Shortage MOS list? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shortage MOS list?

deadday
01-13-2008, 22:28
Anyone out there know where I can find one of these online? I need to take a look at one soon....Haven't had any luck searching....Could the IN/OUT chart be considered a shortage chart?

thanks
drew

reconshawn
01-31-2008, 18:16
Try www. military.com

fourdeuce2
02-02-2008, 10:43
You might want to look at the whole MOS list. You're not always restricted to just going into a shortage MOS. I know that's the "official" policy, but it can be bent sometimes if you let them know you're really interested in something specific.
Back in 1978 I switched from an overstrength MOS(11C) to a short MOS(84B) when I re-enlisted. The company retention NCO told me I couldn't do it, so I told him I'd get out then. About two weeks later he called me and let me know he'd found me a slot in Photography School if I was ready to re-enlist. Of course, he did make sure I knew that he wasn't guaranteeing that I'd finish the school or get the MOS, but he could guarantee me a slot in the school. I told him if I could get into the school, I could pass it, and I was pretty sure I'd get the MOS after that.
Doing that depends on how "desperate" they are at the time, though.:dunno:

sgtslwilson
10-09-2010, 03:39
Apparently 19k is short. I just got my involuntary activation to go to Iraq. I have been out for years. Im old and fat and they called me up. My whole life is going to be disrupted.

jdh31313
10-10-2010, 09:22
Apparently 19k is short. I just got my involuntary activation to go to Iraq. I have been out for years. Im old and fat and they called me up. My whole life is going to be disrupted.

Are you IRR? How long have you been out?

sgtslwilson
10-10-2010, 11:35
Are you IRR? How long have you been out?

about 3 years now. I still had a year or so of IRR before I was done because I signed up to do a year in the Guard a couple of years back.

metrogruntual
10-14-2010, 05:05
Apparently 19k is short.

in the stryker world 19K is known as a TWAT

(tanker without a tank)

dennishix
11-04-2010, 00:54
8 years is 8 years, the length of service you signed up for both IRR and AD/ARNG/AR. I had a troop with one week left in the IRR get called back. Have to read the contract before you sign.