Stay away from BassPro in Pratville [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from BassPro in Pratville

collim1
01-08-2008, 15:56
Heres the story, it is a little long but worth reading.

I bought a Rem 870 12g synthetic, a smoothbore 20" barrel, and a rifled 20" barrell in August. Opening weekend, great deal could not passi it up. One gun for HD, small game, birds, and deer hunting.

Took it to the range the following weekend and about 1 in 5 times the action was cycled the gun would not release a fresh shell from the mag tube. Looking inside the action when it jammed up you could see the left shell latch was binded up and forced over the action bar, holding the shell in place in the tube. Hard to explain but easy to see.

I call Basspro and the customer service girl tells me to bring it in for an exchange. I drive all the way to Pratville and the manager tells me that they cannot exchange guns but they would send it to Remington for me and have it back in a couple of weeks.

I leave it with them and then have to go out of town for some job training. I will only be home on weekends for 3 mos so I lose track of time concerning the gun.

A month later I call to BassPro and ask to speak to the guy that shipped the gun back for me, I am told that he no longer works there. I speak to the new firearms manager and he tells me that they have lost the paperwork concerning the shipping of the gun, but not to worry that it was sent and they would call me when it comes back in.

For two months that is all that I can get anyone to tell me. I am getting furious so I go up there with my paperwork and ask them to check and see if the gun has come in. Them manager comes back out with my gun and tells me that it was never shipped, and that it was never labeled so they did not know what was wrong with it.

Now they offer to give me a new gun:steamed: I refuse and tell them to kiss my a** and the manager gives me a $50 gift card. I tell him that this is the last 50 bucks I will ever spend in here (hey cant turn down $50 worth of free Winchester buckshot and slugs)

While I was gone at training a co worker got to attend the Remington shotgun armorer's course. He now has tools, parts and troubleshooting training for 870's .

Lucky me. I gave it to him and am waiting on him to recieve a new left shall latch. Once the part is in he says it only needs to be restaked using a tool Remington gave him and the gun should be fine.

Sorry for long rant, but I am very furious at these idiots. If they had just been honest with me about losing my paperwork in the first place we could have fixed the problem up front. Instead they chose to lie to me and I guess figured I would just forget about it.

Only after I threatened to report the gun stolen did they actually fess up to misplacing my gun and information.

Worst of all, the manager stated that the person I gave the gun to in August no longer worked there. I did not even bother calling him on his BS because I recognized him as the guy I gave it to. Unless he has a twin brother with the same name he is liar. I even have his signature on the reciept.

Keith5579
01-08-2008, 23:59
Sounds like a heck of a PITA. Hows training going?

mossy500camo
01-09-2008, 13:41
Wow man! Thanks for the heads up... I was planning to go there this weekend. I guess I will visit Dicks Sporting Goods in Auburn instead.

thooks
01-14-2008, 11:35
That sucks. We have been in there twice since Labor Day and neither time say anything other than a bottle of water that I needed.

owl6roll
01-15-2008, 02:57
thanks. Pratville isn't too far down the "big road" from Calera. An old, now retired dispatcher from Bham would call the interstate the "big road" and it's stuck with me.

the good old days....when you found a mattress on the big road, and there was a body rapped up in it.

collim1
01-17-2008, 01:08
Sounds like a heck of a PITA. Hows training going?

Training has been over for a while now, I am back in town and back at work.

Still waiting on my friend to get the gun back to me, he had to go out of town again before the part he ordered came in.

Oh well, it will be next hunting season before I get to use it. I prefer the pump 12g to my Marlin .30-30 lever gun for up close deer.