fifty word post. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : fifty word post.

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2002, 14:19
OK, this may be a tough one, but the idea is to post exactly fifty words, no more and no less, so take off your shoes and mittens and get one and a half friends to do likewise and help you out, cause it ain't easy counting up to fifty!

Dogman
05-18-2002, 22:48
Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall! Die ChuteTheMall!

Bildungsroman
05-18-2002, 23:03
That is why I use Word Count. With only seven fingers and nine toes, counting becomes extremely difficult; almost as difficult as eating a meal while watching sweaty 300lb Rosie behemoths perform aerobics. But I persevered through that and will make it through this as well. I think I can

Steve Koski
05-19-2002, 03:56
Huh?

xcrewman
05-19-2002, 13:23
...throwin' in the towel. :(

ChuteTheMall
05-20-2002, 11:16
If fifty words is too many, perhaps we should start a forty word post, where aspiring wordsmiths might polish their skills without taxing their arithmetical abilities excessively, where calculators are optional, where obscenities and insults might be hurled with abandon? But fifty words require only ten more words than forty.

xcrewman
05-20-2002, 14:40
Here I sit typin'
thinkin' of whats been buggin'
Chute The Mall is bein' COMPLEX...
that's what He's... askin'

Trying to nurse my achin' fingas
cause its been peckin' at this keyboard
with booth MIDDLE fingas.

Nursing my HEMORRHOIDS w/Neosporin

jhfenton
05-30-2002, 01:22
After giving into temptation and posting one hundred words, I could not resist posting other lengths. Though I would not have chosen such obvious lengths as one hundred or fifty. I would have suggested prime numbers. Perhaps a ninety-seven word post rather than one hundred? How high can ChuteTheMall go?

ChuteTheMall
06-06-2002, 02:07
Most of the other threads explain the wild and crazy antics of Rosie, Regis, Gilligan, James Bond, Hillary, Maryann, Ginger and other folk heroes and include gerbils, bad smells, flatulence, outer space, bad food, sexual innuendo, and sometimes various firearms or other weapons. But they can't fit in one sentence.

freepatriot
08-28-2004, 17:03
In the event that the Purchaser defaults in the payment of any instalment of purchase price, taxes, insurance, interest, or the annual charge described elsewhere herein, or shall default in the performance of any other obligations set forth in this Contract, the Seller may: at his option: (a) Declare immediately due and payable the entire unpaid balance of purchase price, with accrued interest, taxes, and annual charge, and demand full payment thereof, and enforce conveyance of the land by termination of the contract or according to the terms hereof, in which case the Purchaser shall also be liable to the Seller for reasonable attorney's fees for services rendered by any attorney on behalf of the Seller, or (b) sell said land and premises or any part thereof at public auction, in such manner, at such time and place, upon such terms and conditions, and upon such public notice as the Seller may deem best for the interest of all concerned, consisting of advertisement in a newspaper of general circulation in the county or city in which the security property is located at least once a week for Three (3) successive weeks or for such period as applicable law may require and, in case of default of any purchaser, to re-sell with such postponement of sale or resale and upon such public notice thereof as the Seller may determine, and upon compliance by the Purchaser with the terms of sale, and upon judicial approval as may be required by law, convey said land and premises in fee simple to and at the cost of the Purchaser, who shall not be liable to see to the application of the purchase money; and from the proceeds of the sale: First to pay all proper costs and charges, including but not limited to court costs, advertising expenses, auctioneer's allowance, the expenses, if any required to correct any irregularity in the title, premium for Seller's bond, auditor's fee, attorney's fee, and all other expenses of sale occurred in and about the protection and execution of this contract, and all moneys advanced for taxes, assessments, insurance, and with interest thereon as provided herein, and all taxes due upon said land and premises at time of sale, and to retain as compensation a commission of five percent (5%) on the amount of said sale or sales; SECOND, to pay the whole amount then remaining unpaid of the principal of said contract, and interest thereon to date of payment, whether the same shall be due or not, it being understood and agreed that upon such sale before maturity of the contract the balance thereof shall be immediately due and payable; THIRD, to pay liens of record against the security property according to their priority of lien and to the extent that funds remaining in the hands of the Seller are available; and LAST, to pay the remainder of said proceeds, if any, to the vendor, his heirs, personals representatives, successors or assigns upon the delivery and surrender to the vendee of possession of the land and premises, less costs and excess of obtaining possession.

freepatriot
08-28-2004, 17:04
The longest sentence in English literature was spoken by Molly Bloom, a character in Ulysses by James Joyce. This sentence is so long that in the original publication of the work, it extended for over forty pages, finally concluding with an affirmative "yes!" Incidentally, this edition, which was published by Sylvia Beach of Shakespeare & Co. fame, is believed to contain over five thousand typographical errors.

freepatriot
08-28-2004, 17:06
We had done the best we could because Fred lost his balance because Jamie had called it the wrong way and it was unclear how you knew that and it obviously wasn't my fault or so Steve thought for quite some time because Jamie had called it the wrong way and it obviously wasn't my fault when the facts became clear because Jamie had called it the wrong way and, as far as I could tell, the observers were certain as Jamie explained to Gretchen over a hundred times and then we all held our ground and Will didn't figure it out and Sally realized that and I am sure Gretchen knew why and then we all held our ground when the facts became clear or so Steve thought for quite some time and I am sure Gretchen knew why because Fred lost his balance because Jamie had called it the wrong way and Will didn't figure it out so Seymour gave up or so Steve thought for quite some time and Will didn't figure it out because Fred lost his balance so Seymour gave up when the facts became clear and Seymour certainly noted that and I am sure Gretchen knew why because Jamie had called it the wrong way and then we all held our ground and Seymour certainly noted that since Sally was a loser and I am sure Gretchen knew why and then we all held our ground because Jamie had called it the wrong way since Sally was a loser and I am sure Gretchen knew why and, as far as I could tell, the observers were certain.

ChuteTheMall
10-15-2009, 19:24
I had to ban freepatriot from this thread because he just couldn't stop at fifty words and kept rambling on; unfortunately, he was a moderator and I was not, so he put this thread into a deep prison cell for over five years and it took awhile to revive it.

AV1911
10-16-2009, 16:59
Alrighty then....here goes....

"EXACTLY 50 WORDS" :tongueout:

ChuteTheMall
10-19-2009, 11:31
I see what you did there, you posted "EXACTLY FIFTY WORDS" and didn't need fifty words to do it, getting by with only three as if there was some sort of a worldwide shortage of cyberink while you and your hippy liberal friends are trying to spoil my virtual world.

Angry Fist
07-07-2011, 08:15
:bump:

ChuteTheMall
07-08-2011, 07:49
I was surprised to see this thread bumped without a fifty word post, because the explanation was simple and even included tips for counting on fingers and toes for the numerically disadvantaged, but who types wearing mittins and who never changes his socks in this modern day and enlightened age?

AV1911
07-08-2011, 09:45
You spelled mittins wrong. That would be M I T T E N S. Not that it matters in this particular thread. After all, we are concerned with correct numbers, not proper english. Or are we? Why can't we have both? We should all learn to get along in this world of correct numbers AND spelling.

ChuteTheMall
07-08-2011, 10:03
Proper English demands that the word "English" always be capitalized, if not capitolized, irregardless or regardless of how many words are actually used or in point of fact utilized in formulating the reply or the answer within the context of the thread in question or under discussion, otherwise it's discusting.
:tongueout:

JimBianchi
07-08-2011, 10:50
There once was a man from Massachusetts
Who wanted to be President of the United States-us
As Governor he did such a bad job, it is now called Tax-a-tusus
The Tea Party hates him because he’s a RINO scum
There is NO chance he will ever replace the current BUM

AV1911
07-08-2011, 10:54
Yes, you are correct. Of course I knew that English was a capitalized word, but was testing resolve. However, there are two misspelled words, and one misapplied word. Is is capitolized or capitalized...discusting or disgusting? A proper grasp on the English language is mandatory along with excellent counting skills. :supergrin:

AV1911
07-08-2011, 10:54
Oh and:

USAGE: Irregardless, with its illogical negative prefix, is widely heard, perhaps arising under the influence of such perfectly correct forms as : irrespective. Irregardless is avoided by careful users of English. Use regardless to mean 'without regard or consideration for' or 'nevertheless': : I go walking every day regardless of season or weather. :wavey:

Nicko
07-08-2011, 18:47
Kind of makes me sad that "last call" is always shouted out 15 minutes before the bar actually closes. Don't they know that I could have at least two more drinks in that down time. :drink::drink: Everybody who agrees with me should give me a cheers! :cheers:.......and buy me a drink!!!!

Angry Fist
07-08-2011, 21:05
You're damn right I will, Nicko ol' buddy... After a hard day of baking in the sun, slingin' paint on a crappy wodden fence, nothing refreshes like 12 pints of St. Louis' finest swill. But alas, I shall get a visit from the evil, villanous Dr. Beersquirts on the morrow.... :cheers:

AV1911
07-08-2011, 21:21
Dang, fifteen minutes? At the place I was going, last call was given a full forty five minutes before closing. And if that wasn't bad enough, thirty minutes before closing they turned on all of the lights! How many drinks do you think one can down in forty five minutes? :cheers:

Angry Fist
07-08-2011, 21:30
Dang, fifteen minutes? At the place I was going, last call was given a full forty five minutes before closing. And if that wasn't bad enough, thirty minutes before closing they turned on all of the lights! How many drinks do you think one can down in forty five minutes? :cheers:
Well, my dear I'll, tell ya. They have this thing, actually a social group on out beloved Glock Talk called the GTDS. It stands for Glock Talk's Drunk Squad. As you can imagine, it is primarally inhabited by some extrordinarially profound drinkers. 15 minutes ain't nothin' for guys like us. :supergrin:

Nicko
07-09-2011, 11:42
We should go back to the good ol' cowboy days, when your allowed to order the whole whiskey bottle and bring it to your table. And what the he** is up with this whole fruit thing??? No bar in my opinion needs to carry fruit!!! This ain't a farmers market!!

ChuteTheMall
06-24-2012, 22:21
Yes I know that it's been less than a year but the fifty word post thread is over the heads of the average Glocktalker, so those of us who can actually count need to pitch in and set the example. There is no requirement limiting each reply to one sentence.

:cool:

Angry Fist
06-25-2012, 17:27
I needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa 'nother friggin' beer.

ChuteTheMall
06-25-2012, 17:35
I needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa needa 'nother friggin' beer.

No, you do not need another beer because you just posted over fifty words in the fifty word post thread.
In fact, you probably should not be driving either so I am afraid I will just have to take away your car keys now.
Go sleep it off somewhere else.
:drunk:

Lonestar 48
06-26-2012, 06:51
I wonder why a thread like this can come back? Do we really want to embarrass those who can’t count, or are those who post here of a far superior nature? I think the only way to ponder about this is with a fine bottle of tequila, and a lime.

ChuteTheMall
06-29-2012, 06:31
It's a bit of both, because anyone posting in this thread is clearly of a far superior nature, but there is also a lot of pleasure to be gained by harassing, embarassing, and humiliating those who can't count.
The trick is to gently lure them in, then smack them around.

:uglylol:

ChuteTheMall
10-14-2014, 08:52
When I spend two years composing a reply, you would expect a masterpiece of elucidation, information, entertainment, and humor. But high expectations of dazzling brilliance intimidate the dazzling loquacious wordsmith into awaiting inspiration from the muse. Nevertheless, as the publishing deadline approaches, pen must be put to paper at last.