88 celebrity trouble please help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 88 celebrity trouble please help

BManoftheyear
01-20-2008, 18:31
My mother in law has a 88 celebrity and it is now having problems.
Just recently she was driving and the car caught off on her and wouldn't start.I looked at it and it is not the head gasket,she has new alt,batt,and starter so I am kinda confused.I am thinking maybe the fuel pump,egr,or something to do with the coil pack.
I know it is a older car but she is having troubles financially and that's why she hasn't gotten a new car.Any help would be appreciated thanks in advanced

SKYWLKR
01-21-2008, 09:04
If it turns over then listen for the fuel pump.

That would be my bet especially if the tank is empty or close to it and the [ump got hot...

OR you just filled up and you have bad Luck so then you would get to drain it...

Bowtie
01-21-2008, 16:49
You looked at it and its not the head gasket? How did you check that? Just wondering.

BManoftheyear
01-21-2008, 17:47
I took the head off and checked it.The car doesn't smoke or burn oil either.
I am kinda stumped on here.I noticed her fan wasn't working so I wired it hot to the battery and to a toggle switch so it stays on the whole time I thought it may be due to overheating.
I am about to just tell her to give me the car and drive it myself to see when and how it cuts off and troubleshoot from there

SKYWLKR
01-22-2008, 15:15
You took the head off before you checked the fuel pump???

Hard wired the fan cause it would not come on... there is a thermostat that will kick it on when the car is running and is hot.

Dude Not to be mean but put down the Wrench...

You are meaning the Valve cover right?

Bowtie
01-22-2008, 19:47
Thats what I was thinking.

civicr6
02-10-2008, 16:42
if you took the head off... congratulations you now need a new head gasket on top of the fuel pump i that is whats wrong with it. and by the way if you took the valve cover off and the gasket is cork, you need a new gasket. if it is rubber you might be okay to re-use that one.

aaronrkelly
02-10-2008, 16:48
I think helping you might actually make it harder financially on your mother-in-law....my suggestion is go to a mechanic.

BManoftheyear
02-15-2008, 22:20
I meant the valve cover
The fuel pump was fine,replaced the thermostat,had a broken fuel injector fixed that also.Had to replace the heater core and blower motor.the car is fine now thanks guys