YES!!! I made her cry!!! I think that it's good...right? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : YES!!! I made her cry!!! I think that it's good...right?

fnfalman
01-17-2008, 17:56
So, I've been keeping it low key with this foreign woman whom I utterly adore. Reference this thread. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759454

Basically just hang out and chat with her, laying off the romantic courtship stuff, gave her a very modest Christmas gift (a spirituality book - which she loved...or so she said). Laid off the flower stuff too. Just being her friend, I suppose, even though I wanted to do nothing but shower her with love and affection (thank you, The Supremes).

The only problem is that the more I found out about her by being her friend, the more I adore her.:faint::wow: But I still have to be cool about it and being her friend as I promised. But now and then I do got a good one in.:supergrin: Like one day some dumbass chick clerk at one of those cosmetic surgery joints telling her that she needed to go have Botox done in order to eliminate wrinkles and other stuff. Granted, at 31 she does have some wrinkles, but to me it's character. I told her afterward that she don't need no stinking cosmetic enhancement because she's perfect as is (and I meant it). She had this look in her eyes and when she spoke my name I could have sworn that she was going to cry.

And then last night, I came to visit her at work and to grab some grubs (she's a bartender at a restaurant that I frequent) only to find out that she was sicker than a dog yet she was there slaving away. My heart broke, I tell ya. I'm not the me-He-Man-you-weak-girl type, but all I wanted to was to tell her all she has to do is say yes and all her financial worries are over with. I wanted to say it so badly, but knowing this woman, it would have been an insult to her honor.

So, I did the next best thing: hauled ass half way across LA, breaking the speed limits at least twice over (thank you, Aprilia, for making badass motorcycles!!!) - it was at night so traffic was sparse, went to my favorite grocery store and grabbed some of her favorite proscuitto and pate and ONE carnation which I tucked carefully between the shirt and the riding jacket (thankfully it was intact when I rode back). Came back and gave them to her. She said, "you make me want to cry." and then she started to sniffle. Gave me the hardest hug I've ever got from her, sloppily kissed me on the cheek (I hope I'm not getting what she's having) got in the car and drove off.

I think that I done good...right?

Maybe it will help breaking her down for romance more. Or maybe it won't. It doesn't matter to me at this point. I made her happy for one tinsy bit of a moment. I'm a sucker for this woman, but so what? Everybody's a fool, I might as well be a fool for love.

SouthernGal
01-18-2008, 11:56
If nothing else, you've been tenacious when it comes to this girl. You ain't giving up on her, are you?

:supergrin:

fnfalman
01-18-2008, 12:12
If nothing else, you've been tenacious when it comes to this girl. You ain't giving up on her, are you?

:supergrin:

Yes and no. Yes I've been tenacious BUT I only go to the joint three days a week when she's there. I don't go to the other joints that she works at. I don't call her unless she asked me to. I don't email her unless she's expecting it.

And no, I ain't givin' up. Though I did tell her and do tell her that if she ever want to have nothing to do with me at all in any which way, all she has to do is say so and I will never trouble her again.

We've gone out for late night snacks twice (I would like to think that they were dates:embarassed: but I'm sure that she would refute it:crying:) and we're suppose to go again sometimes next week. AND she was the one that suggested it. Hey, beggars can't be choosers, and I simply enjoy this woman's company. Who woulda thunk that I pine after an old chick?:wow:

SouthernGal
01-18-2008, 14:11
Yes and no. Yes I've been tenacious BUT I only go to the joint three days a week when she's there. I don't go to the other joints that she works at. I don't call her unless she asked me to. I don't email her unless she's expecting it.

I love it...you're not a pest.

And no, I ain't givin' up. Though I did tell her and do tell her that if she ever want to have nothing to do with me at all in any which way, all she has to do is say so and I will never trouble her again.

We've gone out for late night snacks twice (I would like to think that they were dates:embarassed: but I'm sure that she would refute it:crying:) and we're suppose to go again sometimes next week. AND she was the one that suggested it. Hey, beggars can't be choosers, and I simply enjoy this woman's company. Who woulda thunk that I pine after an old chick?:wow:

I wouldn't kick you to the curb for being nice either. I was nice to someone I didn't know all that well once and things turned out pretty okay (okay, better than okay :supergrin: ), even if I didn't think he was "my type" when we first met. Sometimes your perspective on things evolves.

aroller
01-18-2008, 15:06
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! You sound like such a sweet guy! She's very lucky!

fnfalman
01-18-2008, 15:35
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! You sound like such a sweet guy! She's very lucky!

Oooooh, somebody doesn't know me too well.:whistling::rofl:

I'm only nice to this woman because she commands my attention. Otherwise I'm a pig.:wow:

I was nice to someone I didn't know all that well once and things turned out pretty okay (okay, better than okay ), even if I didn't think he was "my type" when we first met. Sometimes your perspective on things evolves.

Well, hope springs eternal, that's where I'm at with this woman. If not then c'est l'amour, but I still enjoy her company even on a platonic level. Besides, I'm suppose to be taking a break from chasing young poons. The bank account needs rebuilding.:embarassed:

mitchshrader
01-18-2008, 15:52
s'all right, they KNOW you're a pig. we ALL had male ancestors, it's genetic..

a pig with MANNERS is hard enough to get, so women settle pretty easy. i had a real nice lady friend tell me once the easiest way to get frisky was just ask POLITELY.. the best odds you'll ever encounter..

aroller
01-21-2008, 09:05
hahahaha... thanks.. it's good to know you're a pig!! :-P

robert7355
01-21-2008, 20:00
just be careful! If you don't make a move pretty soon you will forever be "just a friend". Time to take it up a notch!

aroller
01-22-2008, 08:28
That's true.. make a move now lol!!

fnfalman
01-23-2008, 08:17
I'm not afraid of being "just a friend". I've received plenty of benefits being "just a friend" to other chicks before. Ain't no big thang.

The ball is in her court and not mine. But in the mean time, there are other poons that require some of my tender ministrations. It's not like I'm living a monk's life waiting for this woman to change her opinions.

TacticalTina
01-23-2008, 15:47
It's not like I'm living a monk's life waiting for this woman to change her opinions.

True...but she may just be waiting for you to make a move.

I would be if I were her! Sounds like you've been nothing but sweet to her!

fnfalman
01-23-2008, 19:25
True...but she may just be waiting for you to make a move.

I would be if I were her! Sounds like you've been nothing but sweet to her!

Okay, I'm stumped. What kind of move are we talking about here? I told her of my romantic notions and she said that she likes me a lot but only as friends. We do go out for snacks and chat, but I don't think that I can grab her for a kiss.

gimmejr
01-25-2008, 10:34
Does she talk about other dudes while shes with you?

who_dat
01-25-2008, 10:40
My heart broke, I tell ya. I'm not the me-He-Man-you-weak-girl type, but all I wanted to was to tell her all she has to do is say yes and all her financial worries are over with. I wanted to say it so badly, but knowing this woman, it would have been an insult to her honor.

I think that I done good...right?

NEVER bring up the money. If you use that one, you'll never know if it was you or $$. Other than that, you done good.

Tell her you want to take her on a date. Keep it simple. Don't over think it or over explain it. Just have fun.

fnfalman
01-25-2008, 12:41
Does she talk about other dudes while shes with you?

No. Otherwise it's truly a death knell. But otherwise I'm still holding onto that sliver of hope.:cool:

Remember that movie Dumb and Dumber when Jim Carrey asked that chick what are his chances of dating her and she said one in a million and he replied, "So...you're saying that I have a chance...?":rofl: That's me.:supergrin:

zombiedefense
01-25-2008, 15:48
Nice bike.

And be careful how nice you are. When someone is too nice it sends the message, "I don't deserve you."

JMF30
01-27-2008, 01:36
so I don't get it. Why are you not dating already? Is she way out of your league or something? :dunno:

fnfalman
01-27-2008, 10:15
so I don't get it. Why are you not dating already? Is she way out of your league or something? :dunno:

Nobody is out of my league, but it's hard to date when she said that she's not interested in romance. Hence, the long term, strategic campaign.

MrsKitty
01-28-2008, 16:06
Nobody is out of my league, but it's hard to date when she said that she's not interested in romance. Hence, the long term, strategic campaign.

I still think that she knows you are interested and right now she just isn't interested romantically in ANYBODY. Just give her time and things will change from "just friends" :)

fnfalman
01-28-2008, 18:26
I still think that she knows you are interested and right now she just isn't interested romantically in ANYBODY. Just give her time and things will change from "just friends" :)

Oh, I know. I'm just workin' it slowwwwlllly.:embarassed: It's like guerilla warfare, you gotta wear your target down a bit at a time.

TacticalTina
01-29-2008, 14:41
Okay, I'm stumped. What kind of move are we talking about here? I told her of my romantic notions and she said that she likes me a lot but only as friends. We do go out for snacks and chat, but I don't think that I can grab her for a kiss.

Well, I guess I was just mistaken...

From what I read, it sounds to me that she's very interested in you.

I wasn't aware that the "Friend Card" had already been played. I think MissKitty's right, though...things will most likely move into your corner.

fnfalman
01-29-2008, 18:15
Well, it's all for naught. She's moving away because of work. C'est l'amour.

Mushinto
01-29-2008, 21:02
It's too late to say so, but my advice is "Never be a girl's friend." If you do, you will always be a girl friend.

I do have some close female friends, but they come in two categories:

1. Girls I want to sleep with, but they are not interested.

2. Girls I have already slept with drifted away from physically but still hang out with.

Either way, I'm just a girlfriend with a p***s to them.

ML

fnfalman
01-30-2008, 11:05
It doesn't matter any more. She's moving to New York for work. Time to cut the losses and move on.

TacticalTina
01-30-2008, 11:07
It doesn't matter any more. She's moving to New York for work. Time to cut the losses and move on.

Huh. Weird. You JUST heard about this or was it coming up for a while? Maybe you'll meet again...kinda like this time but only in the future.

fnfalman
01-30-2008, 13:37
Huh. Weird. You JUST heard about this or was it coming up for a while? Maybe you'll meet again...kinda like this time but only in the future.

She just told me about it. I think that I know that she was finding a new job, but I didn't realize that it was Noo York Sitay.