Best of the new systems? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best of the new systems?

AndABeer
01-21-2008, 08:28
Which of the new systems has the most family variety of games?
Which of the new systems has the best FPS experience and accessories/guns?

Nicky D
01-21-2008, 21:27
Which of the new systems has the best FPS experience and accessories/guns?

IMHO, I say the Wii has the most family fun and the most accessories. We can spend the night playing just the Wii sports games. My 4 year old daughter loves the bowling and boxing. She has the high schore on bowling. Her and I were playing last week and she had 5 strikes in one round! She finished with a score of 196! My best is something like 168.

My wife and I love to box with each other. It is a blast and we are actually getting a workout while doing it. I also think that overall the Wii has the most accessories out there. They have this kit that includes a tennis racket, bat golf club and I think a couple of other things plus there are a couple of different "guns" out or coming out for the Wii. All of these are just gloves that fit over the standard controller.

As far as FPS I will have to say my 360 over both my Wii & PS3. At least for now the 360 has the best selection of FPS games out there on the market.

jason10mm
01-22-2008, 09:09
I think the 360 edges out the Wii for family games, IF you consider the metric ton of arcade games out there, almost all of which are kid friendly. There are hundreds of co-op games, card games, board games, etc that are all $5-10 and all have free demos. MS has been REALLY bad at publicising the arcade.

Scottsdale Thug
01-25-2008, 23:28
For a system that the whole family can enjoy I vote for the Wii. Sure the XBLArcade has some good old-timey games that are family friendly, however I personally think that there is nothing better than the Wii to get everybody up and really "into" it.
Which of the new systems has the best FPS experience and accessories/guns?I believe the demographic for Microsoft's Xbox 360 is something like "Males 18-35"
Therefore you will have a whole lot of FPS, 3rdPS, Action/Adventure, Car/Racing type games.

You can find a lot of accessories for each system but most are crap.

For a gun type accessory I would recommend the Wii Zapper that comes bundled with "Link's Crossbow Training" for about $25

Other "Light Gun" type accessories don't quite cut it IMHO.

_Scottsdale