Any dealers around Lexington ship for non-ffls? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any dealers around Lexington ship for non-ffls?

Blaker
01-18-2008, 18:13
Long story short I am frustrated as hell trying to ship firearms on my own.

Does any dealers do this, and if so what do they charge?

Bren
01-19-2008, 14:41
Long story short I am frustrated as hell trying to ship firearms on my own.

Does any dealers do this, and if so what do they charge?

What's the problem exactly? Maybe somebody can help.

If you are talking about receiving firearms, most of them will do it for a small fee, I think and you can't receive a firearm without a dealer anyhow. If you mean sending them, you don't really need an FFL to send, so I haven't heard of any that do it, but you have to have one on the receiving end or you go to prison.

Blaker
01-19-2008, 23:06
I am talking about shipping.

I know you have to go though a dealer to receive a gun.

It's just bs with UPS the last time I tried to ship a gun...it's getting ridiculous. I thought if a dealer charged maybe 10 bucks plus shipping that it would be worth it.

Rhandhali
01-20-2008, 07:10
I am talking about shipping.

I know you have to go though a dealer to receive a gun.

It's just bs with UPS the last time I tried to ship a gun...it's getting ridiculous. I thought if a dealer charged maybe 10 bucks plus shipping that it would be worth it.

That's what it cost me at the Box Stop to have them pack my shotgun up for me, and another 12 or so to ship it.

Blaker
01-20-2008, 09:48
That's what it cost me at the Box Stop to have them pack my shotgun up for me, and another 12 or so to ship it.

Box stop? What is that?

cwshootersupply
01-20-2008, 12:10
I charge the same fee for a transfer incoming or outgoing for the public. 15.00
But I use USPO flat rate boxes when possible . If not just priorty mail so the average with some insurence is about 35.00.
But Lexington dealer may charge more or less

Rhandhali
01-22-2008, 21:16
Box stop? What is that?

It's an independently owned shipping store. They sell boxes, packing materials and the like. I don't do much business with them but they're great when you have something heavy/bulky/weirdly shaped like a gun to ship out. They're in the Landsdowne shopping center, the same one with the DQ and Mi Pequena Hacienda, right next to the Post Office.

Reminds me, another win for UPS. This time they only mis-delivered and lost track of one gun (in addition to not collecting a signature).

Blaker
01-22-2008, 23:04
Thanks man, I'll check that place out for sure.

I am also going to check with Slingpoint and see if they ship too.