IPSC Shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IPSC Shoot

heidit
01-10-2008, 14:54
Hey the first IPSC shoot is coming up February 3 @ Desert Sportsman... 8am set up.

Slmpickins26
01-23-2008, 19:55
That sucks. Probably going to be a small showing. Alot of people are going to be at shot show. Me included.:supergrin: He got any info on the regs. I've been pondering shooting IPSC

heidit
01-23-2008, 20:03
www.uspsa.org & www.ipsc.org I am also on the brianenos.com chat forum. They have a lot of useful information. Yes, I realiszed that the first match is on Shot Show Sunday... I also have a pass to the show. So I don't know if I will shoot ipsc or go to the show. I depends on if I see everything I want on Friday and Saturday.

crazypilot
01-23-2008, 20:27
I got a pass to Shot Show too so I will not make it to IPSC. Plus the Superbowl will be on.

heidit
01-23-2008, 20:32
I'd rather shoot than watch the super bowl!

heidit
01-23-2008, 20:37
Hey check out my new avitar ... I shot it last sunday at desert lakes

Slmpickins26
01-23-2008, 20:39
Hey check out my new avitar ... I shot it last sunday at desert lakes

A mans got to have his priorities. Besides who wants to see the Patriots win anyways. I'm sick of it and hope the Giants hand them thier A@#. Cool avatar. How is Desert lakes anyways? I'm a member at Boulder.

heidit
01-23-2008, 20:43
I postponed having surgery to attend the shot show, but if I don't go shoot IPSC on that Sunday I won't get to shoot IPSC until late March or April when I can get around again.

heidit
01-23-2008, 20:47
I love Desert Lakes, I am not a member. I probably will get a membership at Desert Sportman because that's where I shot IPSC and Steel. Desert Lakes has a very nice pistol range. Several steel targets available, the range is not dirt, it's part rubber? and cement.

Slmpickins26
01-23-2008, 20:59
I love Desert Lakes, I am not a member. I probably will get a membership at Desert Sportman because that's where I shot IPSC and Steel. Desert Lakes has a very nice pistol range. Several steel targets available, the range is not dirt, it's part rubber? and cement.

What part of town is it in?

heidit
01-23-2008, 21:06
The link is desertlakeshooting.com If you take the turn off heading to Laughlin, and take the next right off the highway (you'll see the signage maybe a mile down the road) and follow the signs to the range. Desert Sportsman is west of the 215 off Charleston. The link to Desert Sportsman is www.dsrpc.net

crazypilot
01-23-2008, 23:25
.... Besides who wants to see the Patriots win anyways. I'm sick of it and hope the Giants hand them thier A@#....

Not going to happen :tongueout:. I was thinking about getting a membership at DSRPC as well. I went out shooting with Steven Jimenez on Sunday and had a blast there. I really need to get a rifle so that I can take full advantage of the range. I really want an AR15 but I just can't spend all that money at once so I may have to settle for something else. I spend too much on ammo already. I'm going to the GSSF match Sunday to watch, don't know if I'll compete yet. BTW, nice avatar :supergrin:.

heidit
01-24-2008, 06:08
what size are you buying??? I have friends in low places that I sometimes get deals from. STOP WATCHING!! Get out and shoot the match! If I can do it, you can do it! Point down range and shoot! Ya the avita is funny. I shot it @ 15 yards, I did it on purpose! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Slmpickins26
01-24-2008, 19:12
Not going to happen :tongueout:. I was thinking about getting a membership at DSRPC as well. I went out shooting with Steven Jimenez on Sunday and had a blast there. I really need to get a rifle so that I can take full advantage of the range. I really want an AR15 but I just can't spend all that money at once so I may have to settle for something else. I spend too much on ammo already. I'm going to the GSSF match Sunday to watch, don't know if I'll compete yet. BTW, nice avatar :supergrin:.

Go to www.del-ton.com They have rifle kits for around $500. Give or take $50 bucks. The only thing you need to buy is the stripped lower. So you'll be into a decent rifle for about $600-$650.

crazypilot
01-24-2008, 20:28
what size are you buying??? I have friends in low places that I sometimes get deals from. STOP WATCHING!! Get out and shoot the match! If I can do it, you can do it! Point down range and shoot! Ya the avita is funny. I shot it @ 15 yards, I did it on purpose! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
So far I like what ADS has offered for the AR platform. I was thinking about building one myself since I can buy a few parts here and there. I wish I could pay the registration fee and the match fee to compete in the GSSF but I want to save some money to see what I can find at Shot Show. BTW, good shooting. I tried doing that and mine comes out all retarted.

Go to www.del-ton.com They have rifle kits for around $500. Give or take $50 bucks. The only thing you need to buy is the stripped lower. So you'll be into a decent rifle for about $600-$650.
A few people suggested Del-ton kits. I hear they are pretty good too. Hell, can't beat the price.