CCW Permit Renewal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW Permit Renewal

TheGreatGonzo
01-21-2008, 15:55
Has anyone done a renewal for your MS CCW permit? How long did it take and was it much of a pain in the butt?
Gonzo

para40
01-21-2008, 16:22
1. yes 2. 30 to40 min. 3. no. But Troop J has always been very helpful. :wavey:

OXCOPS
01-22-2008, 09:05
Gonzo,

When I renewed my MS permit, I went to Batesville. You do all the same crap that you do for the first one (prints, pic, etc.). However, you get the new card on the spot. I spent more time waiting for the MBI agent to come print me than going through the actual procedure.

TheGreatGonzo
01-22-2008, 15:33
Gonzo,

You do all the same crap that you do for the first one (prints, pic, etc.). However, you get the new card on the spot. I spent more time waiting for the MBI agent to come print me than going through the actual procedure.

Thanks. That is the info I really wanted. The MHP website does not explain the renewal process at all. I just wanted to know what to expect. I plan to pick up the paperwork in advance and have the forms, and the prints, ready to hand them when I walk in the door. I wonder why the bother printing you again if they are just going to issue you a new card on the spot anyway? I guess if something comes back they will just revoke it. :upeyes:
Thanks Ox,
Gonzo
PS - Miss Mississippi yet?

OXCOPS
01-22-2008, 18:16
Thanks. That is the info I really wanted. The MHP website does not explain the renewal process at all. I just wanted to know what to expect. I plan to pick up the paperwork in advance and have the forms, and the prints, ready to hand them when I walk in the door. I wonder why the bother printing you again if they are just going to issue you a new card on the spot anyway? I guess if something comes back they will just revoke it. :upeyes:
Thanks Ox,
Gonzo
PS - Miss Mississippi yet?

As active duty LEO, I tried to get them to let me have my prints done at my own department, so I could save some time when I got there, but they wouldn't hear anything of it. I also asked an MBI agent personally, but he told me that while he would gladly do it, the brass would have his ass, so he had to pass. So, you may not be able to do the prints ahead of time.

They make a statement on their website about prints. It says something like, "while your prints don't change, the FBI won't check anything over 6 months old". Not sure how true that is though.

As for missing MS, yes and no. I miss the food and hospitality, but the heat and humidity can kiss my ass! I was excited to actually have a WHITE Christmas this year!!