WTF is with the holidays this year? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WTF is with the holidays this year?

Fireman1291
01-03-2008, 08:48
Yesterday we had, just us alone in a 745mi county with 25 other stations.... a shooting,num chucking(yes thats right), an assault with a brick, 4hr brushfire, 2 alarm multi-story house fire, and misc medical calls...........jeez:wow:

rguerra911
01-03-2008, 15:59
yup it was busy this year. we had a structure fire, 4 ems calls and a pursuit that ended in a shooting all at the same time at 2 am. all of this in a city of 30,000! it sucked:steamed:

oldstyle
01-03-2008, 16:40
We had a typical nine call day. But there was that one wreck on I-95, where the pickup truck and trailer crashed in the construction zone and landed upside down on a porta-potty WITH A GUY INSIDE! We took him to the trauma center but he is alive.....Sorry, no pics

Sucka
01-03-2008, 20:45
Structure fire and bad/rough day should never be said in the same sentence unless a crew member is injured :supergrin:

I've gone entire months without a single call worth mentioning, this in a city of 150K. Enjoy it when you can get it. My typical day is 10-15 ems calls, probably of those, 1 ALS level call. And as we all know, it comes in groups. Run one code and you'll run 4 more on the same go around ect.

lthrbound
01-03-2008, 23:49
christmas day, 1 CHF that bought a nasal tube, 1 stabbing with a bread knife, and 1 400+ lb cardiac arrest that got shocked 8 times, oh started out in torsades.

Lynn D
01-05-2008, 20:35
I worked two shifts on Christmas day....vollie in the 'burbs, but...

4 hour AM shift: 1 potential mental health arrest (released with LEO approval); 1 CHF in a 97 year old (hospital); 1 rectal bleed -- mutual aid from another corps (hospital).

5 hour evening shift: 1 abdominal pain/SOB (hospital); call to fire in district on way back, but diverted to MVA (hospital)

Oh, and we're now doing electronic paperwork and my last two reports didn't "upload" so had to be restarted from scratch.

Long day, but I'd do it again in a minute!

D25
01-06-2008, 12:10
You guys are lucky. I've been dealing with suicides and/ or methamphetamine related assaults for the last 3 shifts.:faint:

Sucka
01-06-2008, 13:26
You guys are lucky. I've been dealing with suicides and/ or methamphetamine related assaults for the last 3 shifts.:faint:

As i always say, it comes in waves. I can go weeks without a certain type of response, then i run 1-2 a day for a full go around, weird how that seems to work.

D25
01-06-2008, 13:45
As i always say, it comes in waves. I can go weeks without a certain type of response, then i run 1-2 a day for a full go around, weird how that seems to work.

I'm waiting for the wave of Sweedish bikini team MCIs. [fingers crossed]:supergrin: But I know what you mean. I can't wait for my current wave to be over- last shift was 2 granny runs and a meth related/ induced fist fight, a meth head who couldn't go to sleep (suprise suprise!), a meth head who shot up and then went status epilepticus, a drunk meth head MVA with a pneumo + cardiac tamponade (my first experience with Becks triad. Sort of cool, I don't listen to heart sounds alot- but it was obvious with this guy.), another meth head who wanted pain control after getting arrested the day before and apparently loosing the fight with the cops, and the last meth head of the day who tried to commit suicide by taking a bunch of vicodin. Boy, that was fun about 5 min after the narcan went in! I think someone in my neck of the woods must have cooked up a real "good" batch for Christmas.

4095fanatic
01-06-2008, 16:17
Had a stinking drunk lady at 9:30 AM. She hated the medic, so guess who volunteered to jump off the engine onto the ambulance lol.

Sludge
01-07-2008, 16:59
Christmas day and all I answered was the statin door from the nice folks bringing us goodies... no runs, no hits, no errors... a perfect holiday...