Is this Iraq!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this Iraq!!!!

DoubleEagle
01-01-2008, 17:15
Hello fellow GT'RS I just wanted to say happy new years, and to vent a little bit about new years eve night. I live on the eastside of indy and me and my gf were staying at home watching the ABC special and I known to have a few shots popped off at midnight in the neighbor hood (I don;t even think about it just because I don;t like neighbors knowing I have guns) But anyways I just wanted to have my gf brace herself if somebody pops a shot off. So 3..2...1... nothing maybe 30 secs goes by and POP..POP..POP..BOOM..BOOM. Well you get the idea and i start to look out windows and i see a neighbors shooting straight in the air which really pisses me off i heard close to 60 to 70 shots fired from the neighborhood some pistol some hand cannons or shotgun but anyways i said to my gf these are some ghetto M...FRS' shooting in to the sky i would at least shot in the ground but still be afraid of hiting a gas ling or something so anyways soory for the rant just needed to get that off my chest and i will be indoors again next year.

bradp
01-01-2008, 21:00
What a bunch of dumb*****es. It makes me mad when people do this..especially in town. I live in the middle of nowhere and I wouldn't think about shooting into the air.

IPDBrad
01-01-2008, 21:53
Cover is very important in some areas of town.

It blew my mind first New Years I worked. It wasn't as bad last night, I think the cool wet weather knocked it down a bit.

rhino465
01-02-2008, 04:23
Aside from the obvious safety issues, who the heck in their right mind would waste ammo like that given the current prices??!!! Oh, wait . . . I said, "right mind." Never mind.

Reagan40
01-02-2008, 16:09
We deal with this where we live too. I have a friend who is an LEO. He said he spends most of his time on New Years Eve and the 4th of July parked under an overpass when he is not responding to a call. I may join him next year.

Ignition
01-03-2008, 17:58
on a side note.... none of us out here in iraq shoot up in the air.

we like our bullets going horizontal ;-p

pupcuss27
01-04-2008, 19:05
on a side note.... none of us out here in iraq shoot up in the air.

we like our bullets going horizontal ;-p

Thanks for your Service to Our Country!

:wavey:

KSFreeman
01-05-2008, 07:42
DE, no, it's not Iraq; it's The Swamp. Eastside of Indianapolis has always been like that.

Just ask our GIMPs here. Read the opening of "Black Rednecks & White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell. Complaints about the eastside of Indy have been ongoing since the Southern immigration moved those people up here. (I suggest reading the chapter on Indianapolis in "Winning the Race" as well for insight).

You cannot change the Eastside without changing the culture there. Until we do, leave the Eastside.

DoubleEagle
01-05-2008, 19:33
Thanks for the info KS I will look that up. But the whole thing I was trying to say was this has been ongoing for a few years now. I wasn;t in anyway making light of the war in Iraq. I fully support our troops and i love my country, I wish i could of joined the service but diabetes and a little over weight kept me from it, Im the only male in my family who hasn't served so I'm sorry if I offened anyone who has served in Iraq. I have lived in the same house since i was born 32 yrs and I have seen this neighborhood go from a really nice one to getting ghetto by the minute, I wish i could move but the way house's are seeling these day I would get nothing for it but it's cheap nice house I got a good deal for it. I know things change and I guess I need to except it. Oh and about 5 years ago there was supposedly a neighborhood crime watch formed but i don't no what happened to it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.Thanks and GOD bless our troops.