selling, and I ain't buying.
Brent/the owner at a gunshow. He knew he'd been caught too- like you said.

Oh, I also refuse to buy from Coal Creek anymore after they refused to sell me a box of 45 ammo if I wouldnt give them my address. And the manager and owner know me well there-for years.

Maybe I'm just too particular and hard to deal with. sigh.

Scottech
01-16-2008, 19:01
Hmmm. Maybe it just doesn't phase me. CCA has had my address since I bought my pistol in 2006, shot at the range, purchased ammo and had my night sights installed.

I've dealt mostly with Tony and he has always been cool to deal with.

armed
01-16-2008, 21:55
I see no reason to require an address of someone who is simply trying to buy ammo.

Akita
01-17-2008, 05:38
EXACTLY, for both of your posts. They have me 4 ways to sunday on paper there for firearms purchases & range use, I have assisted in department tradeins, and I am personally known by higherups and recognized as a regular by some/many of the peons. I've been 'with' them since they first started in the Oak Ridge location.
It was an idiot thing to do. I had already told Trevor (the #2 guy after Jon the owner) that I would be over to see him about ordering 1k of Double Tap and I instead ended up ordering it from another dealer when Trevor backed up the store policy.
(insert shaking head smiley here)

(isnt Tony the one with the beard? thats the guy who was insistent)

obxemt
01-17-2008, 06:30
Careful with Frontier. He comes across with me like a used car salesman. If it isnt a posted price, he'll size you up and charge you as much as he thinks he can get away with. He tried that on me once at a gunshow and I've never looked at his stuff again. Sure, thats American Capitalism at work, but if I want that, I'll go to Tiajuana.
I dont buy from people like that at ANY price.

I'm not that proud. If the price is right, I might even let them treat me like crap. :rofl:

It has always been amusing to me, though, how my treatment changes based on what I'm wearing and how much facial hair I have. When I'm all disheveled and poor looking and they treat me like a king, I'm more inclined to drop money. :whistling:

I see no reason to require an address of someone who is simply trying to buy ammo.

To send you more credit card offers with 30% intrest?

Scottech
01-17-2008, 13:19
Yes Tony's the one with the beard.

Hmmm. Then again Walmart has never asked for my address. Should I be suspicious of CCA? Are they selling my address to credit card companies?

I've never asked them why they need my address. Have you? What did they say?

Akita
01-17-2008, 15:07
Yes Tony's the one with the beard.

Hmmm. Then again Walmart has never asked for my address. Should I be suspicious of CCA? Are they selling my address to credit card companies?

I've never asked them why they need my address. Have you? What did they say?
Oh Hell yes. We(Tony and I) went a round about why they needed my address. Basically I got 2 reasons:
1) it's store policy; &
2) because we want it and wont sell you ammo without it.

I honestly dont think that they are doing anything with the data. It just the principle of the thing that gets under my skin.

obxemt
01-17-2008, 15:28
If you've ever applied for credit, the credit card companies already have your address when they search for potential "customers" who meet their requirements. That's why we get those incessant, annoying offers in the mail...because they look at our credit reports all day long. Of course, you can "opt-out" of "pre-screen" offers, but you have to provide your social and other uncomfortable information to not get information you didn't ask for!

Capitalism at its finest. :upeyes:

They will really refuse the sale if you don't give them your address?

Akita
01-17-2008, 15:44
They will really refuse the sale if you don't give them your address?
Absolute Truth that they did me that day. I made it crystal clear that I was not buying anything if they had to have my personal info, specifically my address. "well, i cant sell you this" (a box or 3 of Double Tap 45's) is the phrasing he used, to the best of my memory. I gave him every chance I could to back down graciously before I said 'fine, keep it' before leaving.

I think in purchases before what they had done was take my name off the CC I was using and matched it to what their computer was showing without my ever knowing what they were doing(rem, i'm in there already for prior gun sales, etc). But my name is a common one and I think Tony didnt know which one in the computer was actually me, whereas most of the others know me better.

armed
01-17-2008, 16:43
I'm not that proud. If the price is right, I might even let them treat me like crap. :rofl:

It has always been amusing to me, though, how my treatment changes based on what I'm wearing and how much facial hair I have. When I'm all disheveled and poor looking and they treat me like a king, I'm more inclined to drop money. :whistling:

To send you more credit card offers with 30% intrest?

I think you may have misread my post--I meant that I don't see why they would need your address if you are only trying to buy ammo.

ZZR guy
01-18-2008, 20:09
What shops can you recommend that are between Nashville and Chattanooga?

Thanks!

Hero Gear is having a big sale on Sat. 1-19-08. They are located in Winchester.

obxemt
01-23-2008, 18:46
I think you may have misread my post--I meant that I don't see why they would need your address if you are only trying to buy ammo.

No, I understood, my response about credit card offers was sarcastic. :)

Hero Gear is having a big sale on Sat. 1-19-08. They are located in Winchester.

I wasn't real impressed. SUPER nice guys that own the place but the pricing is odd and the drunks that were visiting that day (at 10 a.m.) quickly rubbed me the wrong way. Of course that's not the owners fault. :dunno: