Henderson SBR? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Henderson SBR?

EddieMossberg
01-01-2008, 19:45
Hi all, I'm living in Henderson and I'm wondering about something. I have always been wanting to do an short barrel rifle project for fun. I think it would be pretty cool to add one to my collection.
I am already aware of the basics involved in getting my tax stamp. What I'm anxious about is getting a CLEO to sign off. I'm worried that I would go and buy a whole new gun and do all this paperwork only to be denied by the the sherrif.
Any locals who remember my woes? Am I worried for nothing? I'm open to any suggestions from locals who may have this type experience...

Thank you!
PM me if you'd like.

osiruscyn
01-02-2008, 10:46
have you looked into whether or not you have to ask The HPD chief or the LVMPD sheriff? Being in Henderson, I believe you have to ask the HPD chief and i dunno how he is with SBR or NFA weapons. I know Bill Young was basically a "shall issue" sheriff. Gillespie isn't all that pro 2A so i dunno what his stance might be.

EddieMossberg
01-02-2008, 12:24
It would have to be in Henderson. I could put it off until I move to Vegas. Thanks for the info.
One more question, does one actually meet with the sherrif of HPD or LVMPD? Or do you just drop the papers off with the secretary? Anyhow, thanks again for any info, I'd like to get this train rolling! I'm thinking Arsenal 107UR for my first shorty.

osiruscyn
01-02-2008, 12:37
i can't imagine that the sheriff or cheif actually meets with every single person wanting to buy an NFA firearm. There are too many and I'd have to imagine he has other stuff that is more important. I'd be very very surprised if you had to meet with any of them. However, they could have you talk with an undersheriff. That may be what they do, I dunno.

G19Tony
01-02-2008, 13:16
Set up a Trust and you don't need CLEO's permission.

That's what I did. My SBR paper work is still out... rats.

EddieMossberg
01-02-2008, 15:47
Thanks guys,. I appreciate the info. Hopefully I'll get it done soon enough!

pballjunkie666
01-03-2008, 13:28
i can help u out with the paperwork if u need help.. just shoot me an email i u wanna or if u have any questions.. ive done a few for other people..

lmk...
jon..

EddieMossberg
01-04-2008, 12:34
thanks pballjunkie666, I will, just give me awhile to get my gun.

Slmpickins26
01-20-2008, 19:33
i can help u out with the paperwork if u need help.. just shoot me an email i u wanna or if u have any questions.. ive done a few for other people..

lmk...
jon..

Jon has set up several trust for people we mutaly know. He's good people.:wedgie:

pballjunkie666
01-24-2008, 13:45
no problem man.. like i said ...not a problem to help.. and thanks for the praise slim..

jon..