Just got back from the gun show in Lexington..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the gun show in Lexington.....

Kentucky_Guy
01-05-2008, 10:22
i see nothing has changed in the ten years since i went to the last one.......

overpriced junk, worthless trinkets...and they didnt even have any BEEF JERKY:steamed:

the only good thing was Buds Gunshop was down there, i should have saved my money and drove to paris to just look around there

I wish i had back the eight bucks and two hours of my life back.......

NEVER AGAIN......

edit: one of the most pathetic things i saw down there....at one of the tables there was a set of old, rusty silverware that was in a little glass display case...for FIFTY BUCKS....i wanted to ask the guy if it belonged to George Washington or something....LOL LOL

SDGlock23
01-05-2008, 11:44
Ouch! I've never been to one, and from the way you described this one, I doubt I ever will.

U1121
01-05-2008, 12:33
I started to go yesterday. I live about 75 miles away. Filled up with gasoline (3.16/gallon) which cost me $30 to fill up from just under 3/4 of a tank.

So I got to thinking, $50 to $60 for fuel, $7 or $8 to get in, possibly $5 or so to park, and $5 to $10 to eat ... all just to look around???

I saved about $75 by just staying here!!

I may order a few goodies from Natchez or CDNN or Express with my savings!

Glad to learn I really didn't miss anything. :)

U1121

Kentucky_Guy
01-05-2008, 13:16
Ouch! I've never been to one, and from the way you described this one, I doubt I ever will.

trust me.....save your eight bucks....they aint like they used to be

Kentucky_Guy
01-05-2008, 13:18
I started to go yesterday. I live about 75 miles away. Filled up with gasoline (3.16/gallon) which cost me $30 to fill up from just under 3/4 of a tank.

So I got to thinking, $50 to $60 for fuel, $7 or $8 to get in, possibly $5 or so to park, and $5 to $10 to eat ... all just to look around???

I saved about $75 by just staying here!!

I may order a few goodies from Natchez or CDNN or Express with my savings!

Glad to learn I really didn't miss anything. :)

U1121

75 miles away????? Oh my God man.....I live THREE miles away and sorry i wasted gas riding down there this morning

Berretta9
01-05-2008, 21:02
I was going to go but decided to stay home and watch the cats get spanked.

Blaker
01-06-2008, 11:31
I went to the one in November, and I said never again. Atleast you used to be able to fine some nicely priced ammo, not anymore. I see the prices on a lot of the guns and ammo there and laugh. Their a total joke!

Of course, if you think the one in Heritage Hall is bad, try the Center in Somerset. When Kenny Woods does a show there, the flea market is possibly a better option.

lordjim_2001
01-07-2008, 09:24
Well I drove up there Sunday and I'll say it wasn't a total bust. No jerky but Red Man was giving away free samples! Some decent prices on some things. You just had to look, saw a 5" target Ruger MkII in great shape that I had to pass up for $199, a NIB S&W Sigma 9mm for $300 without paperwork, all Mil Surps were about $75-300 over priced, two Ruger 10/22 rifles with the International style stocks for $450, one new, one with a scope. Saw some crazy stuff too, a throughly used base model Charles Daley 4" 1911 for $475+tax, and way too many people with coins and watches.

Parking was free as it almost always is, unless there is a UK basketball game. $7 to get in with their coupon, and $10 in gas to get there. As always Joe Bologna's is an awesome place to eat afterwards. Plus I got to see my dad and watch him laugh as I looked at every Enfield, M91/30, M44, and, M38 there.

Kentucky_Guy
01-07-2008, 18:17
Well I drove up there Sunday and I'll say it wasn't a total bust. No jerky but Red Man was giving away free samples! Some decent prices on some things. You just had to look, saw a 5" target Ruger MkII in great shape that I had to pass up for $199, a NIB S&W Sigma 9mm for $300 without paperwork, all Mil Surps were about $75-300 over priced, two Ruger 10/22 rifles with the International style stocks for $450, one new, one with a scope. Saw some crazy stuff too, a throughly used base model Charles Daley 4" 1911 for $475+tax, and way too many people with coins and watches.

Parking was free as it almost always is, unless there is a UK basketball game. $7 to get in with their coupon, and $10 in gas to get there. As always Joe Bologna's is an awesome place to eat afterwards. Plus I got to see my dad and watch him laugh as I looked at every Enfield, M91/30, M44, and, M38 there.

Joe Bologna's....THAT WAS WORTH THE TRIP:wavey:

ky_glock26
01-11-2008, 08:08
I haven't seen good stuff at a gun show in Kentucky in a couple of years now. Bud does have good prices at the shows, but you can drive to his shop and get the same deals. If you are in Louisville, check out 111 Guns right across the bridge. Also Centerfire is good stuff.

roger weinel
01-29-2008, 14:18
worst gun show in area is the one in Sharonville. OHIO unable to do private sale or buy without ohio i.d-- [claim state law ?] have been to both shows nothing worth special trips--buy ammo from centerfire the drive isn't bad --friendly people

Bren
01-29-2008, 18:49
worst gun show in area is the one in Sharonville. OHIO unable to do private sale or buy without ohio i.d-- [claim state law ?] have been to both shows nothing worth special trips--buy ammo from centerfire the drive isn't bad --friendly people

Good thing nobody sold you a gun. It isn't Ohio law, it's federal law - it's a felony for you to obtain a gun in another state or from a resident of another state (other than long gun purchases from FFL's and purchases shipped through an FFL in KY).