Need recommend for good price shop in LA, CA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need recommend for good price shop in LA, CA

rain252
01-13-2008, 18:41
Do any Californians know a shop or sporting goods store in the LA, Calif area where Glocks are sold at a good price? preferably along the northern part of the LA area from the eastern greater LA area and west to Santa Monica.
Thanks

Juliet Lima
01-14-2008, 17:31
try turners. they have a bunch of locations. you can usually get lucky and find glocks at a good price. they have tons of other stuff too.

http://www.turners.com/turners/stores.html

Carcass2
02-05-2008, 18:45
Try Gun World in Burbank. They pretty much stock the whole Glock line, and you can try to negotiate.

http://www.gunworldburbank.com/

iceweazle
02-06-2008, 04:33
I have had good luck with GunWorld in Burbank.

I will say the best deals I got were when I paid in full with cash when I made the deal. I usually deal with Joe and Paul.

ArkinDomino
02-11-2008, 02:25
Stay away from GUNWORLD!!! Their prices are insane. $699.99 for a G19 before tax and DOJ/DROS fees?! I bought my Ruger Mark III there and when I had a problem with the gun they directed me to another gun shop... Outstanding service eh?:upeyes:

Bob Loblaw
02-26-2008, 04:05
http://www.retting.com/index.php

I'm in this store a couple of times a week. Staff is usually pretty friendly, even the moody guy gives good advice. Prices seem about right for the area. Lot of used stuff, especially shotguns, rifles and Glocks all with a 1 year waranty I believe. High tag 1911's, Kahrs, CZ, Browning, Seacamp, no need to mention the big names because they have those too.

If you get down to Torrance, try Sharpshooters -
http://www.socalsharpshooter.com/about_us

Not a big selection but you can order from galleryofguns.com and shoot it at the range while you're waiting to take home. I got my Glock quick this way and saved a couple of bucks over Turners (which has pretty decent staff at the Torrance store). Sharpshooters also has great tactical classes - ask for Fred, he knows his stuff.

Inspire
03-02-2008, 13:39
If you're close to the OC area I would recommend Fowler gun room. I just did a private party transfer there this morning as well as getting some guns appraised on Saturday. They are knowledgeable and helpful, although their prices might be a bit higher then the chain stores.

And Bob, Arrested Development is the best show ever!

hman
03-30-2008, 13:38
Stay away from GUNWORLD!!! Their prices are insane. $699.99 for a G19 before tax and DOJ/DROS fees?! I bought my Ruger Mark III there and when I had a problem with the gun they directed me to another gun shop... Outstanding service eh?:upeyes:

I'd visited Gunworld twice and left empty handed because of the price tags and the horrible service. :dunno:

Greg F.
03-30-2008, 16:32
Bain & Davis in San Gabriel (626) 573-4241 or (323) 283-7449 just got in a bunch of used Glocks from an LA gun club that couldn't sell them because they didn't meet LA city requirements anymore. I just bought a G29 there for $325. If you're LEO they also have a G17L, 24, & 24C for sale. They are also one of the only gunsmiths around as well.
edit to add: They're closed Sun-Mon.

Inspire
04-02-2008, 02:20
Bain & Davis in San Gabriel (626) 573-4241 or (323) 283-7449 just got in a bunch of used Glocks from an LA gun club that couldn't sell them because they didn't meet LA city requirements anymore. I just bought a G29 there for $325. If you're LEO they also have a G17L, 24, & 24C for sale. They are also one of the only gunsmiths around as well.
edit to add: They're closed Sun-Mon.

Haha, I play pool and go drinking with Steve one of the gun smith's there. I'll have to talk to him about those glocks for sale.

Greg F.
04-02-2008, 12:31
Haha, I play pool and go drinking with Steve one of the gun smith's there. I'll have to talk to him about those glocks for sale.

I'm sure Steve will remember me. Ask him about the time he accidently chopped the barrel down on a 1909 Enfield that was there for cleaning, instead of chopping the Chinese copy that he was supposed to cut. I heard when he realized his mistake he went home and got very drunk.

Inspire
04-11-2008, 00:21
I'm sure Steve will remember me. Ask him about the time he accidently chopped the barrel down on a 1909 Enfield that was there for cleaning, instead of chopping the Chinese copy that he was supposed to cut. I heard when he realized his mistake he went home and got very drunk.

LOL!!!! Yeah that sounds like Steve. That ******* got me trashed the other night )=

oldnoob
05-05-2008, 01:13
Bain & Davis is a nice little shop, too bad i didn't get much service there. i think it has something to do the fact i look young for them. went in twice without much help. i'm kind of used to that though. most gun shop don't like young costumers. well, their lost.

i like to go to oc indoor range. they have a small gun shop in it. they mostly sold glock and xd, few M&P and sig, but they can order all ca legal guns.

Grocked
05-11-2008, 02:07
Martin B. Retting's in Culver City.

oldnoob
11-12-2008, 22:05
Bain & Davis is a nice little shop, too bad i didn't get much service there. i think it has something to do the fact i look young for them. went in twice without much help. i'm kind of used to that though. most gun shop don't like young costumers. well, their lost.

i like to go to oc indoor range. they have a small gun shop in it. they mostly sold glock and xd, few M&P and sig, but they can order all ca legal guns.

Ok, I revisit B&D, and have an outstanding service. I actually stand in the store and chat with Don for 2 hours. Very knowledgeable, fun little shop.

FLuXmr2spyder
11-15-2008, 05:21
I've had good luck at SharpShooters in Torrance, got my Kimber there

try Ammo Bros in Cerritos
or
Centerpoint in Riverside