New AF "Myspace" site [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New AF "Myspace" site

MrMurphy
01-26-2008, 03:32
http://airforce.togetherweserved.com

Basically, USAF-myspace, with messaging, your own page, etc.

sfguard
02-18-2008, 17:51
We got E-mail saying the site is not secure and recommending we not register or to be very careful with what info we put on there about ourselves. Apparently, anyone can register and claim to be Air Force. So if anyone does register keep that in mind.

meeko
02-19-2008, 07:34
Do we really need an AF myspace page? All you have to do is hit browse and you can find just about all the picture you want of kids in their uniforms, on flight lines etc. On the plain myspace page. CC's don't seem to be putting anyone in check over it.

MrMurphy
02-19-2008, 07:49
This one is accessible downrange, MySpace isn't. The USMC/Army and Navy all have one by these guys too apparently.

BattletweeteR
02-19-2008, 10:22
neat...check it out this afternoon

mrmack110
03-19-2008, 15:30
Yea, we just had a LtCol from Nellis tell us about the whole Air Force battling Cyberspace and what not yesterday, and he said the company that runs it is based out of Nova Scotia or some European country (It was an O-dark thirty briefing and I was really trying to stay awake). He basically said that there is an AFI stating that you can't put anything work related on any website/ blog or whatever, is it enforced, no, but it was interesting to her him say they found that NO OTHER COUNTRY in the ENTIRE world has a "Together We served website".
Not the Royal Air Force, Germany's Army, nobody. Just a Foriegn country, wanting to know about the USAF, ARMY, MARINES.
Kinda fishy if you ask me.
He also said MySpace isn't owned by Tom anymore (I didn't know this either). Apparently, Tom sold mypsace last year for 6 million, to a European company, and then they in turn turned around and sold it to another foriegn company (not sure what) for 36 million. I bet Tom is kicking himself somewhere for not holding out longer. But in all seriousness, I know it is his job to be EXTREMELY anal about OPSEC and that it is his job, to simulate threats and go back to the MAJCOMs and tell them how bad they scewed up, but you couldn't help but agree with him about certain points he made that at some point, not if, but when, something will happen due to some information somebody but on a website Military related, no matter what it was.