Kt P32 Armalaser or Crimson Trace [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kt P32 Armalaser or Crimson Trace

Mikeyboy
01-16-2008, 13:54
I was going to buy a frickin' laser for my Kel Tec P32 and I was surprise to find out that now Crimson Trace makes a laser similar to Aramlaser.

Anyone who owns one can tell me which one is better.

ricklee4570
01-15-2010, 09:54
Good question, as the Armalaser is less expensive, I wonder as well if it is as good in quality?

stmcelroy
01-15-2010, 10:37
One activates by just gripping the gun, the other adds an extra step of having to turn it on.

In a defensive situation less steps is better, get the Crimson Trace.

ricklee4570
01-15-2010, 10:46
What is the extra step?

stmcelroy
01-15-2010, 11:08
What is the extra step?

You have to stick your finger in the trigger guard and touch the laser to turn it on, while not as bad as having to turn it on like a Lasermax, it still is an extra step that you have to remember to do.

I have a Crimson Trace grip on my LCP and will have to admit I really don't like how it changes the grip of an already small gun, so maybe i'll have to give the Armalaser a try.

Now on my S&W 340PD the CT grip is perfect.

RayB
01-15-2010, 13:59
While instant-on is a great feature for a CCW, I prefer a master on/off switch on a bedside gun.

--Ray

dbrook67
01-15-2010, 14:15
On my Glock 19 the CT does change the grip. I like the way it works and is activated by grip - however, it has caused quite a blister to develop on my thumb, and it is a little harder to eject the mag since my thumb is now slightly further back.

Would I buy it again - probably, but when I am on the range I typically cover it up (since there is no off/off switch) so I can practice getting the front sight on target without the distraction of the laser.

Just some more food for thought ...