Las Vegas Gun Show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Gun Show

crazypilot
01-03-2008, 21:34
Anyone going to the Las Vegas Gun Show this weekend?
http://www.lasvegasgunshow.com/

SilverState
01-03-2008, 21:35
yes, sunday

heidit
01-04-2008, 05:41
I didn't know there was a show this weekend. I might go on Sunday to see some friends. I started buy ammo from a dealer here in town that gives me good price so I don't have to go to the shows anymore for decent prices. Plus I just spent my tatoo money at targetbarn. Dam! I am officially broke! I bought a timer and some other goodies.:supergrin:

crazypilot
01-04-2008, 13:07
I may go to look around. Don't know if I'll purchase anything.

heidit
01-04-2008, 13:15
Well maybe I could use a few more mag pouches and magazines... I can see that this hobby is going to take over my life. So much to all my friends supprise and delight I am giving away all my scrapbooking stuff (which means nothing to any man reading this thread) and turning my craft room into a reload room. Way more fun!

Carver
01-04-2008, 17:20
I think I will cruise by Sunday (maybe Sat?)

My first gunshow as a NV resident (I have been to many in NV as a CA resident, which does not count).

I will be going for my CCW next month, prolly with my G36.

heidit
01-04-2008, 17:55
I was going to go but I think I am going to the range instead. It's more fun to shoot guns than look at them! If you need a recomendation for your CCW let me know. I have two good guys that teach.

crazypilot
01-04-2008, 18:58
Well maybe I could use a few more mag pouches and magazines... I can see that this hobby is going to take over my life. So much to all my friends supprise and delight I am giving away all my scrapbooking stuff (which means nothing to any man reading this thread) and turning my craft room into a reload room. Way more fun!

I agree :rofl:. If we only had more money, I wonder where we would stop :dunno:.

I think I will cruise by Sunday (maybe Sat?)

My first gunshow as a NV resident (I have been to many in NV as a CA resident, which does not count).

I will be going for my CCW next month, prolly with my G36.

Unfortunately, the Las Vegas gun show has not been as good as before. However, the Crossroads of the West gun show is way better.

heidit
01-04-2008, 19:01
Stop???? Surely your joking??

crazypilot
01-04-2008, 19:19
Stop???? Surely your joking??

Yeah, that wouldn't happen.

heidit
01-04-2008, 19:53
Ya Scooter (my son) and I walk around Bass Pro and American Shooters and say if I won the lottery.... I would buy this, that, and 3 of these. We would also really like to have the John Wayne safe at Bass Pro... the one with the leather interior! 7,500 bucks. I would actually like to go to work with Mac the guy from Future Weapons for a few days... very cool. He has written a pretty book too.

crazypilot
01-04-2008, 22:41
I know what you mean. I really want to get an AR15 but money is a little tight. I haven't been to the stores recently but I've been looking online while drooling. So I may build one myself. I'll just have to buy a few parts at a time.
I was watching Future Weapons the other day at work and I said the same thing. Didn't know about the book though.

JimBianchi
01-04-2008, 23:22
I'll go Sunday early also.

Can't miss me, I'll be the huge white dude (6'5", 350LBS) in the Red White and Blue shirt. (If I remember, I'll wear my GlockTalk hat too)

I stick out in a crowd, just a little.

If you see me, say hi.

heidit
01-05-2008, 06:10
I am dragging the AR, the HMR 17, the kid and my Glock to American about 3 on Sunday... come and say Hi.... Obviously I'll be in the rifle range. If I go at a different time I'll post it.

Jim you sound hard to miss!

crazypilot
01-05-2008, 13:23
I may do that. I have to drive out to the Gun Store to pick up an item and then I'll probably stop at Discount Firearms and look around (write down some prices). I'm still deciding if it's even worth going to the gun show. Has anyone gone yet?

Carver
01-05-2008, 16:04
I will be there in a yellow/green Brazil baseball cap

heidit
01-05-2008, 17:43
I will be there in a yellow/green Brazil baseball cap

Be where the show or the range???

Carver
01-05-2008, 18:03
show-

crazypilot
01-07-2008, 00:48
I am dragging the AR, the HMR 17, the kid and my Glock to American about 3 on Sunday... come and say Hi.... Obviously I'll be in the rifle range. If I go at a different time I'll post it.

Jim you sound hard to miss!

I wanted to make it out there today but I got caught up doing some things with my family.

BTW, did anyone make it out to the gun show? Did you find any good deals? How was it?

SilverState
01-07-2008, 00:58
It was cool. Not as many vendors as some other shows, but found some good deals nonetheless. Found an AR pistol case with mag pouches, some subsonic ammo, relatively cheap AK ammo, and some carry 9mm hydrashok.

JimBianchi
01-07-2008, 10:19
I didn't make it.

Woke up that morning with my back killing me, so I took a muscle relaxer and stayed home.

Next time I'll get there.

osiruscyn
01-07-2008, 11:12
From my experiences,

The claude hall shows suck. Not many vendors go to his anymore. The Crossroads shows are the ones that have a ton of vendors.

The cost to get in sucks. $5 to park, $11 admission per person. Then you also have to pay tax on top of all that if you purchase something.