Notebook [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Notebook

Scarecrow28
01-04-2008, 18:04
Anyone else here tote around tiny notepad? Great writers tool, especially for those that are in the fiction genre. I'm the kind of person who draws many of my concepts from my surroundings and events I witness, so this comes in handy. I have a tendency to lose them every once and a while, so I like to type out and save the hand-written notes on to a flash drive.

TheVeryIdea
01-10-2008, 14:04
Anyone else here tote around tiny notepad? Great writers tool, especially for those that are in the fiction genre. I'm the kind of person who draws many of my concepts from my surroundings and events I witness, so this comes in handy. I have a tendency to lose them every once and a while, so I like to type out and save the hand-written notes on to a flash drive.

Years ago, I used to carry around a notebook everywhere I went, but then again I had to for work since I was a reporter back in those days. :winkie:

But that's a great exercise, especially when you transcribe your notes into your word processor. For me, that action oftentimes gets the juices flowing and it's a springboard to flesh out a story.

bwphoto
01-12-2008, 21:51
I do. I'm not a reporter but I played one in college. Still keep the reporter sized notebooks around. They fit perfectly into a back pocket, are dirt cheap and prevent run-on notetaking because of their width.

Scarecrow28
01-14-2008, 16:28
I've got to get a new one. After a few months of reworking novel concepts and coming up with some viable ideas, I've began to work on my novel. I'm only 40 or 50 pages in, but the ideas are coming fast and I need a way to keep track of them all.