rock band [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : rock band

don51181
01-08-2008, 18:44
Anyone played this yet? I am thinking of getting it. My wife loves Karaoke.

WellArmedSheep
01-08-2008, 20:52
I co-worker friend of mine has it and she loves it...she said she hasn't played Guitar Hero since she got it, which is sayin' alot coming from her. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play it.

gunz
01-13-2008, 23:06
My Uncle and his family brought it to our News Years Party. It was an AWSOME party game. If you have a household of three or more I think it would be great. For just one or two people it is not nearly as fun. It is great having someone drumming and one or two people on the guitar and someone singing. It was a BLAST!

jason10mm
01-15-2008, 12:27
It is a great party game, thogh I wish easy on the drums didn't have any foot pedal, as that is by far the hardest part of that instrument. There are codes to unlock all the songs, otherwise you will have to play some of them to death trying to unlock new ones.

As a solo game, not so much. The wireless Guitar Hero 3 guitar was by far the prefered axe over the Rock Band wired guitar. I didn't care much either way, other than the stiffer Rock Band strum bar taking some time to get used to.

I prefer the GH3 songs, though there is a surprising amount of duplication between the two. Some level of collaboration had to occur for that to happen, or one company owns a lot of the music and they sold the same stuff to both games.

RB is definitely kicking ass with downloads however. Don't know why GH3 is taking so long to come out with decent stuff, but RB puts out good stuff every week, so it has the edge in longevity.