SBR/LEO question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SBR/LEO question

owl6roll
01-11-2008, 01:04
Hey guys,

Anyone in here own a short barreled rifle? Not department issued. I've been told several different things, main one, Alabama 13A says..Section 13A-11-63
Possession, sale, etc., of short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun; applicability of section.
(a) A person who possesses, obtains, receives, sells, or uses a short-barreled rifle or a short-barreled shotgun is guilty of a Class C felony.

(b) This section does not apply to a peace officer who possesses, obtains, receives, sells, or uses a short-barreled rifle or a short-barreled shotgun in the course of or in connection with his official duties.

(Acts 1982, No. 82-430, 2.)

It's NOT a department issued weapon. Just wondering if I'm gonna have to a 5.5 incher flash hider to attach (perminate) to it (make 16inches).

Thanks

PeterJasonMN
01-11-2008, 01:22
According to the Sticky in the Free Fire Zone, you are correct, Alabama doesn't allow them. So you'd have to do the permanent flash hider unless you could go through ATF for whatever special permit you might need beyond your $200 tax stamp.

owl6roll
01-11-2008, 02:49
Thats what I thought. OOPS...permanent...need to wake up and spell better.

Keith5579
01-11-2008, 16:19
I asked an ATF agent this same question a couple years ago. His answer was if it is not a department owned weapon, it was illegal.