Some Questions. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions.

computron
01-06-2008, 01:09
My Grandfather Is a Long time member of the FreeMasons. He has been talking to me for years about joining (Telling me of the good they do for the comunity and how its a brotherhood worth belonging to) Well His health is starting to fail and He Said something to me about it again on the phone a few days ago. Now that i am a Married Man with a Child on the way i Figure i should at least look into it since i have settled in one area. And have a home with my wife. So some questions i have that would be great if i could get them answered

Is there anything that would Go against my belief as A Christian?
Are there any membership dues?
WHat is required for joining?

Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

01-06-2008, 06:31
I see that you are in PA. Where at? I am near Harrisburg.

You can find most of your answers the PA Grand Lodge Website.

www.pagrandlodge.org

There are no issues in being a Christian. In fact you don't need to be a Christian to join. You need to believe in a Supreme Being of some sort.

The dues vary from lodge to lodge. The dues at my lodge (Mt Lebanon Lodge # 226 in Lebanon PA) are $59 per year.

Check this link that shows the requirements and qualifications.

http://www.pagrandlodge.org/2be1ask1.html

I am an officer in my lodge (Senior Warden) if you have any questions about PA Freemasonry please, do not hesitate to ask. We are in need of good men to join our fraternity.

I'm sure that there would be no greater honor for your grandfather to see you join the Lodge. I hope someday that my son with follow my footsteps and "travel the same road many good and worthy men have traveled before him"

You can PM me and we can get you more information.

Good luck with your travels.

Jamie

computron
01-07-2008, 19:51
I just wanted to say thankyou for the information i am out in Lower Providence / Norristown area and i really dont know anyone that belongs to A lodge around here Is there a way that you or anyone could introduce me to a member of "charity lodge" i would want them to know me and i would want to know them before i would even think of asking them to sponser me.

If anyone here is a member of the "Charity Lodge" Please contact me

Tal041482@gmail.com or
Tal041482@yahoo.com or
AIM cmptrgk760 or
YIM tal041482

Thanks
Tony