Better 'Smiths shop insurance suggestions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Better 'Smiths shop insurance suggestions?

erh
01-10-2008, 19:17
I am looking to buy a new liability insurance policy for my shop; any recommendations? Frankly, it's a difficult business to make a money with as some of you likely know and the insurance rates are pretty absurd that I have at present..! :wow:

Thanks for GOOD suggestions all..! :wavey:

Eric!

Allman
01-11-2008, 10:16
I am looking to buy a new liability insurance policy for my shop; any recommendations? Frankly, it's a difficult business to make a money with as some of you likely know and the insurance rates are pretty absurd that I have at present..! :wow:

Thanks for GOOD suggestions all..! :wavey:

Eric!
Don't know if this suggestion will be of any value, but last time I changed my general business liability policy due to escalating costs, I did an online search, filled out inquiries at the most promising of the results, and finally came up with a good policy with a reputable company at substantially less than my previous rates.

I ended up conducting the transaction with the agent by phone (he's in another city), not entirely over the internet.

The use of the internet made it possible to do what would have required many days of intensive research by phone and mail in a matter of a few hours, and saved me many hundreds of dollars that I would be currently paying since I did not have the time or resources to do it.

erh
01-11-2008, 21:21
Don't know if this suggestion will be of any value, but last time I changed my general business liability policy due to escalating costs, I did an online search, filled out inquiries at the most promising of the results, and finally came up with a good policy with a reputable company at substantially less than my previous rates.

I ended up conducting the transaction with the agent by phone (he's in another city), not entirely over the internet.

The use of the internet made it possible to do what would have required many days of intensive research by phone and mail in a matter of a few hours, and saved me many hundreds of dollars that I would be currently paying since I did not have the time or resources to do it.

Indeed the internet is amazing in most ways such as this, however this particular subject seems to leave even the "Net" stumped.. I DID manage to reach a man here locally (Refferal from my lady of all people..!) today that has quoted me a SUBSTANTIAL savings, now I just need him to find me one more factor and I'm done..

Thanks very much Sir, the suggestion was absolutely a help. :supergrin:

Regards,

Eric H.