Any of you fellas go through ROTC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any of you fellas go through ROTC?

justinhcannon
01-12-2008, 01:00
I am a disabled vet (50% for now) and I am trying to get back in if possible. I'm a freshman in College, and will start ROTC on Tuesday when school begins again. I know it's gonna take one hell of a waiver to get back it, but we've been working on it for awhile and will see how the next two years go before I really have to make a decision. I know about giving up my benefits and all that, I just want to know if anyone here got their commission in ROTC... and if so, if you have any pointers.
FWIW, I've already been to "Camp Challenge"... I went about a year before I enlisted. Is the rest of it about the same as that?

deadday
01-12-2008, 04:38
Justin, can you keep me updated on your waiver process? What school are you going through ROTC at? Who is your recruiter/paper pusher? Do you mind shooting me a PM about your disability rating? The reason I ask is that I have been considering ROTC/G2G for some time, then got injured, so I'm wondering if it's still a possibility.

drew

Biscuitsjam
01-12-2008, 09:23
I'm taking some of the freshman/sophmore level classes now. I don't want a commission, but they're supposed to be easy "A" grades.

deadday
01-12-2008, 19:11
I'm taking some of the freshman/sophmore level classes now. I don't want a commission, but they're supposed to be easy "A" grades.

Don't forget they're (college courses) worth promotion points too..

drew