Coated Magnetized Mounts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Coated Magnetized Mounts

pupcuss27
01-06-2008, 11:28
???

At one of the Indy 1500's, I saw a booth where a man was selling a type of a

magnetized rubber coated strip that was "strong enough" to hold a Glock.

The magnet was being sold to use to mount under a counter or a table to

conceal the gun. These magnet sets reminded me of the ones I had bought

years ago from Sears to mount on my work bench to hold small metal parts.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm babbling about and where to buy them

locally, please reply. I really don't feel like going booth after booth at the

1500 looking for them. I've all ready looked at Ace & Sears with no luck.

Thanks,
PUP

:dunno:

skydelta34
01-06-2008, 12:35
http://fastholster.com/

I bought some at the 1500, they work.

sjstill
01-06-2008, 20:44
Tony is a good guy. He helped us at the Glock Match last year.

AFA1CY
01-07-2008, 06:09
OK, here's my take on this product. You can not expose metal to a megnetic field without it becoming magnatized to some degree. I would think that by using such a product that your slide would pick up some magnetic properties and therefore attract metal filings. To me that would risk failure or at least undue wear. IMHO :supergrin:

pupcuss27
01-07-2008, 10:41
Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

The possibility of magnetizing the slide nixes this idea right away, and will

save me the time finding them and $$$ for the magnets!!!

:wavey:

fastholster1
01-09-2008, 00:17
The FAST Holsters use rare earth magnets to securely hold a firearm. We were concerned about the rare earth magnetics transferring magnetic gauss to the slide and barrel. Our testing showed measurable gauss remaining about 90 seconds after removing a firearm that had been placed on a FAST Holster for thirty days.

The rare earth magnets are over-molded in plastic to create a non-marring surface.

We will be at the 1500 this weekend if you would like to try the FAST Holsters in person.

Thanks for your interest.

crosse
06-21-2008, 20:21
this is probably one of those things where the benefits outweigh the negatives. the question is...is what about the equipment above the desk. like my watch...remote control..computer...or if at work a credit cards or credit card machine?

its either this or velcro holster under the table.

fastholster1
06-21-2008, 22:25
The FAST Holster is unique in that we have re-directed all the magnetic energy (gauss) out the front of the holster. There is no gauss that passes out the back of the holster. The purpose was to make the holster stronger. We will be at the next Indy 1500, please stop by and try it. We have a hands on display so you can see first hand. Thanks.

fastholster1
06-21-2008, 22:30
The product you are looking for is located at fastholster.com. We will be at the next INDY 1500 if you would like to stop by and check it out. We are located here in Indy.
Thanks for your interest.

fastholster1
06-21-2008, 22:39
The FAST Holster does transfer a trace amount of magnetism to the slide temporarily. In our testing a Glock 26 was placed on a holster for 30 days and then removed and tested. There was measurable gauss that disapated in less than 90 seconds. Thanks for your interst.

Indy_Guy_77
06-24-2008, 06:24
Just a little note about the possibility of keeping / attracting metal shavings:

If a metal is soft enough to be shorn under normal operation of a firearm, then wouldn't it reason that the metal is sufficiently soft as to NOT cause undue wear on that firearm?

The one caveat being the size of the shavings potentially getting in between moving parts and causing sticky movement or stopped movement of the internals.

And if something's wrong with your firearm to the point it's actually wearing on the slide / frame rails and/or the barrell...then you've got bigger problems on your hands than attaching your pistol under your end table with the FastHolster.

-J-