Where to camp/shoot in Seattle. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to camp/shoot in Seattle.

Seattle_Chris
01-24-2008, 02:50
Ok, whats the closest place to camp and shoot to Seattle? I've been up past Enumclaw to fire road 174 I believe it was, but that's rather far out and not that great for shooting.

Anyone know any other, maybe closer places that would be good for camping out a night or two and shooting some pistols and a rifle or two? Thinking along the lines of setting out some fruit or something to shoot at out to about 100 yards. I've heard Black Diamond has some good spots, but no details.

Any help would be appreciated.

PaulBk
01-24-2008, 13:38
Not sure where in Black Diamond you would legally shoot, except maybe here: http://www.blackdiamondgunclub.org/index.html

No camping though and membership is required.

-Paul

J. Parker
01-30-2008, 20:03
Leave the Seattle area and enter first "National forest" boundary and you're good to go.:supergrin:

I've been camping and shooting on "National Forest" property from southern California to the Canadian border for thirty years. Oh, by the way, it's legal. It reads something like this; No shooting in "established" campgrounds, no shooting across roads, and or no shooting at trees, etc. You get the idea. Just read the rules for that specific National Forest. Have fun!:supergrin:

Minuteman
01-31-2008, 04:15
Much of the easy to reach National Forests outside Seattle have been banned from shooting due to jerks who dump trash, leave their brass, shoot at signs and abandoned furniture/cars. Most of those spots near the city are really nasty.

You could drive around, or take the ferry and visit the very large Olympic National Forrest on the other side of the water.