Whos from St. Louis? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Whos from St. Louis?

jjtroutbum
01-24-2008, 16:42
Hello just found this sight the other night and this fourm today. I tried a search for St. Louis but nothing came up so I figured a New thread with the Lou in the title might help get a few more locals pointed this direction.

I am actually from Fenton but most people don't know where the heck that is so put St. Louis under location.

Who's out there? Where do you shoot? What do you shoot? Any body love a area shop so much that they stay away for fear of being armed and broke?...lol

JJ

epsylum
01-24-2008, 16:58
I was only born there. I am in Indianapolis right now.

Sorry if I was no help (you got a free bump out of it at least ;).

GlockRik
01-24-2008, 18:03
Shoot at Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club, there is a match (IDPA, USPSA, Steel) just about every weekend, Top Gun in Imperial is a good shop with an indoor range.

Best, Rik

allanteman
01-24-2008, 20:15
I live in the STL area and shoot at the Henges Range at I44 & Antire Road. I'm into C&R stuff and other military rifles, but for anything new, I go to Mike's Guns in St. Charles, Top Guns in Imperial, or MidAmerica Arms in Affton.

The Missouri board on AR15 .com is a pretty active. Check it out sometime.

Easterbrook
01-24-2008, 20:40
I recently moved to the St.Louis area. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get to a range. :crying:

For gun shops, I've heard good things about both Mike's Guns and Top Guns. I haven't had the chance to go to either though, but plan to pick up a new rifle soon (I can't buy handguns here as I'm not yet a MO resident).

krackerd62
01-25-2008, 07:07
why cant i reply on forum

krackerd62
01-25-2008, 07:10
im from st louis,overland area

Rockchucker
01-25-2008, 14:03
im from north county. i shoot everywhere. i shop at nassau sporting goods in st chuck

jjtroutbum
02-01-2008, 03:10
Good to know there are a few others around the area. As far as my self I have Been too most all mentioned and one not Denny Dennis. Have also been too or shot at most places mentioned.

Rik you should tell me a little bit more about the club you shoot at. Sounds interesting.

As for where I shoot well there is this little place my buddy owns. "Down by the river." lol

Most the range folks just don't seem to understand or enjoy the sound of 45cal double taps or emptying clips on pumpkins, or watermelons. Last time it was scraped computer monitors.

Postal
02-02-2008, 22:47
Most the range folks just don't seem to understand or enjoy the sound of 45cal double taps or emptying clips on pumpkins, or watermelons. Last time it was scraped computer monitors.

Pumkins are the best.Private property is the best place to shoot.you make your own rules.

4095fanatic
02-10-2008, 10:00
Tower Grove area of STL, just got a membership to BullsEye range. Kinda small... only ten lanes so usually there's a bit of a wait, and you're restricted to 1 hour on weekends, but other than that nice place and good people.

Reb 56
02-12-2008, 14:22
Hi I just moved to Fenton Mo. from Texas looking for a good outdoor pistol and rifle
in the area.
Thanks

Reb 56
02-12-2008, 14:26
Sorry I meant pistol and rifle range

jjtroutbum
02-12-2008, 14:33
Hi Robert I would go over to henges its close. Its at 44 and antire and operated by the conservation dept.

http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/henges/

Reb 56
02-12-2008, 21:06
Thanks for the info went to Henges last fall,nice range but alot of rules such as slow fire only. Not much fun with AR or similar rifles. Looking For something less formal. I shoot pistols at Top Gun in winter. Prefer out doors in summer.

Reb 56
02-13-2008, 17:55
Rik wonder if you could give me contact info on Arnold Rifle & Pistol range and location. thanks Reb 56

GlockRik
02-13-2008, 18:43
IDPA match this weekend if you shoot IDPA.

http://www.arnoldgunclub.org/

Best, Rik

Reb 56
02-13-2008, 19:16
Thanks Rik I think I will come down Sat. AM to see about joining.

Reb 56
02-13-2008, 22:35
Anybody know best place in St Louis area to purchase AR15 16" Carbine A2 wish to keep it simple use irons no optics

S&WM&PAR15T&G34
02-18-2008, 19:56
Lincoln County here.

zzzippper
02-19-2008, 07:32
I've lived in and around St. Louis all my life until the last six years or so. Right now I live in St. Peters and I'm looking for a range. Jefferson County is too far though I got my CCW training at Top Gun. I don't care for the state run ranges; I believe in safety but they take all the fun out of shooting. I used to shoot high-power rifle matches at Arnold but that was years ago. I re-joined the Boeing Rifle and Pistol Club and hope to get back into HP.

Reb 56
03-04-2008, 16:45
Hi just sitting around ,snowed in and bored wondering if they have gun shows reguarly here. In San Antonio there was one a month,also no snow.

Reb 56
03-29-2008, 16:42
I suppose there are no gun shows in St Louis. Not much action on this forum.

jjtroutbum
03-30-2008, 07:33
There is actually one going on in St. Chuck yesterday and today.

http://www.gclastl.org/gunshow.html

GeoGuy
04-02-2008, 10:00
There's a show at the Belle Clair Fairgrounds in Belleville, IL pretty often. It's a big show with a lot going on. I don't see any on the calendar right now, but keep checking back. http://www.bcfairgrounds.net/

Oh...I just saw... from looking at the link supplied by jjtroutbum, you can see all of the shows listed in Belleville.

Perfection
04-09-2008, 20:55
New guy here in St Charles, looking to pick up my first Glock, still undecided on 9mm or 40, but absolutely compact or subcompact. Maybe the single stack 45. Agree the state ranges are boring, going to look into gun clubs. Ive been in Mike's guns once, but they didnt seem too eager to serve, maybe I was too young looking, and I didnt see a great selection at Nassau, any other close places to check. Looking forward to the next show, missed the big one here a couple weeks ago.

jjtroutbum
04-17-2008, 02:49
Just found out that Mike owner of Mike's Guns has decided to cherry pick customers that he will sell guns to!! Criminals no, Law abiding citizens thats who. Apparently he has decided that he know better than others what guns they should be legally allowed to own.

Reb 56
04-17-2008, 09:25
New guy here in St Charles, looking to pick up my first Glock, still undecided on 9mm or 40, but absolutely compact or subcompact. Maybe the single stack 45. Agree the state ranges are boring, going to look into gun clubs. Ive been in Mike's guns once, but they didnt seem too eager to serve, maybe I was too young looking, and I didnt see a great selection at Nassau, any other close places to check. Looking forward to the next show, missed the big one here a couple weeks ago.

Check out G26 have one and love it. I know it's a long drive but Top Gun in Imperial has large selection. Rental guns to try out on their range.

superguns
04-18-2008, 01:09
Just found out that Mike owner of Mike's Guns has decided to cherry pick customers that he will sell guns to!! Criminals no, Law abiding citizens thats who. Apparently he has decided that he know better than others what guns they should be legally allowed to own.

if I recall last August right before the permit to purchase was going to be dead he refused to allowed customers to put guns on lay away for when aug28th hit. kept spreading some rumor it wasnt going to go into law and some court order.

allanteman
05-04-2008, 00:47
Can you blame him?? As f'd up as this state is? There were plenty of people trying to stop the PTA. Look what happened with the CCW the first time around.....60,000 mystery votes showed up against it in the final hours. Then when it finally did pass, the certain judges still tried to block it and St. Louis City refused to honor it.

I like Mike's Guns. Best prices in the STL and a good selection but too many friggin' window shoppers standing in front of the counters.....look at the guns, then get the hell out of the way.

Perfection
05-04-2008, 20:23
I need a Remington 870 express, I wonder if he has one. Preferably 26" barrel and syn stock. Bass pro and Cabellas has them for $300. I think they were going to give me 10% off if I signed up for a card too. anyone know if small gun store prices are that much better?

allanteman
05-07-2008, 18:43
No discounts on guns or ammo at BP or Cabela's no matter who you are or what kind of coupons/deals you have. You can accrue "rewards bucks" for your gun or ammo purchase, and in the future, use them toward a gun or ammo purchase...........but no percentage discounts. I don't think you can use the "spend $100 get $10 off coupons either."

Stood in line for more than an hour to get burned by this policy......even after I was told I'd get the discount.

ipfreely123
05-09-2008, 19:42
STL guy here born and raised. I have bought most of mine at Top Gunn. Everytime I was making a new purchase, I would call around to all the stores in STL. They always seem to have the lowest prices. I am not opposed to finding a good used deal once in a while though. I only have a few more on my list of what I want to buy. Once I get those, ,,,,,,,,, Oh hell I will probably just start another list.
Anyway, If anyone in STL has any of these and decided to get rid of them PM me.

Mossberg 500
Walther P-22
1911 unsure of brand yet
Stag Lefty AR
.32 probably a CZ

srothman
06-02-2008, 16:42
I am also from STL, I have lived here my entire life.

I cannot say enough great things about Top Gun in Imperial, MO. It is a newer range off 55. They have a huge selection of guns, both for sale, and for rent. Their staff is very educated about firearms and safety. Several of their employees also teach MO carry conceal. They also have some of the best prices around on guns. If they do not have it, they can usually get it in a couple of days. I buy almost all of my guns from them.

I would love to try and have a "get together" from everyone in St. Louis, at Top Gun, or another range in St. Louis.

Reb 56
06-02-2008, 19:38
I would like to get together at Top Gun am a member there. Being retired I could go most any time. Let me know if anybody wants to go and when. Good idea as I moved here from Texas last July don't know many shooters here yet.

ipfreely123
06-02-2008, 19:47
Less than two weeks and I close on my house a few miles down the road from Topp Gun. I am moving to Herculaneum. I will most likely get my membership to Top Gun at that point. Always good to hear from more STL shooters. I would be interested in meeting up sometime.

GlockRik
06-02-2008, 20:19
You guys should check out Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club. I was a member of Top Gun for a year and really liked it, but if you shoot any kind of competition, ARPC is great. 2 steel matches, 1 USPSA and 1 IDPA match every month.

I just retired at the end of April and moved to North Alabama.

Rik

Rockchucker
06-02-2008, 20:38
i'm a big nassau whore. i love the place and the lady who own's it is very nice.

i'd flush mike's if i could.

graf's is good also.

trail creek is great, but they cater to the antique and classic crowd ( read very nice and expensive guns ).

being a north county boy i don't get down south much.

srothman
06-02-2008, 22:37
What works better for everyone? Days, nights or weekends? I will talk to the guys at Top Gun and see if we can use the class room to meet. Top gun is open seven days a week, their late nights are Mon. and Wed. til 9 pm, the rest of the days they close about 7 pm.

For those of you who have not been to Top Gun, they allow all handgun calibers except the S&W 460. The only rifles they allow are handgun calibers. It is a 25 yard indoor range with a new state of the art filtration system.

It would be great to meet others that share the hobby.

If everyone can try and respond here or send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. I will keep everyone updated and post when I figure out a day and time.

Reb 56
06-03-2008, 09:32
Count me in week days or evenings are best for me.

ipfreely123
06-03-2008, 09:56
My schedule is insane with traveling for work and my custody agreement for my little girl. If you guys get enough people to justify a get together, I will do everything I can to make it.

jjtroutbum
06-04-2008, 05:14
I have been more interested in getting out to shoot my AR15. But will follow along to see what happens.

JayAK
06-16-2008, 21:04
If you go to the gun shows at Belleville you should hit the BSR....
http://www.bsrgunshop.com/index.html not a bad indoor range.... just a short drive across the river into IL....
bullseye is ok too....

Reb 56
06-20-2008, 15:31
What works better for everyone? Days, nights or weekends? I will talk to the guys at Top Gun and see if we can use the class room to meet. Top gun is open seven days a week, their late nights are Mon. and Wed. til 9 pm, the rest of the days they close about 7 pm.

For those of you who have not been to Top Gun, they allow all handgun calibers except the S&W 460. The only rifles they allow are handgun calibers. It is a 25 yard indoor range with a new state of the art filtration system.

It would be great to meet others that share the hobby.

If everyone can try and respond here or send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. I will keep everyone updated and post when I figure out a day and time.

Any responces yet on the get together at Top Gun ? I can go most any time.

Reb 56
06-20-2008, 15:39
I have been more interested in getting out to shoot my AR15. But will follow along to see what happens.

Just got an AR15 also only got to shoot it once functions great right now only have irons thinking about scope. How is your's set up?

jjtroutbum
06-20-2008, 18:18
Its a SP1 Colt. A1 sights, triangle guards, no F/A, classic retro with exception of the rare Coltguard factory finish.

http://i25.tinypic.com/w2dg1g.jpg

Have been thinking about a old school Colt 3x20 scope

Reb 56
06-20-2008, 21:52
Great looking rifle love the retro look, seems to be getting popular lately. How does it shoot?

jjtroutbum
06-20-2008, 22:28
It shoots better than I do. Eats like a pig. Costs a lot more to feed than my dogs. Just wish I could feed it twice a day as well. :)

Reb 56
06-21-2008, 19:12
It shoots better than I do. Eats like a pig. Costs a lot more to feed than my dogs. Just wish I could feed it twice a day as well. :)

I agree spent almost as much on Ammo as the rifle cost. I am in the process of mounting scope on mine a3-12 x40 . My eyes don't focus with the irons either the sights are clear or the target is fuzzy or vice versa.

srothman
07-05-2008, 15:15
I just spoke with Top Gun, and have set a date of Monday Jult 14, at 6:30 or 7:00 pm/ They have reserved the class room for us, and I will bring "snacks" from one of my business's.

If you are going to attend please send me an email at srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. this way I can keep track of how many people are going and how many lanes we will need.

The store is open until 9 pm, so we will have to be done by then. I look forward to meeting new people who share the same interest and hobby.

jjtroutbum
08-05-2008, 08:43
Go vote today

Easterbrook
08-23-2008, 10:55
I'm in STL for my last year of school.

I recently acquired a 10/22 and a new scope which I'd like to get sighted.

Is the range at Busch Memorial Conservation Area (http://www.mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/busch/) recommended? I see it's only $3 for an hour. Any other good outdoor ranges?

srothman
08-23-2008, 11:37
Bush is OK, so is J. Henges (spelling?) off Hwy 44. The problem with the conservation ranges is no rapid shoots. You have to count to three (very slowly) before you can take a follow-up shot. They do have a range officer at all times, but call a lot of cease fires. It is not bad, if it is your only choice.

What type of distance you looking for? There is a great 25 yard, indoor, handgun caliber, shooting range in Imperial, MO. It is called Top Gun, and myself and several other people have had great experiences there. They have a huge selection, and their staff are shooters, and very helpful.

For outdoor shooting I would recommend Arnold Rifle and Pistol, but it is memebership only.

Fox_Mustang_Guy
08-23-2008, 11:48
just moved from north county (moline acree) to huntington WV, quite a change haha

Easterbrook
08-23-2008, 11:58
Bush is OK, so is J. Henges (spelling?) off Hwy 44. The problem with the conservation ranges is no rapid shoots. You have to count to three (very slowly) before you can take a follow-up shot. They do have a range officer at all times, but call a lot of cease fires. It is not bad, if it is your only choice.

What type of distance you looking for? There is a great 25 yard, indoor, handgun caliber, shooting range in Imperial, MO. It is called Top Gun, and myself and several other people have had great experiences there. They have a huge selection, and their staff are shooters, and very helpful.

For outdoor shooting I would recommend Arnold Rifle and Pistol, but it is memebership only.

I've heard great things about Top Gun and plan to visit for pistol shooting. However, for my 10/22, I was thinking more in the range of 50 - 100 yards. Waiting 3 seconds between shots isn't a huge deal as I'm just trying to get the scope sighted in.

I'll also look into the membership requirements for Arnold Rifle and Pistol.

MrRob
08-23-2008, 12:38
Illinois side in edwardsville here. I shoot at winchester in east alton.

Easterbrook
09-10-2008, 16:44

I ended up going to Jay Henges Shooting Range and had a good time. The three second rule between shots didn't hamper me much because, as mentioned before, I was simply getting my scope zeroed in.

Though, after seeing a hole crap load of bullet holes in the ceiling, I can't blame them for having the three second rule. How you accidentally shoot the ceiling I'll never know. :dunno:

The price was right at Henges, too-- three bucks for an hour was listed, but I easily shot for two hours and the guy still only charged me three bucks (despite me trying to correct him). I'll be back.

I also stopped in at Top Gun in Imperial, MO, to buy some accessories. Looked like a pretty great place. At least one of the sales folk was friendly and the handgun inventory was the best I've ever seen. Too bad I still have a NY drivers license and thus can't buy handguns here. :sad:

I did check into Arnold Rifle and Pistol but becoming a member didn't make sense financially considering I'll only be here for another 9 month.

srothman
09-13-2008, 16:11
I ended up going to Jay Henges Shooting Range and had a good time. The three second rule between shots didn't hamper me much because, as mentioned before, I was simply getting my scope zeroed in.

Though, after seeing a hole crap load of bullet holes in the ceiling, I can't blame them for having the three second rule. How you accidentally shoot the ceiling I'll never know. :dunno:

The price was right at Henges, too-- three bucks for an hour was listed, but I easily shot for two hours and the guy still only charged me three bucks (despite me trying to correct him). I'll be back.

I also stopped in at Top Gun in Imperial, MO, to buy some accessories. Looked like a pretty great place. At least one of the sales folk was friendly and the handgun inventory was the best I've ever seen. Too bad I still have a NY drivers license and thus can't buy handguns here. :sad:

I did check into Arnold Rifle and Pistol but becoming a member didn't make sense financially considering I'll only be here for another 9 month.

If you ever want to meet at Top Gun, let me know. I have a yearly membership, and have bought quite a few guns from them. I usually get one hour free with every gun I buy. I have quite a few, or my guest shoots at a very reduced rate.

For handguns, it is the best place in St. Louis to shoot. There prices are also some of the best in town.

Send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net, and maybe we can meet up at Top Gun. I am going to try an arrange another shoot out there in a few weeks. I will let you know.

sonofsarge
09-21-2008, 12:25
Some of us already know each other from different forums like www.MissouriCarry.com

Easterbrook
09-22-2008, 14:58
If you ever want to meet at Top Gun, let me know. I have a yearly membership, and have bought quite a few guns from them. I usually get one hour free with every gun I buy. I have quite a few, or my guest shoots at a very reduced rate.

For handguns, it is the best place in St. Louis to shoot. There prices are also some of the best in town.

Send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net, and maybe we can meet up at Top Gun. I am going to try an arrange another shoot out there in a few weeks. I will let you know.

Thanks for the offer to go shooting with you. I'll check my schedule and see when I have some free time.

mhill
10-06-2008, 13:52
I'm from around these parts. I'd love to meet up with some Glockers and shoot some. I just checked this forum for the first time today. I usually hang out in the GNG area.

I like to shoot the AR15, 10/22, and glocks. Pretty typical I guess. I'm shopping for a new AR15 too.

MoCop
10-23-2008, 15:45
MoCop here.
Lived in the St. Louis area all of my life. Living out in St. Charles nowadays. Nassau is a great place to spend your money. Mike's is also a good place. I have never had a problem with the man and he always shot it straight with me. Oh, and every once in a while I try to head over to Top Gun (thats a nice facility and good people too) or go out to the Logan's range in Lincoln County off of RA.

Talk to you all later.

10_mm_gobang
10-28-2008, 16:07
Lincoln county in the house new to the site. I like all kinds got a some ak's an ar, handguns. Hello All

srothman
11-02-2008, 12:54
A few of us were planning on meeting out at Top Gun tomorrow night, Monday 11/3 @ 7 pm, and do some shooting.

If you are interested send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net.

Sorry for the late notice, work has been crazy.

10_mm_gobang
11-04-2008, 17:34
Anybody from Columbia.. I am working here for a while and looking for a range to shoot at. any suggestions? Mainly wanting to sight in my AR and try out the new underfolder AK. I'm from lincoln county usually go to bullseye when I work in the city or Logan on the weekends.

srothman
11-04-2008, 17:43
There use to be a nice indoor range out off Range Line, called Target Master (I think).

It was a nice range, good selection of guns, and they use to rent quite a few guns too.

I am not sure about the name? I use to be a student at MU, and we would go their about once a month.

They use to put a coupon out in the Ad Book (??? yellow book handed out everywhere), for money of the range.

I have no idea if they are still in business. If you want to go for a drive, there is Pistols Plus, at Lake of the Ozarks. Their prices are a little high, but nice range, and the owner has an incredible collection on display of about 400 different guns.

10_mm_gobang
11-05-2008, 18:38
Thanks, I drove by there the other day. I will check it out next week for sure.

Mattog22
11-14-2008, 14:12
From St. Charles Co here, Lake Saint Louis, I deer hunt in lincoln county. Hope to get one tomorrow.

jjtroutbum
01-08-2009, 04:32
Any locals need a new holster recently found out about a new local IWB leather/klydex hybrid maker. That has great prices.

http://www.kholster.com/

STLN08
01-09-2009, 20:54
Another Lake St. Louis here and new to the forum..

jjtroutbum
01-09-2009, 21:12
Welcome STLN08 !!!

STLN08
01-10-2009, 10:15
Welcome STLN08 !!!

Thanks

Mattog22
01-10-2009, 17:05
Another Lake St. Louis here and new to the forum..

Where at in Lake Saint Louis? I'm closer to hwy 40 and hwy N intersection

kmik
01-10-2009, 18:45
Hello all. New to the glock forum and saw this thread for St. Louis. I am StL born and bred. I just wanted to get a quick post out. Thanks...

STLN08
01-13-2009, 17:51
Where at in Lake Saint Louis? I'm closer to hwy 40 and hwy N intersection

Hwy 40 and the new Prospect overpass that is not there !!!!!!!

Mattog22
01-13-2009, 18:21
Hwy 40 and the new Prospect overpass that is not there !!!!!!!

Where do you shoot?

Blueblood
01-13-2009, 18:23
:wavey:

Lincoln Co E. of Troy

I go to Logan to shoot.

If you see someone lobbing BIG lead down range with an ar-15 platform stop and say hi.

STLN08
01-14-2009, 17:18
Where do you shoot?

I have been in law enforcement and usually train at a mobile range or the Beaumont/Antire range near fenton.

Mattog22
01-14-2009, 22:37
You guys ever shoot any matches at Benchrest or Arnold? If not you should give it a try, nice guys and lots of fun.

fm1703
02-08-2009, 09:45
Hi, Bought my first Glock yesterday (21SF - 45 acp). Anxious to get out and try it. I've had a 1911 for years, but thought I'd get a high-capacity before the new administration eliminates that opportunity. I live in Sunset Hills, so I'll be looking for a place to try her out.

Ed

Reb 56
02-08-2009, 10:27
Hi, Bought my first Glock yesterday (21SF - 45 acp). Anxious to get out and try it. I've had a 1911 for years, but thought I'd get a high-capacity before the new administration eliminates that opportunity. I live in Sunset Hills, so I'll be looking for a place to try her out.

Ed

I shoot at Top Gun indoor Range in Imperial nice place. Phone # 636-464-4867. They also sell and rent good variety of Guns. Nice people there.

HK-N-THE-HOUSE
02-16-2009, 08:41
John from south St. Louis county here.

MidWestShooter
02-26-2009, 11:00
New Guy here :wavey:

I guess this is where I should say hello. I live in St. Charles County and plan on purchasing a Glock VERY soon. I have been lurking on the site for at least a month, and plan on being here for a while. Anyways.... just saying Hello.

ipfreely123
02-26-2009, 12:50
New Guy here :wavey:

I guess this is where I should say hello. I live in St. Charles County and plan on purchasing a Glock VERY soon. I have been lurking on the site for at least a month, and plan on being here for a while. Anyways.... just saying Hello.

Welcome. This is great site. Have fun. It is good to see more STL people on here. I am down in jeff co.

jjtroutbum
02-26-2009, 12:52
Welcome John-Everett and Mid WestShooter

Nidob
03-04-2009, 13:38
<---New to the forums, and not yet an owner however I am hopefull to be soon.

Seems there is a slight shortage in STL for a G17 or G19. I am going to have to ask my Officer friends if they can put their feelers out for one.

I checked in with a couple places today, no luck.

Hope you all are having a good Wed,

jjtroutbum
03-04-2009, 16:55
Nidob check with On-target in valley park as well as Topgun in imperial and DennyDennis in Fenton? That would be my stops in that order.

Good luck and welcome to Glocktalk

Nidob
03-04-2009, 17:16
Thanks for the welcome JJ,

I spoke to someone at Topgun this morning. (backordered) I will try the other two you recomended when I get back into the office tomorrow. Thanks for the information!

The friend that is going to be getting me started has a range he goes to as well...not sure what one it is though. (I'll find out for sure)

Nidob
03-06-2009, 12:32
Thanks again JJtroutbum for the advice.

Denny Dennis had a G19 with adjustable sights in stock. (called about 10:15am after speaking to On-Target and TopGun the other morning.)

I am now the owner of a new G19 ;) as of 11:00am.

jjtroutbum
03-06-2009, 14:13
Glad I could help. Now for the hard part. Trying to find a affordable and available source for 9mm ball for practice. It's been getting a little easier lately in our region, but still is like an Easter egg hunt without the fake grass in your basket. Ya gotta look everywhere.

Nidob
03-06-2009, 15:15
Good to know. I did not even ask what they had in stock/if they had any 9mm. I was on an early lunch break and had to drive down there from up north and get back for some conf calls.

Been tossing around the idea of looking for the 22 calibre conversion kit JIC since this will be (for now at least) my only firearm. I don't wish to mess with that untill I have a full understanding of the firearm though.

Side note: they had another G19 with fixed sights for $550 in stock. (3/6/09)

Reb 56
03-07-2009, 00:21
Just bought a G19 from Top Gun ordered one had to wait a week till they got one in.
Mine was 509.00 with stock sights.
Right now I'm looking for .380 acp fmj for my LCP everyone is sold out looked in Gun Shops and online all back ordered.

Nidob
03-08-2009, 10:35
The one I picked up with adj sights was $550 so eh, fair deal.

WM in chesterfield commons just got in a shipment of 9mm Winchester this morning if you need some.

Got myself 300 rnds.

Send a PM in if you need some and can't get out to Chesterfield. I a have to go back out anyhow to make a return in the Commons.

MidWestShooter
03-18-2009, 09:04
Hi guys. Anyone going to the gun show in St. Charles on the 28th? It will be my first gun show and I was wondering if any of you had any advice for a first timer. Things to look out for, avoid, good deals?

-Thanks

Ashton
03-18-2009, 09:23
I live in the STL area and shoot at the Henges Range at I44 & Antire Road. I'm into C&R stuff and other military rifles, but for anything new, I go to Mike's Guns in St. Charles, Top Guns in Imperial, or MidAmerica Arms in Affton.

The Missouri board on AR15 .com is a pretty active. Check it out sometime.
Henges rocks and is not far from where I work - great, inexpensive outdoor facility - 50 cal is prohibited - it sets off the trap/skeet electronics. http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/henges/ - another Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) range is not much farther down the road http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/busch/ similar setup - good, cheap, well-run fun!. Top Gun in Imperial (short trip down 55) is clean and well run. Bull's Eye in the city is, erm in the city, but staffed well - I live in the city so it's very convenient. The Bellville (IL) Gun Club is OK - strike one - it's in IL. But they shoot IDPA style matches "Fight Night" weeekly IIRC. Benchrest Gun Club is a bit of a haul out 70 past Wentzville but take a look at their impressive schedule of events! http://www.shootingstl.com/schedule.htm

Wally Worlds are plentiful and ball supply has been OK (not as bad as some areas). There's a Cabela's near St. Charles if you like the big box thing and a Bass Pro a bit farther out.

FYI - Mid America (OK stock and prices BUT good staff) just moved to a bigger shop at Gravois and Heege - a little closer to town.

Welcome to the 'Lou - beware the provel pizza - UGH!:rofl:

Reb 56
03-18-2009, 19:57
Hi guys. Anyone going to the gun show in St. Charles on the 28th? It will be my first gun show and I was wondering if any of you had any advice for a first timer. Things to look out for, avoid, good deals?

-Thanks

Usually Gun shows these days have a lot of overpriced Guns And Ammo stay away from the no name reloads in plastic bags. Once in a while you may run into a good deal.

MoCop
03-19-2009, 11:09

-Thanks

Well, for me gun shows are great places to find out what fits me and what doesn't. I personally wouldn't buy from a gunshow, its usually more expensive. Don't buy any ammo there. Could be some bad reloads. That's pretty much it. Have fun at the show.

Wright County Boy
03-20-2009, 23:15
I'm in Elk River :innocent:

Mattog22
03-22-2009, 19:51
+1 on the gun shows, I will go but usually there aren't any real good deals. There is a guy who sells powder that is a good deal. CMMG will probably be there and you can pick up a decent AR-15 for about as cheap as you will see them. I have one and my father has one and both have been flawless. Other than that you usually don't see any great deals but you do get to check some things out that you may buy somewhere else. I remember when the gunshows were the place to get good deals like picking up Chinese SKS's for $65 a piece. Don't see that anymore.

mister happy
03-27-2009, 23:20
I'll be there with cash on Sunday - to see what the vendors don't want to take back home. Like a lefty fobus paddle holster for my G19.

stilinsm
03-28-2009, 21:07
newbie from Oakville (south county).

Went to the show today...Parking was terrible, way over crowded, and prices too high.

Left and went down the street to Nassau and parked right in front, walked right up to the counter and picked up a new Judge ss ultra for $499. Significantly cheaper than any price at the show.

The goof-balls attending that Japanese anime show were amusing though.

Mattog22
04-05-2009, 18:51
The anime show was crazy. The few I saw was a girl dressed like a cat with ears and a tail, another girl was about 240 lbs wearing baby clothes with a pacifier, another guy was dressed as a superhero with tin foil and red tights. I really thought it was weird with that going on and all these people buying and selling real guns in the next room.

jjtroutbum
04-06-2009, 03:13
I haven't been to a gun show in many years and rarely go to any type of show.(Car, boat, motorcycle, or hunting and fishing) anymore. They all seem to be lame over priced with no deals to be had and if it wasn't for new and proto types. I would not be tempted to go to any type show again.

That said I went too my first pipe (tobacco smoking) show this year. And It was awesome filled with great people, prices, vendors and I really enjoyed it.

ipfreely123
04-20-2009, 12:17
Hey guys here is a heads up for all the STL people. Check out this site. I stumbled across it last week.

Aparently the guy who created the site got tired of his gun postings on CL getting flagged. It is VERY new and the site needs some work but it looks like it could be a good resource for buying and selling guns.

http://stlguntrader.webs.com/

ronniestl
04-24-2009, 09:40
I'm a newbie as well living out in Wentzville. Going to Nassau Sporting Goods today or tomorrow to pick up my first Glock 23. Actually, this will be my first handgun. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. I'm also taking the CCW class this weekend.

Love the site. Lots of good info.

ipfreely123
04-25-2009, 07:58
I'm a newbie as well living out in Wentzville. Going to Nassau Sporting Goods today or tomorrow to pick up my first Glock 23. Actually, this will be my first handgun. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. I'm also taking the CCW class this weekend.

Love the site. Lots of good info.

So did you get your 23? Have you gotten to shoot it yet?

ronniestl
04-27-2009, 07:23
So did you get your 23? Have you gotten to shoot it yet?

Yeah, I picked it up Friday from Nassau and went out Saturday afternoon and shot it. Only had 50 rounds of target ammo though. When I bought it on Friday, Nassau didn't have any target ammo so I didn't get to shoot it as much as I would've liked. Great gun though. I love it.

jjtroutbum
05-06-2009, 11:37
Anyone ever see BreakFree LP around St. Louis? I can get CLP, Powder blast, and bore cleaner but cant seem to find LP anywhere.

XDM_OWNER
05-12-2009, 18:35
Just joined seems like a nice place. St. Peters area here.............

MoCop
05-13-2009, 09:16
Welcome aboard, XDM Owner!!
It's good to see people in the St. Charles Co. area on this board. I'm a St. Charles City resident. You'll enjoy your stay.:cool:

XDM_OWNER
05-13-2009, 09:17
Thanks

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/jeepinandcamping/Martial-Arts-vs-Modern-style.gif

ipfreely123
05-13-2009, 09:20
Welcome.

Mattog22
05-14-2009, 10:49
St. Charles Co. here too, welcome

Nidob
05-14-2009, 10:58
Welcome to the party ;)

XDM_OWNER
05-14-2009, 16:29
Was up at Logan yesterday shooting on my lunch break. And was talking to the Ranger. I was telling him how nice the place looked no trash, nothing sitting at have range with a billion holes in it. It turns out they clean the place up on Tuesday's at least I m pretty sure that's what he said. He told me you wouldn't beleave what they have taken of this range, car hoods, doors, clothes dummies, wooden crates, stuffed animals, all kinds of stuff. I guess it keeps the job interesting, he didnt seem to mind..........

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/jeepinandcamping/84139894jpgbushinneworleans.jpg

Ahh the Bush's Im not sure which is worse

mister happy
05-28-2009, 03:20
How's ammo availability? Who in STL region has the best stock?

jjtroutbum
05-28-2009, 07:49
How's ammo availability? Who in STL region has the best stock?

Its still a crap shoot but seems to be getting better most places and caliber unless you any .380 or .45auto fairly priced that is.

Where are you located? I may have a couple of tips.

jjtroutbum
05-28-2009, 07:50
Anyone have a sight pusher around south county. Thinking I am going to order some new sights and would rather not beat on night sights.

MidwestKimber
05-28-2009, 23:27
I don't think there is alot of Missouri people on Glocktalk posting because most of them post over at www.missouricarry.com (http://www.missouricarry.com)

Missouricarry.com does a good job and is a political force in this state.

jjtroutbum
05-28-2009, 23:31
Yep its a good sight I'm there often

MidwestKimber
05-28-2009, 23:31
Anyone ever see BreakFree LP around St. Louis? I can get CLP, Powder blast, and bore cleaner but cant seem to find LP anywhere.

Did you call other places? Try TopGuns in Imperial, Dunns in Pevely, Denny Dennis in Fenton or MidAmerica Arms on Gravois rd in Afton.

Not a lot of gun shops in North County or in the City. I consider those places ghetto, and anti gun. Obama won most of the votes in North County.

Cabelas is located in Hazelwood. However Hazelwood police are very anti gun and their chief when ccw first came out instructed his officers to confinscate any firearm for balistic evidence. I refuse to spend any money in Hazelwood.

jjtroutbum
05-28-2009, 23:37
Did you call other places? Try TopGuns in Imperial, Dunns in Pevely, Denny Dennis in Fenton or MidAmerica Arms on Gravois rd in Afton.

Been to all at one time or another believe I have checked but If you get by and see som let me know

Not a lot of gun shops in North County or in the City. I consider those places ghetto, and anti gun. Obama won most of the votes in North County.

Pretty broad generalization. I would not know tho.

Cabelas is located in Hazelwood. However Hazelwood police are very anti gun and their chief when ccw first came out instructed his officers to confinscate any firearm for balistic evidence. I refuse to spend any money in Hazelwood.

Ya I knew that and believe he has gotten sued since. I am from JC and my sheriff joined the truth squad. Freaking POS I will donate time and money against him

See response above

MidwestKimber
05-29-2009, 00:44
See response above

If you're looking for a sight pusher I havent see any for sale. However Topgun might have one. if I recall they are a Glock Armor.

You can also call MidAmerica and see. A few years ago I bought a G34 and wanted to change the sights. I took it ti MidAmerica and one of the owners installed my new sights for free. I didnt even buy the gun or sights for him.

Just suggesting that so if you dont want to spend the money for a sight tool you could try a couple gun shops, see if they will do it.

Do you know who Otto is in Afton? He's a gunsmith, probably the best in the Midwest, maybe one of the better ones in the nation.

Im not sure of his prices though, but he does great work.

AK47Man
05-31-2009, 18:34
North STL County here. Grew up in South STL City. Former Ford Hazelwood worker. I buy, trade, and sell all of my gun business with Mike's Guns in Saint Charles. Cabela's did have tons of pistol ammo. Now its all gone and when its in stock there is a 2 box limit. But I did buy quite a few boxes of MagTech 9mm, 40 and 45ACP there before the big ammo rush. Cant find ANY SKS/AK ammo anywhere except online. I did buy my Glock 21SF at Cabela's on sale about year ago. Couldnt pass up the price.

Mike's Guns also sells Meprolight night sights for Glocks for around $80.00 tax included and he installs them for free. Does a damn good job too!

Mattog22
06-15-2009, 09:05
Did anyone go to the Machinist Hall gunshow this weekend? I couldn't make it and was wondering what the ammo supplies looked like there. How much for 9mm, .40, and .45

Nidob
06-15-2009, 18:46
It was right near my work, but I choose to go to the range instead of the show. I belive a couple guys in the warehouse went, I will ask them what was there.

mister happy
06-24-2009, 22:39
Hi - I just bought my first AR-15 and a good sling, and, as a lefty, need to move the sling swivel from the left side to the right side.

It requires tapping out two roll pins. The Brownell site has a video (!) of roll pin tools (three of 'em) that I don't have.

I figured it'd be cheaper to take it to a gunsmith to have it done (and to check out the weapon before use).

I live in the Ballwin area, and work up near the airport.

srothman
06-26-2009, 20:57
Hi - I just bought my first AR-15 and a good sling, and, as a lefty, need to move the sling swivel from the left side to the right side.

It requires tapping out two roll pins. The Brownell site has a video (!) of roll pin tools (three of 'em) that I don't have.

I figured it'd be cheaper to take it to a gunsmith to have it done (and to check out the weapon before use).

I live in the Ballwin area, and work up near the airport.

Only two in the area I would trust,
One is Paul @ Redbrick, and the other is Otto @ OttoComp.

Let me know if you need contact information for them? The best way is to send me an email (it is in my profile).

MoCop
06-27-2009, 04:08
I second the reccomendation for Otto Comp. He does great work and is good people. Plus, he lives in the Afton area, I believe. I used to work out in the Ballwin area. Nice little community.:thumbsup:

Hi Ball
07-14-2009, 12:05
I guess I am the new kid on the block! We live out 65 miles from St. Louis near a little town called Gerald M0. I will be Going picking up my 5th GLOCK in a couple days. It is a Glock 22 in the .40S&W caliber. :cool:

The wife has recently received her CCW permit and we both enjoy shooting our pistols . She also shoots a Glock 17 for practice and a Glock 26 for her carry gun, using Cor-Bon ammo at 1350fps. :supergrin:

mister happy
10-15-2009, 13:30
Thanks - I've taken my Glock 19, my AR-15, and my S&W 340PD to Otto and he's made each one better. If I have a 1911 made, it'll be made by Otto.

DeltaBravo
12-25-2009, 16:48
I'm from O'Fallon/St. Peters/St. Charles area. I shoot at Bullseye LLC indoor range and gun shop. It's down on Manchester right behind the Science Center. Easy to get to now that I64/40 is open now.

jjtroutbum
12-25-2009, 16:57
I'm from O'Fallon/St. Peters/St. Charles area. I shoot at Bullseye LLC indoor range and gun shop. It's down on Manchester right behind the Science Center. Easy to get to now that I64/40 is open now.

Welcome to Glock Talk and Merry Christmas

DeltaBravo
12-25-2009, 16:58
Welcome to Glock Talk and Merry Christmas

Much thanks. To you all as well.

AK47Man
12-25-2009, 18:13
I grew up in South St Louis city. Graduated from Cleveland High 1977. Live in North County now. I work in the O'fallon-Weldon Spring area. I shoot at Jay Henges and at Bullseye. Do most of my gun shopping at either Mike's Guns in Saint Charles or Cabela's in Hazelwood.

DeltaBravo
12-25-2009, 23:18
I grew up in South St Louis city. Graduated from Cleveland High 1977. Live in North County now. I work in the O'fallon-Weldon Spring area. I shoot at Jay Henges and at Bullseye. Do most of my gun shopping at either Mike's Guns in Saint Charles or Cabela's in Hazelwood.

Bought my HK from that Cabelas and my G23 at Nassau sporting goods over off the south outer road between cave springs and zuhmbel. Mikes is great too.

REA9mm
01-08-2010, 11:15
Well, I figure this is a good spot for my first post. I am living in South City currently, by Carondelet Park. Just purchased my first gun ever a couple of weeks ago. I went with a Glock 19 based on the reputation of Glock and the availability of the 9mm round. I have been doing my shooting at Top Gun in Imperial, MO and so far am really enjoying it. I would like to get my CCL but I need to give my wife some more time to warm up to the idea of me carrying. She has been to the range with me, but she is still a bit fearful of firearms.

Looks like you guys have a great community here, I am happy to be a part of it.

:wavey:

jjtroutbum
01-08-2010, 11:59
REA9mm

Sounds like your making good choices in weapons and ranges. Top Gun in my experience is a class act. Don't be too pushy but trying to keep her shooting in a safe and relaxed but fun atmosphere is paramount to converting her completely from the dark (fearful)side.

IMHO, Carrying is a personal choice make it for yourself.

Welcome to glock talk

mister happy
03-04-2010, 12:43
...Just purchased my first gun ever a couple of weeks ago. I went with a Glock 19 based on the reputation of Glock and the availability of the 9mm round. ...

Please consider IDPA - the International Defensive Pistol Association. I use my G19 for it. It's the next step after punching holes in paper - shooting defensive scenarios for time and accuracy while moving and reloading - real world defensive shooting.

Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club hosts IDPA and newbies are always welcome (I'm one, having shot only a couple of times). Go to www.arpc-idpa.com (http://www.arpc-idpa.com) to check it out. We're having a fun shoot this Saturday 3/6/10, starting around noon. This is a great time to start.

heehaw
05-09-2010, 19:31
Hi guys, I'm close to the st.louis area. anyone interested in having a GT day at the range?

blackbmw
05-18-2010, 22:25
If you want a GT day, were gonna have to do it at reif snyder or logan, both about 30 miles away, BUT bring what ya own and what you wanna blow up, we just have to clean up afterwards, otherwise, im game.

mister happy
05-24-2010, 14:42
I'll support a St. Louis GlockTalk day at one of the unmanned state ranges mentioned. Is it true you need an SUV to get to Reifsnider, because you have to ford a stream?? If so, I'll need a lift from a commuter lot!

Confluence
12-01-2010, 22:42
Hello,

Longtime lurker, but recently registered member from St Louis here. I recently moved to St Louis. I was hoping someone could recommend a shop. I'm looking to purchase a Gen 4 G19.

Thanks!

Mattog22
12-02-2010, 19:46
Mike's Guns off Hwy 94 in St. Charles usually has some of the best prices in the area on new glocks

Confluence
12-03-2010, 08:46
Mike's Guns off Hwy 94 in St. Charles usually has some of the best prices in the area on new glocks

Thanks!
I'll give them a call. I think I'm going to stop by Top Guns this Sunday.

bradleyj37
12-18-2010, 16:42
im in for a stl gt day at the range. let me know when and where. i live in crestwood and work in ballwin. graduated from lafayette in 1995.

STLGLK
12-25-2010, 19:17
Hey guys, new guy here from St. Louis...after my multi week wait to be able to post! FYI, Topgun tends to be a bit higher on some models since they work in a "free" hour at the range ($17), and a discount on your first accessory purchase. Dunns in Pevely has the best prices in general...also Smittys on 67 near Desoto. Small shop.....lots of guns! It's also nice to see a few of you from some other "fine handgun" forums!:cool:

jjtroutbum
12-25-2010, 19:31
Yep I am a big fan of Dunn's. Seems to be a lot less BS flying from behind the counter. The fellas there seem to enjoy fetching guns silently. Unless asked for comment.

Boot Stomper
12-28-2010, 18:56
Shoot at Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club, there is a match (IDPA, USPSA, Steel) just about every weekend, Top Gun in Imperial is a good shop with an indoor range.

Best, Rik

I was out at Top Gun a while back. It is a nice place. Hope they get their range up soon after the fire.

Boot Stomper
12-28-2010, 18:57
Grew up in St. Louis. Live in the Metro East now.

Boot Stomper
12-28-2010, 18:59
[QUOTE=Hi Ball;13368927]I guess I am the new kid on the block! We live out 65 miles from St. Louis near a little town called Gerald M0. I will be Going picking up my 5th GLOCK in a couple days. It is a Glock 22 in the .40S&W caliber. :cool:

Congrats on the G22. It is my favorite Glock. Enjoy.

blackbmw
12-28-2010, 20:15
Im in creve, went to a new shop off dorsett yesterday, not too sure what i think of it yet, i will let you guys know. The guys attitude went from nice and helpful to "im a cop interrogating you" DIRECTLY after he ran my credit card for 500 bucks 2 days ago. Im waiting for the nics to clear, as i get delayed everytime.

Confluence
12-29-2010, 22:13
Who has the cheapest range ammo in StL, or do most of you just buy online?

REA9mm
12-30-2010, 08:30
Who has the cheapest range ammo in StL, or do most of you just buy online?

Cabelas has the greatest selection, which usually means they will have some Blazer Brass in stock and it is generally the lowest price I will see for 9mm or .380. For .45, you can't go wrong with the deal Walmart usually has on the 100rd WWB. For .223, even though it's dirtier than hell, I still buy the really cheap Russian Silver Bear ammo at MidAmerica Arms b/c it's $6.99/20rds

STLGLK
12-30-2010, 19:40
FMJ 9mm Blazer Brass at Dunns in Pevely at $9.99 box of 50.

dagrimes65
01-01-2011, 16:34
Grew up in St. Louis now I live in Warrenton...Oh and I just purchased a Glock 23 L.E. for off duty carry.

Reb 56
01-10-2011, 16:29
Anyone else have their Home damaged ? My House was deemed unsafe and we have to relocate untill it is repaired. No one was injured so we were lucky.

dagrimes65
01-14-2011, 11:02
Im in creve, went to a new shop off dorsett yesterday, not too sure what i think of it yet, i will let you guys know. The guys attitude went from nice and helpful to "im a cop interrogating you" DIRECTLY after he ran my credit card for 500 bucks 2 days ago. Im waiting for the nics to clear, as i get delayed everytime.

Was it kind of a small guy with a beard?

I just got my LE Glock 23 from them about 2 weeks ago, he seemed kinda stand offish when I was there.

Bug Eater
01-15-2011, 19:12
Born and raised in STL, but went to HS in FL. I moved back because I missed the change of seasons.

I have found the best prices on half of my hand guns at Express Pawn Shop. Only downsides are they are a little drive (no biggie for me, it's on the way) and they have to order them. Nothing is in stock. They have, I believe, 3 shops. The Farmington location has the best prices and is most convenient for me.

Looking forward to Top Gun and On Target ranges to open in the next couple months!

Reb 56
02-09-2011, 14:21
Born and raised in STL, but went to HS in FL. I moved back because I missed the change of seasons.

I have found the best prices on half of my hand guns at Express Pawn Shop. Only downsides are they are a little drive (no biggie for me, it's on the way) and they have to order them. Nothing is in stock. They have, I believe, 3 shops. The Farmington location has the best prices and is most convenient for me.

Looking forward to Top Gun and On Target ranges to open in the next couple months!

How do you like the change of seasons this year, Personally I moved back to St Louis area after spending 10 yrs in south Texas,big mistake hate the long cold winters.

Huber
02-24-2011, 16:51
Happy I finally found a STL thread :wavey:

Live in Crystal City about 20 mins south of STL down 55. Shoot at either Top Gun or Soverign Arms in Fenton.

Looking at getting a membership to Arnold Gun Club. Anyone else a member of there or been there to coment on it?

STLGLK
02-26-2011, 20:53
Fortunately TopGuns' range is open again....pretty busy unless you go early on weekday! Also, Pawn King in Arnold will order weapons at $50 over cost.

Huber
02-27-2011, 00:02
Hitting Top Gun Wednesday morning if anyone is interested

stlguntrader
02-27-2011, 00:28
st.louis here, love Mike's guns, hate nassuck, owner and operator of stlguntrader.net join if your not already a member! :wavey:

REA9mm
02-27-2011, 14:39
Hitting Top Gun Wednesday morning if anyone is interested

I would like to go, but I don't know if I can get out of work. Are you a member at the range?

Huber
02-27-2011, 14:42
I would like to go, but I don't know if I can get out of work. Are you a member at the range?

No I have a free hour from when I bought my Glock from there........

REA9mm
02-27-2011, 21:34
I would like to go, but missing work + $17/hr range fee is a little too much for my cheap ass. I am hoping to get to the Jay Henges Range ($3/hr) next weekend to shoot my new Marlin .22lr and LCP. I will probably shoot the G19 a little too, but I don't have much 9mm.

Huber
02-28-2011, 09:57
I would like to go, but missing work + $17/hr range fee is a little too much for my cheap ass. I am hoping to get to the Jay Henges Range ($3/hr) next weekend to shoot my new Marlin .22lr and LCP. I will probably shoot the G19 a little too, but I don't have much 9mm.

Ya if I didn't have the pass I would go to Sovereign Arms instead its $15 a day but its also a cheaper range. If someone rapid fires it gets really dusty from the bank stopping the bullets.

I have never been to Jays how is it?

REA9mm
02-28-2011, 13:13
Ya if I didn't have the pass I would go to Sovereign Arms instead its $15 a day but its also a cheaper range. If someone rapid fires it gets really dusty from the bank stopping the bullets.

I have never been to Jays how is it?

It's really nice, they just complete redid the pistol/rifle range and it's now 100 yards baffled. You can set a target stand at 7, 15, 25, 50, 75, 100 yds. And they provide the targets. The stalls are really wide too. They give you a bench and a bench rest to shoot from and a place for spectators to sit. They call a ceasefire every 5-10 minutes to replace targets. There are 2-3 range officers and an overwatch, so it never feels unsafe. It's a great place to shoot for real cheap.

I haven't been over to their shotgun patterning or trap section yet, but I got a new 12 gauge that I need to shoot, so I probably will this weekend if the weather is nice.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/jay-henges-shooting-range

Huber
02-28-2011, 13:17
It's really nice, they just complete redid the pistol/rifle range and it's now 100 yards baffled. You can set a target stand at 7, 25, 50, 100 yds. And they provide the targets. The stalls are really wide too. They give you a bench and a bench rest to shoot from and a place for spectators to sit. They call a ceasefire every 5-10 minutes to replace targets. There are 2-3 range officers and an overwatch, so it never feels unsafe. It's a great place to shoot for real cheap.

I haven't been over to their shotgun patterning or skeet section yet, but I got a new 12 gauge that I need to shoot, so I probably will this weekend if the weather is nice.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/jay-henges-shooting-range

WOW sounds pretty awesome.....May go there Wednesday if the weather is nice instead

tha bizness
02-28-2011, 13:58
I live in North County. I have shot at Reifschneider park, Bullseye, and Topgun. Topgun is the best IMHO with Reifschneider being the second. Topgun even lets me shoot the AK.

I buy ammo at Cabellas.

I went to that store on Dorset once on a humbug during a lunch break just to see what they had. The guy seemed standoffish to me also and said something to the effect of "If your price shopping the owner would throw u out." Guess where I will NEVER go again...

Tha Biz

REA9mm
02-28-2011, 14:45
I live in North County. I have shot at Reifschneider park, Bullseye, and Topgun. Topgun is the best IMHO with Reifschneider being the second. Topgun even lets me shoot the AK.

I buy ammo at Cabellas.

I went to that store on Dorset once on a humbug during a lunch break just to see what they had. The guy seemed standoffish to me also and said something to the effect of "If your price shopping the owner would throw u out." Guess where I will NEVER go again...

Tha Biz

Never heard of Reifshneider Park, and a search didnt turn up much. I've been to Bullseye, but not shot there. It didn't seem like a very nice shop and it's a pretty old looking facility. Top Gun is brand new and top notch, it's where I've done the majority of my shooting (only been at it about a year). But ever since Jay Henges reopened last September, I can't bring myself to pay their prices. IMO, the only advantage TopGun holds over Jay Henges is that you can rapid fire, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Biz,if you are looking for a nice gun shop, I would recommend MidAmerica Arms on Gravois in South City. I bought my RIA 1911 and my Mossberg 500 there and they usually have pretty good prices on ammo too.

Do you work weekends Huber, is that why you go on Wednesdays? I would go this Wednesday, but I am waiting on Cabelas to call me back about the bg check delay on my Marlin .22lr and I'd have to give my work 24 hour notice, so if they don't call me today, I probably can't go this week.

Huber
02-28-2011, 15:08
Never heard of Reifshneider Park, and a search didnt turn up much. I've been to Bullseye, but not shot there. It didn't seem like a very nice shop and it's a pretty old looking facility. Top Gun is brand new and top notch, it's where I've done the majority of my shooting (only been at it about a year). But ever since Jay Henges reopened last September, I can't bring myself to pay their prices. IMO, the only advantage TopGun holds over Jay Henges is that you can rapid fire, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Biz,if you are looking for a nice gun shop, I would recommend MidAmerica Arms on Gravois in South City. I bought my RIA 1911 and my Mossberg 500 there and they usually have pretty good prices on ammo too.

Do you work weekends Huber, is that why you go on Wednesdays? I would go this Wednesday, but I am waiting on Cabelas to call me back about the bg check delay on my Marlin .22lr and I'd have to give my work 24 hour notice, so if they don't call me today, I probably can't go this week.

I'm gonna have to check out MidAmerica Arms!

Yes most weekends I work.....Plus Wednesday I turn 25 so I figured I would go release some steam by shooting :rofl:

Huber
02-28-2011, 15:16

I'm gonna have to check out MidAmerica Arms!

Yes most weekends I work.....Plus Wednesday I turn 25 so I figured I would go release some steam by shooting :rofl:

Huber
02-28-2011, 15:56
Anyone know of a good gunsmith in Jefferson County?

Dad wants his trigger pull changed on his Smith and Wesson .40cal

tha bizness
02-28-2011, 22:11
Never heard of Reifshneider Park, and a search didnt turn up much.

Its a state park in Warrenton, MO. Its unsupervised and in the middle of a conservation area. Kinda a hidden secret as you have to drive thru the park (and thru a little stream) to get there. Good time tho.

I would not recommend going in the winter or times after heavy rain (it is outdoors and can get muddy.) Here are the directions there (from OnTargets website)

Directions To Warrenton Range: Reifschneider Conservation Area Highway 70 West from St. Louis to Wright City Exit # 199, go left over highway then right on outer road. Go left on Highway H, right on Highway M, left on Schuetzenground Road 3 miles to conservation area. Follow road through conservation area, firing range is 1st left after the lake. The conservation website is showing a phone # of 636/441-4554 for info but I have never called it.

Huber
03-01-2011, 10:33
Its a state park in Warrenton, MO. Its unsupervised and in the middle of a conservation area. Kinda a hidden secret as you have to drive thru the park (and thru a little stream) to get there. Good time tho.

I would not recommend going in the winter or times after heavy rain (it is outdoors and can get muddy.) Here are the directions there (from OnTargets website)

Directions To Warrenton Range: Reifschneider Conservation Area Highway 70 West from St. Louis to Wright City Exit # 199, go left over highway then right on outer road. Go left on Highway H, right on Highway M, left on Schuetzenground Road 3 miles to conservation area. Follow road through conservation area, firing range is 1st left after the lake. The conservation website is showing a phone # of 636/441-4554 for info but I have never called it.

Sounds like a good place if you don't wanna mess with a bunch of people

REA9mm
03-02-2011, 11:14
Happy birthday Huber! :wavey:

Have a nice range session. Hopefully we can meet up at the Jay Henges range sometime when it warms up a little more. I've got a 33rd mag you can try out with your new LoneWolf barrel. :supergrin:

Huber
03-03-2011, 13:44
Happy birthday Huber! :wavey:

Have a nice range session. Hopefully we can meet up at the Jay Henges range sometime when it warms up a little more. I've got a 33rd mag you can try out with your new LoneWolf barrel. :supergrin:

Thanks man!

Ya I am all for meeting up at Jay Henges I will have a new hi point carbine 9mm on friday so I would love to do some sighting in and shooting out there

REA9mm
03-03-2011, 15:34
Thanks man!

Ya I am all for meeting up at Jay Henges I will have a new hi point carbine 9mm on friday so I would love to do some sighting in and shooting out there

Cool, I picked up my Marlin 795 at Cabelas yesterday, so I've got some sighting in to do also. My AR probably could use some sight adjustment too.

Huber
03-03-2011, 15:47
Cool, I picked up my Marlin 795 at Cabelas yesterday, so I've got some sighting in to do also. My AR probably could use some sight adjustment too.

Sounds like some fun :wow:

REA9mm
03-06-2011, 10:37
The wifey and I are heading out to the Jay Henges range off highway 44 today around 1pm. Anybody else going out shooting today?

Huber
03-07-2011, 11:29
The wifey and I are heading out to the Jay Henges range off highway 44 today around 1pm. Anybody else going out shooting today?

Dang wish I hadn't worked or I would have came up with the wife.......Let me know when you guys go again

REA9mm
03-07-2011, 13:22
Dang wish I hadn't worked or I would have came up with the wife.......Let me know when you guys go again

Will do. It was a pretty successful trip. I got my new Marlin .22lr sighted in. I learned that the red dot on my AR is pretty much worthless in sunlight, so I need to get a new scope for it. I shot my LCP for the first time. Dang that trigger pull is long. I had a tendency to shoot low with it, I was probably jerking towards the end b/c it's such a long trigger. Definitely need more practice with it. Shot my 1911 a little too which just reaffirmed my love for that gun.

No failures of any kind on any gun. It was quite crowded tho and the fellas a booth over were shooting a Mosin Nagant, which was a little unsettling for the wife. But it was still fun times.

Huber
03-07-2011, 14:18
Will do. It was a pretty successful trip. I got my new Marlin .22lr sighted in. I learned that the red dot on my AR is pretty much worthless in sunlight, so I need to get a new scope for it. I shot my LCP for the first time. Dang that trigger pull is long. I had a tendency to shoot low with it, I was probably jerking towards the end b/c it's such a long trigger. Definitely need more practice with it. Shot my 1911 a little too which just reaffirmed my love for that gun.

No failures of any kind on any gun. It was quite crowded tho and the fellas a booth over were shooting a Mosin Nagant, which was a little unsettling for the wife. But it was still fun times.

Sounds like a good trip!!!

I love the looks of the 1911's....

What red dot are you running on it? I am looking at getting one for my hi point carbine but don't wanna get one if it's pointless

REA9mm
03-07-2011, 15:40
Sounds like a good trip!!!

I love the looks of the 1911's....

What red dot are you running on it? I am looking at getting one for my hi point carbine but don't wanna get one if it's pointless

It's a cheapy Leapers red/green dot that I got for 30 bucks off some airsoft website a few years back. It's nice indoors and in low light, so I've got it sighted for close range, but outside it was worthless unless pointed at something dark.

I've never had experience with a good quality red dot, but I would assume they don't wash out as bad as this one. I think I will probably try to pick up a decent 3x-9x 40mm scope in the next couple of months.

Huber
03-08-2011, 17:57
It's a cheapy Leapers red/green dot that I got for 30 bucks off some airsoft website a few years back. It's nice indoors and in low light, so I've got it sighted for close range, but outside it was worthless unless pointed at something dark.

I've never had experience with a good quality red dot, but I would assume they don't wash out as bad as this one. I think I will probably try to pick up a decent 3x-9x 40mm scope in the next couple of months.

Oh ok....Ya I have done a lot of reading and watching reviews on youtube. Going to go with a Ncstar for my 995ts carbine

pnutcar
03-09-2011, 17:32
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi to everyone else from St. Louis.

Huber
03-14-2011, 13:22
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi to everyone else from St. Louis.

Welcome :wavey:

Anyone plan on doing some outside shooting with the weather we are suppose to be getting next week?

REA9mm
03-15-2011, 13:10

Anyone plan on doing some outside shooting with the weather we are suppose to be getting next week?

I have been thinking about taking Thursday morning off of work and going over to Jay Henges while it won't be crowded (hopefully). I got a new scope for my AR, so I need to sight it in.

Huber
03-15-2011, 13:17
I have been thinking about taking Thursday morning off of work and going over to Jay Henges while it won't be crowded (hopefully). I got a new scope for my AR, so I need to sight it in.

Lucky! It's a 45-55min haul for me :steamed:

Huber
03-17-2011, 15:10
Planning on hitting Jay's Sunday after church........Anyone down????

I will have my Glock 22 and Hi-Point 995ts carbine with me :)

Oh and the wife lol

stlgen423
03-19-2011, 11:52
Hey everyone! just found this thread. from the st. louis area here too. i try to shoot just about everywhere. i have a membership at soverign arms in fenton and try to make it out about once a week.

Huber
03-19-2011, 12:41
Hey everyone! just found this thread. from the st. louis area here too. i try to shoot just about everywhere. i have a membership at soverign arms in fenton and try to make it out about once a week.

:wavey: Welcome!!!!

I think I may have seen you at Sovreign my first time up there......Do you have a holster that comes down to your thigh?

Anyone for Jays tomorrow???? Suppose to clear up and be 70's

stlgen423
03-19-2011, 19:42
i think that may be the owner that you describe... i wish i was fortunate enough to have one of those rigs... i am up there quite often though, so we may have seen each other some time.

Huber
03-19-2011, 20:43
i think that may be the owner that you describe... i wish i was fortunate enough to have one of those rigs... i am up there quite often though, so we may have seen each other some time.

na not talking about Matt there is another normal guy who shoots Glocks is all decked out with glock apparel and all.

I would go there tomorrow but can't shoot my hi point carbine there even though it shoots 9mm

pnutcar
03-20-2011, 03:12
I was out at Jay today with my brother... put a few through the g2-17 and my bro's g4-17. That thing shoots SWEEEEET! He might be out there tomorrow but I doubt I will be again... never know though!

Huber
03-20-2011, 07:42
I was out at Jay today with my brother... put a few through the g2-17 and my bro's g4-17. That thing shoots SWEEEEET! He might be out there tomorrow but I doubt I will be again... never know though!

sweet i haven't been out there yet so i am excited to see it. Sounds great!

I did notice on there site they are closing again for updates

Huber
03-21-2011, 14:45
So my thoughts of jays:

1. It is very annoying that you can only have one target on top or bottom even when having multiple guns.
2. 15 mins before being able to change targets is a lot when having more then one person shoot.
3. Facility is nice and cheap

Can't say I will shoot there a lot as it is a 45 min drive or so but days I am off and nice out I may go up there

REA9mm
03-21-2011, 15:32
So my thoughts of jays:

1. It is very annoying that you can only have one target on top or bottom even when having multiple guns.
2. 15 mins before being able to change targets is a lot when having more then one person shoot.
3. Facility is nice and cheap

Can't say I will shoot there a lot as it is a 45 min drive or so but days I am off and nice out I may go up there

1. Agreed. That one never made sense to me.
2. Agreed. It's a bit too long, but the 3 second btwn shots (which I don't like) make it reasonable I guess.
3. Agreed.

My only gripe is the crowds on the weekends. Let me know when you plan to do a mid-week shoot and I can usually get a morning off. Should be much less crowded then.

How'd the shooting go? Any failures? Did you get your carbine sighted in?

Huber
03-21-2011, 16:13
1. Agreed. That one never made sense to me.
2. Agreed. It's a bit too long, but the 3 second btwn shots (which I don't like) make it reasonable I guess.
3. Agreed.

My only gripe is the crowds on the weekends. Let me know when you plan to do a mid-week shoot and I can usually get a morning off. Should be much less crowded then.

How'd the shooting go? Any failures? Did you get your carbine sighted in?

Shooting wise went good.....Glock not so good lol well no problems just I was majorly off for some reason. Hi point started rough not because of the gun my red dot wasn't working (funny story....I put it on backwards some how and wasn't paying attention) so ripped that off and reinstalled iron sites. Got it almost dialed in but super accurate!

The entire trip shot about 150 rounds of 9mm and 70 rounds of .40 not a single issue or failures :)

Huber
03-29-2011, 11:15
Bump it up for the Lou :D

If anyone local has a Glock 19 I am looking at trading my Glock 22 for one......Got a post on armslist

cbus
03-30-2011, 14:52
South city here. I've got a G23, and just ordered a G20 LE from Mid-America. Just got started reloading recently as well. Try to get out Jay Henges on a regular basis.

Nickanto
03-30-2011, 15:31
From eureka. Refuse to shoot at Henges because of the range Nazis. Luckily I own my own private range 5 minutes away.

pnutcar
03-30-2011, 16:01
I like Jay because $3 is cheaper than $20/hr. We shoot at our place down at Lake of the Ozarks too.

REA9mm
03-30-2011, 16:44
South city here. I've got a G23, and just ordered a G20 LE from Mid-America. Just got started reloading recently as well. Try to get out Jay Henges on a regular basis.

What part of south city? I am by Carondelet park off Grand.

From eureka. Refuse to shoot at Henges because of the range Nazis. Luckily I own my own private range 5 minutes away.

Welcome http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wavey%5B1%5D.gif
You are lucky! Would you ever consider hosting a range day for Missouri Glockers?

cbus
03-30-2011, 17:40
I'm at Macklind and Nottingham in Southampton.

As far as Henges goes, I can feel your pain on the range officers. On top of that, it gets overly crowded - even occasionally on weekdays. That - and you can't shoot bowling pins....

Would love to join Arnold Gun Club, but haven't really had the time to check it out too much.

Huber
03-31-2011, 13:33

Man that must be nice! I agree their range guys can be jerks

I'm at Macklind and Nottingham in Southampton.

As far as Henges goes, I can feel your pain on the range officers. On top of that, it gets overly crowded - even occasionally on weekdays. That - and you can't shoot bowling pins....

Would love to join Arnold Gun Club, but haven't really had the time to check it out too much.

I am shooting at Arnold Gun Club for the first time next Sat for a IDPA comp and will be joining there soon! Place is pretty sweet by what I have seen

REA9mm
04-01-2011, 14:31
Man that must be nice! I agree their range guys can be jerks

I am shooting at Arnold Gun Club for the first time next Sat for a IDPA comp and will be joining there soon! Place is pretty sweet by what I have seen

What is the membership cost like for Arnold Gun Club?

Huber
04-01-2011, 15:47
What is the membership cost like for Arnold Gun Club?

First year is the most expensive...breaks down like this:

$100 initiation fee
$150 annual membership fee (paid every year)
and you have to be a NRA member so if your not already then it's like $30 a year or something

Still your first year is only $30 more then Top Gun and they literally run every week some kind of shooting comp. You can take them serious or have fun

Huber
04-07-2011, 14:06
If anyone is interested in shooting the comp sat morning (IDPA) let me know you can get in with a code I have, your welcome to shoot and it's only $8

REA9mm
04-08-2011, 07:37
If anyone is interested in shooting the comp sat morning (IDPA) let me know you can get in with a code I have, your welcome to shoot and it's only $8

Crap! I would be soooo down for doing this, but we are heading out of town this weekend. That's my damn luck.

Oh well. Have fun! Shoot straight! And give us a report of how it was. :supergrin:

Huber
04-08-2011, 09:41
Will do I will give you guys a better notice next time

Huber
04-12-2011, 13:05
Next IDPA match is is May 14th! I def recommend everyone to try it if you are free TONS of fun!

Keep an eye out on the website for details and you will find out the round count and stages when it comes closer

www.arpc-idpa.com (http://www.arpc-idpa.com)

stlguntrader
04-14-2011, 02:22
Sounds like a good place if you don't wanna mess with a bunch of people
it gets pretty crowded on the weekends have to wait for a table some times (weather permitting) but if you can go on a weekday you'll probably be the only one there its nice. BUT last time I was there which was quite some time ago a warrenton sherrif came out called a cease fire and yelled at everyone because you can only shoot at the backed targets you cant bring your own target stand/object to shoot. He said he could fine everyone there (even if you were abiding by the rules) but he said he left and said he would be back n 15 and if everything wasnt cleaned up he was going to issue tickets. he was a dick but just doing his job I suppose.

Philippe
04-14-2011, 07:33
I'm in good ole Jeffco, I'm rarely seen at any local ranges, if anything I take quick trips to some of the areas unmanned conservation owned ranges but lately I have stopped going because of the aggressive brass vultures literally hovering over me.

REA9mm
04-15-2011, 15:20
Next IDPA match is is May 14th! I def recommend everyone to try it if you are free TONS of fun!

Keep an eye out on the website for details and you will find out the round count and stages when it comes closer

www.arpc-idpa.com (http://www.arpc-idpa.com)

I see you traded in your 22 for the 19. Good call in my opinion. But, I've never been a fan of the .40 round. Gimme a 9mm or a forty five.

This match sounds like fun! Any idea what the cost to enter is? Also, am I gonna look stupid as a beginner? I mean, I can shoot decent, but I have only been to the range once so far this year, so I would be rusty for sure.

pnutcar
04-15-2011, 15:27
I'm in good ole Jeffco, I'm rarely seen at any local ranges, if anything I take quick trips to some of the areas unmanned conservation owned ranges but lately I have stopped going because of the aggressive brass vultures literally hovering over me.
Thats ridiculous. I've never experienced anything like that, but have only been to a few ranges so far. They just hang out and pick up your brass while you're shooting? Cheap bastards

Huber
04-16-2011, 08:10

Unmanned ranges in Jeffco? Please do tell lol

I see you traded in your 22 for the 19. Good call in my opinion. But, I've never been a fan of the .40 round. Gimme a 9mm or a forty five.

This match sounds like fun! Any idea what the cost to enter is? Also, am I gonna look stupid as a beginner? I mean, I can shoot decent, but I have only been to the range once so far this year, so I would be rusty for sure.

Lol ya much happier! On the match yes you would be fine...its set up for everything from beginners to experts. I mean I have only been shooting since Feb and I placed 10 out 16 so it shows wide range

Huber
04-16-2011, 08:52
Oh and price is $8 plus ammo need anywhere from 100-200 rounds depending on stages

Philippe
04-21-2011, 13:23
Thats ridiculous. I've never experienced anything like that, but have only been to a few ranges so far. They just hang out and pick up your brass while you're shooting? Cheap bastards

Ohh they sure aren't shy, I had one old guy lingering around behind us pacing back and forth picking up brass as people shot! I had to run him off. Another time at the same range two old guys showed up, one walked up behind my wife and was watching her shoot, the he had the balls to put his hands on one of my shooting bags to open it and asked what she was shooting and asked if she wanted help lol. I was across the range watching closely, her reply was asking him if he'd ever been shot before lol. I seem to attract weird folks at ranges.

To the guy that asked about ranges in Jeffco, there are none other than private ranges. I was talking about conservation owned unmanned ranges like little Indian creek.

Huber
04-22-2011, 09:45
Any Glock Amrors in St. Louis?????

Huber
04-25-2011, 11:21
Next IDPA match at ARPC (Arnold Rifle Pistol Club) is May 14th!!!! Come check it out....right now there isn't info on the stages or how many rounds but keep an eye on the website it will be up.

http://www.arpc-idpa.com/

REA9mm
04-26-2011, 11:26
Next IDPA match at ARPC (Arnold Rifle Pistol Club) is May 14th!!!! Come check it out....right now there isn't info on the stages or how many rounds but keep an eye on the website it will be up.

Hey Huber, I am planning on being there! This will be my first match ever, so I'm excited. Is there anything I need to know? Anything I need to bring, other than a gun, some money, and some ammo?

You gonna be shooting your 19? I think that's what I will bring to shoot. I'd like to shoot my 1911, but .45 ammo is a little pricey.

Huber
04-26-2011, 14:14
REA9mm awesome man...This will be my second!

You need a couple things:

1. Register for the email blasts on the website.....Couple days before they send out the code to get into the gate. With out it you can't get in. (which if you want to meet before hand you can follow me in and park)

2. Bring gun, eyes/ears, holster, mag holster (if you have one), 3 mags, last time was about 100 rounds but it ranges on the stages so about 100-150 rounds in case you have extras you have to fire, and finally a cover item (vest, bigger shirt, jacket (wouldn't recommend since it will be warm I am sure)

I recommend getting there early and helping set up cause then you get to shoot for $4!!!! Plus you get to see the course and get fimiliar with it. We can be in the same squad if you want!?!?!

Basically when you register you pick a squad and shoot with them all day and in order.

Yes I am shooting my Glock 19 :)

Detectorist
04-29-2011, 05:16
Just moved back to Missouri last July.

If I told you guys what my favorite pistol was, you would all freak out....

Hint: It costs about $150.

Huber
04-29-2011, 07:46
If its a Hi Point I would freak :) I love my C9 and 995ts carbine

Detectorist
04-29-2011, 10:01
You got it. The threee I've had have been ultra reliable. I love glocks too. It's that for the price of one of my favorite Glocks, I can buy 3 Hi-Points.

I may be picking up one today, as a matter of fact.

Reb 56
05-01-2011, 18:37
Any Glock Amrors in St. Louis?????

Top Gun has a couple.

cbus
05-05-2011, 20:20
Top Gun has a couple.

Per their latest newsletter, Top Gun now has "Helix Gunsmithing" in-house full time.
I would assume he'd be a Glock Armorer as well.

"As of May 1st, Helix Gunsmithing will be onsite at Top Gun full time. Certified Gunsmith Eric Olson specializes in troubleshooting and repair, but also provides complete services on all makes and models. Over the past year, Eric has provided Top Gun customers with fast and reliable service, and we are very pleased to welcome him to our location.

Some general services provided by Helix are:

Sight Pushing
Bluing Services
Stainless Steel Finish Work
Stock Refinishing
Scope Mounting
Bore Sighting
Firearm Cleaning
and many more....."

cbus
05-05-2011, 20:22

Hey, I was considering joining the AR&PC - any other info besides what's offered on the website?

ptmccain
05-27-2011, 19:52
Hi, I'm a member of ARPC. What would you like to know?

cbus
06-03-2011, 17:07
REA9mm awesome man...This will be my second!

You need a couple things:

1. Register for the email blasts on the website.....Couple days before they send out the code to get into the gate. With out it you can't get in. (which if you want to meet before hand you can follow me in and park)

2. Bring gun, eyes/ears, holster, mag holster (if you have one), 3 mags, last time was about 100 rounds but it ranges on the stages so about 100-150 rounds in case you have extras you have to fire, and finally a cover item (vest, bigger shirt, jacket (wouldn't recommend since it will be warm I am sure)

I recommend getting there early and helping set up cause then you get to shoot for $4!!!! Plus you get to see the course and get fimiliar with it. We can be in the same squad if you want!?!?!

Basically when you register you pick a squad and shoot with them all day and in order.

Yes I am shooting my Glock 19 :)

Don't have an OWB holster - but I do have a nice IWB that I use for CC. Will that work for IDPA? Considering trying it out next Saturday - how long do the matches usually last?

Thanks!

REA9mm
06-06-2011, 14:32
Don't have an OWB holster - but I do have a nice IWB that I use for CC. Will that work for IDPA? Considering trying it out next Saturday - how long do the matches usually last?

Thanks!

IWB should work fine, as long as it's rigid, for easy reholstering. Last month we got finished around 1pm and I think we got a little bit of a late start due to the rain. I will unfortunately not be participating this weekend b/c my brother is coming in from LA, but I will definitely be back out there for the July match.

mister happy
07-14-2011, 08:52
Huber, Thanks for listing that GTUL in your signature - Just ordered and it looks great!

AK47Man
01-19-2012, 16:40
Originally from South St Louis City..Currently in North STL County...New favorite indoor range: Ultimate Defense Indoor Firing Range & Training Center. St Peters, MO.

http://udrange.com/

http://udrange.com/Images/top02.gif

smullen
01-30-2012, 21:40
Wow, not sure how I missed this thread...

I've been on here for a bit, I'm from N. County. I'm a member at ARPC, and Hiway 67 Gun Club in Farmington, so I usually shoot at one of those two ranges or a friends house down in St. Claire...

JJ, I've met you before at said friends house... :)

Detectorist
01-30-2012, 21:52
Wow, not sure how I missed this thread...

I've been on here for a bit, I'm from N. County. I'm a member at ARPC, and Hiway 67 Gun Club in Farmington, so I usually shoot at one of those two ranges or a friends house down in St. Claire...

JJ, I've met you before at said friends house... :)

I live close to St. Clair.

smullen
01-30-2012, 22:10
I live close to St. Clair.

Really, there is a guy over there RJTCCW, that has shoots out at his place several times a year and members/shooters from several forums meet out there, shoot and BS...

Its a really good time...

I had a friend I'd tried to get to go with me for like 3 years; he finally went had a blast and can't wait to go back.

mingaa
01-30-2012, 22:15
In south city. Shoot top gun, bulls eye, Henges. Will start matches at Arnold in 2012. Looking for training and fun from IDPA and hope to get into 3 gun if I can find the time. Been here since 2000. South city pawn by Mid America on Gravois is a place tO watch for new and used and willing to deal. They are expanding the shop AND turning the car washproperty next door into a new range. 3 miles from me and I'll be doing more there. Just spun a great deal on a Mossberg sale/trade of a 500 for a new 930. Totally happy with the outcome. Talk to Kent.

Detectorist
01-30-2012, 22:39
Really, there is a guy over there RJTCCW, that has shoots out at his place several times a year and members/shooters from several forums meet out there, shoot and BS...

Its a really good time...

I had a friend I'd tried to get to go with me for like 3 years; he finally went had a blast and can't wait to go back.

let me know. I'd love to shoot out there.

Huber
02-14-2012, 12:42
Finally back guys! Just got a new Glock 19 as I sold my last one.

Will be joining ARPC Saturday

REA9mm
03-05-2012, 09:45
I am planning to shoot the monthly match at ARPC this Saturday, anybody else gonna be there?

Stlbrian
07-05-2012, 16:23
Born and raised in south county, transplanted to south city..... Just got my first Glock, Gen 4 G23.

Top Gun is great, but I would rather shoot outside if I have a choice. There is the Henges range at Antire road, but are there any other outdoor shooting ranges in the area?

Hej Hej
01-10-2013, 18:54
Ultimate Defense in St. Peters...

http://udrange.com/

jmill88
03-10-2013, 23:00
Hey Guys...I'm considering joining Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club and noticed you have to have a current member as a reference. Would anyone on here be willing to do this for me? Anything else I need to know about joining? Said there is a test too. Any info on this? Thanks!

Huber
03-15-2014, 12:17
Moving back to Jefferson County next week if anyone wants to do a morning shoot at top gun let me know...

Huber
05-08-2014, 10:04
Trying the newer range in Afton tonight.

http://sharpshooterstl.com

Anyone been there?

My LEO buddy and I are excited to try the turning targets they have

ptmccain
05-19-2014, 08:22
Trying the newer range in Afton tonight.

http://sharpshooterstl.com

Anyone been there?

My LEO buddy and I are excited to try the turning targets they have

Been there, great facility and darn good BBQ too

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

MoCop
05-21-2014, 15:12
Been there, great facility and darn good BBQ too

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Been thinking about going there. May have to give it a try.

BTW, I enjoy your videos. I've been thinking about joining the ARPC. I have a membership at Ultimate Defense in the St. Peters/O'Fallon area. Nice place. But there's just something about shooting outdoors that makes everything that much more enjoyable.