Purchase out of state? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Purchase out of state?

xXxMLEExXx
01-08-2008, 08:57
I'm currently waiting on my permit to be approved. In the
mean time, doing some research on where to buy. I know
I only have 30 days to purchase once I get my permits.
My question is I'm from Northern Jersey, am I able to go
to PA to pick up a G19 with a permit? Do I have to pick up
or purchase in my state?

Patterson
01-08-2008, 18:18
If you choose to buy out of state, it has to be shipped to an FFL within your home state. When I was in the same spot as you, I found an FFL near me that was not in the business to make money (he's actually a Pharmacist) & sold firearms at $20 above his cost. He keeps his FFL status active so he can take advantage of special deals for himself since he is a hunter & a collector. So, I ordered my G19 from him & got what I thought was a very fair deal.

Look around... you may find a licensed FFL near you that can offer you a good deal. It does not necessarily need to be a big outfit where you make your purchase. I'm not sure where in north Jersey you are located, but the FFL I used is near exit 120 on the GSP.

USMC1369
01-08-2008, 23:51
Where in Northern NJ. If you're by Patterson they have a few decent shops there and in the area.

xXxMLEExXx
01-09-2008, 08:00
If you choose to buy out of state, it has to be shipped to an FFL within your home state. When I was in the same spot as you, I found an FFL near me that was not in the business to make money (he's actually a Pharmacist) & sold firearms at $20 above his cost. He keeps his FFL status active so he can take advantage of special deals for himself since he is a hunter & a collector. So, I ordered my G19 from him & got what I thought was a very fair deal.

Look around... you may find a licensed FFL near you that can offer you a good deal. It does not necessarily need to be a big outfit where you make your purchase. I'm not sure where in north Jersey you are located, but the FFL I used is near exit 120 on the GSP.

Thanks for the info, I don't know anyone, nor able to find anyone with
a licensed FFL in my area.

xXxMLEExXx
01-09-2008, 08:01
Where in Northern NJ. If you're by Patterson they have a few decent shops there and in the area.

I'm in Fort Lee, right by the George Washington Bridge.:wavey:

Patterson
01-10-2008, 20:27
Do a Google search. Gunbroker.com has a search engine of sorts - http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp. You may find other sites. Like the case with the Pharmacist in my area, you might be surprised who holds an FFL license & can offer a better deal than the larger stores. Good luck!