Motorcycle Rental [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Rental

norton
12-30-2007, 10:49
any of you ever rent a m/c?
I am thinking about renting a bike for the next September doings at the Indianapolis motor speedway.
What have been your experiences?
I checked on the internet, there is a Harley shop in Ft.Wayne that rents bikes-

fireslayer23
12-30-2007, 19:50
A friend of mine from Norway came over a few weeks ago and rented a V-Rod, they run a lot better than I thought, from the local Harley dealer. The rental process seemed fairly easy, even with him having a European license, and the bike was in great shape.

I'd take your own helmet though. The shop here didn't have much in the line for loaner helmets and he got stuck with a beanie type and he wished he had his full face or at something that covered his ears.

desmo
12-30-2007, 22:47
if you are gonna rent a bike for that weekend i would suggest reserving it soon. the harley shop here in cleveland is usually out of all the good models. my dad rented a couple different bikes before he bought his street glide. all was quite easy and the bike were very well cared for. not quite as bad as what you see in some rental cars.

oneofthose
12-30-2007, 23:17
Might check these guys out.

http://www.eaglerider.com/?gclid=CN7bvczt0ZACFSQ-IgodX0UrXg

They don't have a pick up sight in Ohio listed on their website, but I believe they bring bikes to events like Indy, Sturgis, etc. for rental purposes. A relative of mine worked at their Los Angeles location and I rented from them once.

Good Luck!

Laszlo
01-02-2008, 16:21
I`ve rented a Harley from a local (Atlanta) dealer last spring. It was very easy, no pain what so ever, the bike was almost brand new. I had a great weekend with it. Put over 600 miles on it.

minuteman32
01-02-2008, 17:09
I rented a Harley in Ft. Myers a few years ago. Relatively easy & painless, but required a $1000 deposit!

Deamer
01-17-2008, 23:06
We have rented through the dealers and Eagleriders. Very easy process. If you buy the premium insurance the deposit drops some. One thing to remember is to do a very good inspection on the bike before you leave. I rented a Roadking for my dad when he flew out here. Didn't notice until later in the evening that the brakelight was stuck in the on position.

Revelations
01-18-2008, 14:14
I know the Harley Shop in Michigan City rents as well.

I looked into it one time. Like everyone else has said the deposit was alot.

pdpdad
01-18-2008, 15:57
IndyWest Harley-Davidson, Inc.
6201 Cambridge Way
Plainfield, IN, USA 46168
(317) 279-0062
(317) 279-0069 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.indywesthd.com

I've never rented there but I know people who have.
:cool: