Inspection Season... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Season...

mmsig229
01-19-2008, 03:28
Is upon us. Mine is Feb 23RD in the EA degree. Do you guys think it's necessary to have a representative at every inspection in your district??? We have 28 lodges in our district and one of our PM's (who's retired) thinks it's necessary to attend each inspection in our district. All of my line officers have full time jobs, some have young children, and some work rotating shifts. I go to dayshift soon and will attend as many as possible. What do you guys think???

MarcoPolo
01-20-2008, 14:21
Quire ironic that you bring up the EA degree. I think there is something that addresses this in the EA tools lecture.

You definitely don't want to burn your officers out. We face this very dilemma in our own lodge. Many of the PM's (and the current WM) are retired. EVERY other officer is not, and most of us have children as well... it's a balancing act to be sure.

I don't know what the requirements are for your GL, but if it were me, and the brethren knew their parts well, i'd be more than happy with that.

ArodJohns
01-20-2008, 14:30
I forget where you're at MMSig, but over here in the 10th it's not required that we have a member go to all of the inspections however it looks nice and would only help you if you wanted to take a district office. (I mean this to say that if you went to the inspections and put yourself out there, that'd help.) IIRC, they also have the traveling award for the Lodges with the most people there outside of the "home lodge".

mmsig229
01-22-2008, 07:31
I forget where you're at MMSig, but over here in the 10th it's not required that we have a member go to all of the inspections however it looks nice and would only help you if you wanted to take a district office. (I mean this to say that if you went to the inspections and put yourself out there, that'd help.) IIRC, they also have the traveling award for the Lodges with the most people there outside of the "home lodge".

Yes, they also do a travelling gavel award at each inspection in our district. The lodge which has the most members attend ia awarded the gavel and then brings it to the next inspection.