I need a Ginney Pig [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I need a Ginney Pig

mliebs8
01-25-2008, 16:47
I just started making holsters and have made several for my Kimbers and STI's but I'd like to get someone elses opinion on what they think of them. I'm going to make one this weekend for a G26 and it will be IWB, unfinished (but will have an exterior sealant) and will have a belt loop for a 1.5" belt. It's going to be similar to the Summer Special but it will have a body shield and will be smooth side out. I'm looking for someone that carrys religously, has been on this site for over 2 years, and can give me honest feedback on what they thought of the holster. Please don't reply if you don't carry daily.

BamaTrooper
01-25-2008, 16:58
I just started making holsters and have made several for my Kimbers and STI's but I'd like to get someone elses opinion on what they think of them. I'm going to make one this weekend for a G26 and it will be IWB, unfinished (but will have an exterior sealant) and will have a belt loop for a 1.5" belt. It's going to be similar to the Summer Special but it will have a body shield and will be smooth side out. I'm looking for someone that carrys religously, has been on this site for over 2 years, and can give me honest feedback on what they thought of the holster. Please don't reply if you don't carry daily.

I joined in September 06, but I carry a 27 or 33 everyday off duty. If you loosen the 2 year requirement, let me know.

tjbert47
01-25-2008, 17:06
I would be happy to try one out for you. But I'm a lefty. I do however carry a G27 24/7 .

Tom in TN

cmontrose1
01-25-2008, 17:36
Lefty, sorry. however carry 27 every day....

k594
01-25-2008, 17:43
i carry daily right hand w a g23 let me know if u have a g23 model u want carried

RussP
01-25-2008, 17:46
Are you looking to sell some?

:cool:

GLOCK_27
01-25-2008, 17:59
any pics?

mliebs8
01-25-2008, 18:03
I'm not actually looking to sell any holsters I'll be giving this away for free (and I'll pay the shipping). I plan on doing some other Glock models so I'll be looking for someone else to help me out at a later date. Thanks for the replys but since I'm right handed I'm going to stick with that for now. I'll check the site out tomorrow and let everyone know who it's going to be sent to. I should have it finished by Monday or Tuesday at the latest so the lucky winner will have it by next weekend.

jbailey8
01-25-2008, 18:09
I'm not actually looking to sell any holsters I'll be giving this away for free (and I'll pay the shipping). I plan on doing some other Glock models so I'll be looking for someone else to help me out at a later date. Thanks for the replys but since I'm right handed I'm going to stick with that for now. I'll check the site out tomorrow and let everyone know who it's going to be sent to. I should have it finished by Monday or Tuesday at the latest so the lucky winner will have it by next weekend.

for some reason PASSIVE comes to mind, maybe he will post a reply.....i'm sure if you send it to him he'll even make a you tube video of himself wearing it!!

specialkwpb
01-25-2008, 18:12
I've been here almost a year, but I carry a G26 IWB on the right, extremely religiously (sometimes to sleep). I'll be the guinea pig. :wavey:

Bunny_FuFu_4u
01-25-2008, 18:16
If you ever make one for a G17, I'll try it out.

I also instantly thought of PASSIVE but I got the feeling that he's not going to give up smartcarry anytime soon.

jbailey8
01-25-2008, 18:21
If you ever make one for a G17, I'll try it out.

I also instantly thought of PASSIVE but I got the feeling that he's not going to give up smartcarry anytime soon.

true, but i think he would be an un-biased tester(for lack of a better word), but he is content with his smartcarry who know's....maybe! :dunno:

keeper85
01-25-2008, 18:35
I joined GT in 2004 and carry a 27 daily, except while at work, however I have to be honest I have an IWB holster I love and would be make a commitment to give it up for an extended period.

tjbert47
01-25-2008, 19:27
for some reason PASSIVE comes to mind, maybe he will post a reply.....i'm sure if you send it to him he'll even make a you tube video of himself wearing it!!

Now thats a plan. I like it.

Tom in TN

Usingmyrights
01-25-2008, 19:32
Been here for 3+ years. Have a 26. Carry just about everyday. Have a MiltSparks SS to have something to compare it too.

mliebs8
01-25-2008, 20:14
Been here for 3+ years. Have a 26. Carry just about everyday. Have a MiltSparks SS to have something to compare it too. As much as I hate the thought of going up against MiltSparks (I could only hope to be half as good someday) I'm going to send the holster to you. Keeper85 if everything works out I'll send you one at a later date. All I ask is to give me your honest opinion and some suggestions on where you think I could improve on my craftsmanship and or design. If you could email your information to me I should have the holster out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I can also send some pics of where it's at if you want.

Thanks for the replys

liebel0557@sbcglobal.net

Usingmyrights
01-25-2008, 20:19
As much as I hate the thought of going up against MiltSparks (I could only hope to be half as good someday) I'm going to send the holster to you. Keeper85 if everything works out I'll send you one at a later date. All I ask is to give me your honest opinion and some suggestions on where you think I could improve on my craftsmanship and or design. If you could email your information to me I should have the holster out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I can also send some pics of where it's at if you want.

Thanks for the replys

liebel0557@sbcglobal.net

Obviously you can't expect someone just starting out to be as good as one of the better companies on the market for serveral years. I was simply saying that I would be comparing similiar style holsters., so it wouldn't be apples and oranges. I sent you an email, and will let you know what I think. I'll see about getting some pics up as well.

Glockanatorrrrr
01-25-2008, 20:25
How about spell check too? Sorry had to. Why all the restrictions? I'd say send them to the Mods and see what they say. Pick a few people and let them post what they think. Just a thought. Did I mention....PM me for my address?

Kirkcdl
01-25-2008, 20:44
If you're still looking,I carry a G27 every day in a Versa Max 2,and I joined mid 2005...:supergrin:

mliebs8
01-25-2008, 21:26
How about spell check too? Sorry had to. Why all the restrictions? I'd say send them to the Mods and see what they say. Pick a few people and let them post what they think. Just a thought. Did I mention....PM me for my address? Everybody loves a smarta** , actually no offense taken. I'll be more than happy to send a few holsters out to the members of Glocktalk once I get the patterns tweaked a little bit. Personally I only have 1911 frames (and a few HK's) but most of my friends are into Glocks and XD's so I have the molds for most their lines. Anyway I'm curious to see how it goes.

chevy01234
01-25-2008, 21:33
PM inbound

RussP
01-25-2008, 22:27
How about spell check too? Sorry had to. ...
Ahhhhh, this spell check?

BamaTrooper
01-25-2008, 22:40

Forgot to mention, I am right handed and carry IWB. Currently using a Galco UDC. Have always want the Summer Special style, but never had the extra $ to spend.

USMC Medic
01-25-2008, 22:46
If you can make one for a G22.... I'll be your test dummy. I'll even take it to the field with me and tell you how it feels in a semi-"combat" situation. Just PM me if you want.

scottMO
01-25-2008, 22:52
I'll volunteer to demo a holster for a G-19.

I've been on GT for a few years. :whistling:

scottMO

BLMcKee
01-25-2008, 23:00
Looks like youve got plenty of guinea pigs. If you start making them for other size guns continue to post. We all have plenty of guns.....Glocks and others

Usingmyrights
01-25-2008, 23:00
Ahhhhh, this spell check?

I wish I knew about the spell check sooner. Is this part of the membership program or does everyone have it.

mnglocker
01-25-2008, 23:15
I wish I knew about the spell check sooner. Is this part of the membership program or does everyone have it.

Everyone can have it, it's just a quick download. :supergrin:

mnglocker
01-25-2008, 23:18
Oh yeah... And if you're need'n a Guine pig for a G23, I've been shopping out IWB for mine and haven't found one that's comfy yet. I like my guns to ride low in my waist band, pretty much trigger gaurd below the waist band.

And I do carry EVERY DAY, and at HOME. I'm toting a rosco right around 20 hours per day. :faint:

Glockanatorrrrr
01-26-2008, 08:40
Can you post pics of your holster. I'm sure you could sell a lot of them on here. I'm always looking for new accessories.

RussP
01-26-2008, 09:01
I wish I knew about the spell check sooner. Is this part of the membership program or does everyone have it.Is it not in you "Reply to Thread" dialogue screen?

rvrctyrngr
01-26-2008, 09:52
Is it not in you "Reply to Thread" dialogue screen?

Nope. Just the 'switch editor mode' icon.

mliebs8
01-26-2008, 10:03
I'm finishing one up for an XD Compact, I don't know how to post pics but if someone would email me I'll email pictures if they can post them. The holster I"m making is unfinished but I just sprayed sealant on it, it's looking pretty good so far.

Oneiros
01-26-2008, 10:50
I carry daily. Used to be the 26 I carried daily until I got my 30. Oh well. I prefer pocket carry anyway, but I'm always open to new ideas.

Hask12
01-26-2008, 17:45
Only a year but have been considering a Versa Max II for my 26, already carry IWB with my Sig. Let me know.

diver 1956
01-26-2008, 18:01
If you haven't got someone to test your holster, I'd be happy to. I registered on GT in 2005 while I was working at the Fort Worth Police Crime Lab. doing ballistic testing. I carry a G26 from the time I get up (around 7:30-8:00AM) until bedtime (usually around 11:30 PM), and I carry it
in an IWB while at home (even in my recliner). I also teach CHL classes here in
Ft. Worth and am a veteran.
Please let me know if I be of any help.
(I might even be able to sell some for you).
Randy Dellis
Ph. 817-534-3362

ZYALTR
01-27-2008, 13:51
Nice looking holster.

Usingmyrights
02-01-2008, 22:29
Just a quick update, until I hear back from the OP get some pics for a full report. I received the holster a couple days ago, and have given it a try. I'm going to give it a good through test, but so far I'm happy with it, and it seems well made.

swatemintx
02-02-2008, 07:55
if you are passing em around, pm me.. I carry a 27

USMC06
02-08-2008, 22:35
I would not mind trying. Although I have and use several holsters, I usually wear a C-TAC for my G23 and G33. I carry a G33 regularly and if you are still inclined to have people try out your holsters, I'm willing to try for a specified period - and return or agree to a purchase price.

Ian
02-12-2008, 13:36
Hello and good luck.
I have been here nine or ten years, and owned many holsters.
I will be more than willing to help you with a holster for a 19, 34, or 21SF. As long as it allows a perfect "hand to grip" whilst in the holster, and does not come out of the pants EVER on the draw.

flynjump
02-18-2008, 00:13
Oh yeah... And if you're need'n a Guine pig for a G23, I've been shopping out IWB for mine and haven't found one that's comfy yet. I like my guns to ride low in my waist band, pretty much trigger gaurd below the waist band.

And I do carry EVERY DAY, and at HOME. I'm toting a rosco right around 20 hours per day. :faint:

If you are willing to buy one and not just bum a freebie, try A Desantis Cozy Partner IWB for the G23, should fit the bill. I love mine.

DoogieHowser
02-26-2008, 14:44
What about a solid OWB for the M&P full size .40? Your holsters look amazing and I'd be willing to pay and do a report!

sphillips45
03-01-2008, 07:42
If you have not found anyone , i have been here for a few years and i carry a G-26 for time to time, i would be willing to try your holster out ..

G21forME
03-01-2008, 10:23
I'd love to volunteer, I currently carry my 26 in a c-tac 24/7