Our wonderful brothers in the air... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Our wonderful brothers in the air...

deadday
01-19-2008, 18:01
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3/deadday/airfarce.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mitchshrader
01-19-2008, 18:11
i have seen military formations that looked like the hospital fire drill, including patients, in Germany in 1973.. that is not an exaggeration, people in bathrobes and pajamas and slippers... IN FORMATION.. i joke thee not even faintly.. and every single one of them active duty and technically ON duty and in fact getting PAID at the time.. and it daylight, and on a WEEKDAY..

may i suggest the new incoming RA Colonel we were welcoming was neither amused, nor in fact BELIEVING, he kept thinking there was some sort of giant JOKE involved, sort of a denial for sanitys sake syndrome.. he truely didn't believe his own eyes...

no, those airforce guys are all upright, nobody is sitting down, they seem sober enough.. the formation I am mentioning looked more like some sort of 'first day at band practice' in a mental institution than a military formation. SEVERAL (of a battalion) were in fact in perfect uniforms and properly shaved and spit polished, and most of those were quite comfy from various illegal hustles... gambling, dope, girls, or selling favors and general black marketing..

yes, a scumhole.. but a US ARMY scumhole, the ring around the bottom of the toilet bowl but our own..

don't diss the air farce, aight? diss a lack of pride whereever it isn't..

Bradley Brasso
01-19-2008, 19:46
Appears to be an ANG unit by the Minuteman to the right of the pix. ALL of the uniforms are currently legal and regulation. The picture was taken BEFORE everyone was ready. The Air Force is in transition from BDU's to ABU's currently. The desert flight suit is worn by deployed aircrew personnel/ or those who have re-deployed from the Gulf. Green flight suits are worn by aircrew. Baseball caps denote a particular unit or specialty in a unit. It is really hard to photograph a group like this- my Army Guard unit was visited by photographers last drill- what a pain in the ___. It took FOREVER to get everything right. So, please give this unit a break!:cool:

deadday
01-19-2008, 19:49
I know all about the uniforms, and I'm not here to give anyone a break. I posted the pic as a joke. During my last deployment I could often be seen wearing 3 different camoflauge patterns at the same time (BDU, DCU, ACU)....Sheesh people, lighten up a little...

drew

jetrecbn1
02-17-2008, 19:04
All in Fun. I appreciate those guys reminding me that the USAF has it better!

In a more serious note, when things were bad the show of force that those birds displayed was damn intimidating. It seemed like they flew low enough for me t throw them a kaboob.

Bren
02-17-2008, 19:59
I don't care about the different uniforms, that's just a fact of life in different units with specialized uniforms and during uniform transitions, both of which are in effect there.

However, somebody needs to walk up to the bird colonel with her hands in her pockets and slap her in the head and then talk to her about height/weight standards. (After typing this, I noticed the caption has exactly the same observation)

Javelin
02-17-2008, 20:01
Its a "come as you are" fight I guess. But wow that is one fat COL!

:)