Sadly, I moved to the East Today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, I moved to the East Today

zoyter2
12-30-2007, 23:04
Yesterday, our WM, Bro. Dusty Stoker laid down forever the working tools of life and moved toward that "house not built with hands, eternal in the heavens". As SW, I will be acting WM for the next 6 months until election.

I attended Grand Lodge with Bro. Dusty only two weeks before his hospitalization. He was admitted with pancreatitis, and slipped into a coma within days. After a month of this, he was declared brain dead Saturday morning and was removed from life support. I just never really thought he would die. I expected every day to get a good report. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to.

Anyway, please remember his wife and 14 yo son in your prayers. Thanks Brothers.

ArodJohns
12-30-2007, 23:06
Yesterday, our WM, Bro. Dusty Stoker laid down forever the working tools of life and moved toward that "house not built with hands, eternal in the heavens". As SW, I will be acting WM for the next 6 months until election.

I attended Grand Lodge with Bro. Dusty only two weeks before his hospitalization. He was admitted with pancreatitis, and slipped into a coma within days. After a month of this, he was declared brain dead Saturday morning and was removed from life support. I just never really thought he would die. I expected every day to get a good report. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to.

Anyway, please remember his wife and 14 yo son in your prayers. Thanks Brothers.

I'm sorry to hear that a Brother died. I'm sure the GAOTU has a special place for him. Remember the apron lecture.

As for you moving to the East

-Takes a magic marker and draws a big black X over Alabama-

:tongueout::rofl::wavey::supergrin: Congrats! I hope everything goes well. They say I'll be there myself in 2 years.

jrr6602
12-31-2007, 09:52
My father was appointed JD of my home town Lodge in the Texas Panhandle. He was in remission from lukemia at the time. His cancer returned again and attacked his organs. He passed away shortly after that. He helped with my EA. He never got around to joining any of the other bodies. He was in his 40's when joined Masonry. He did not live long enough to receive a 25 year pin.

jetboatdriver
12-31-2007, 13:28
Zoyter,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and your lodge. It is a tough time, but things will work out.

Fraternally

grecco
12-31-2007, 13:34
Zoyter,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and your lodge. It is a tough time, but things will work out.

Fraternally

My thoughts and prayers also.
Fraternally Bro.G

deputy tom
12-31-2007, 19:19
Prayers sent.Bro. SW You have taken a vow to assume the position of the WM in time of need and that time has come.Do your best to serve the Lodge to the best of your ability.tom.

JayPap
12-31-2007, 21:51
Zoyter, sorry to hear the bad news.

You, his Widow and Son are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your Lodge electing you as S.W. has shown much confidence in you and your abilities.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from Past Masters you will get through this, and I wish you the best.

ArodJohns
01-01-2008, 00:25
Your Lodge electing you as S.W. has shown much confidence in you and your abilities.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from Past Masters you will get through this, and I wish you the best.

+1 We're officers (especially the Wardens) to help the Master. Just because the SW is the only to actually mention helping the master, I'm sure the JW would help you as well.

mmsig229
01-01-2008, 13:39
You may want to consider having a PM jump back in line as WM. I can see how moving from SW to WM may disrupt the line. Just a thought.

zoyter2
01-01-2008, 14:36
Thanks for the words of encouragement Brothers. I have even had officers of other Lodges in the area put themselves at my call if I need anything.

We are a very small Lodge, usually only 8-10 at our regular communications, so this loss has even more impact.

Again, thanks Brothers.

Gambino
01-01-2008, 16:31
You will do just fine. Keep a clear outlook and listen to those that have served in the East.