visiting in Manhathan , advise please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : visiting in Manhathan , advise please

Charly
01-14-2008, 04:43
Hi,

I will be visiting NY - Manhathan - by end of April and I was wondering what are the possibilities to go with my son (17yrs) and daugther (15yrs) to a shooting range .
I was a couple of times in Miami and had no problem there but I know the NY state regulations are much different then the FL.
I am a Belgian citizen / resident. Is it the same as in Ohio (quasi impossible) or is there a chance ? I don't mind taking a car or a train and go to NJ if it is not too far .
Any ideas ?

And I could also use a good adress to buy shooting related items in the area.

nicfit212
01-17-2008, 21:10
No chance of shooting a pistol in NY without a NY permit, but rifle and shotgun shooting is permitted. In Manhattan, I would start here:

http://www.westsidepistolrange.com/

That's the only range in the area I know where you can rent. Jersey is also a possibility, but I can't help you there.

nicfit212
(NY Snob ;)

Charly
01-18-2008, 03:34
No chance of shooting a pistol in NY without a NY permit, but rifle and shotgun shooting is permitted. In Manhattan, I would start here:

http://www.westsidepistolrange.com/

That's the only range in the area I know where you can rent. Jersey is also a possibility, but I can't help you there.

nicfit212
(NY Snob ;)

Thank you for your info.
I tried to get on their site but my computer can not connect .
Do you have an address and eventualy a phone number so I can call them while in NY ?

Thanks in advance.

Douglas in CT
01-18-2008, 03:52
Hi Charly,
Take the train to Connecticut (~ 1 hour from NYC), and avoid driving around NYC (not fun!).

This shop in Norwalk has an indoor range and rents guns. :)

Shooting Sports/Scott Moss Gun and Tackle,
4 New Canaan Ave.,
Norwalk, CT 06851.
Phone: 203-847-2767
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (50, 75 Ft)
Range Access: Public

Depending on my schedule, I could meet you and your children at the train station and take you to the range for some fun. :)

Charly
01-18-2008, 04:19
Hi Charly,
Take the train to Connecticut (~ 1 hour from NYC), and avoid driving around NYC (not fun!).

This shop in Norwalk has an indoor range and rents guns. :)

Shooting Sports/Scott Moss Gun and Tackle,
4 New Canaan Ave.,
Norwalk, CT 06851.
Phone: 203-847-2767
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (50, 75 Ft)
Range Access: Public

Depending on my schedule, I could meet you and your children at the train station and take you to the range for some fun. :)

I am very tempted .
I will contact you if I can make it out to CT, thanks for your proposal !!!

nicfit212
01-18-2008, 08:08
Thank you for your info.
I tried to get on their site but my computer can not connect .
Do you have an address and eventualy a phone number so I can call them while in NY ?

Thanks in advance.

20 W 20th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-7287

No problem, have fun.

Alan Antopol
01-19-2008, 21:31
20 W 20th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-7287

No problem, have fun.

Very competent, friendly range staff. Easy to reach via subway. And, no I am neither an owner nor an employee of the range. :-)