Gun Law: Permits [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Law: Permits

NoloContendere
01-28-2008, 16:27
http://index.ls.state.ms.us/isysnative/UzpcRG9jdW1lbnRzXDIwMDhccGRmXHNiXDI0MDAtMjQ5OVxzYjI0MTFpbi5wZGY=/sb2411in.pdf#xml=http://10.240.72.35/isysquery/irl8df/14/hilite

AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 45-9-101, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO ALLOW APPLICATION BY MAIL FOR A PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.

NoloContendere
01-28-2008, 16:30
This is by Senator Powell... like the Ammunition bill.

I wonder if enough of us called him and he's trying to make amends now???!!

OXCOPS
01-28-2008, 21:53
Granted I am no longer in MS, but I would have been happy for the MHP substations to have better hours.

Ideally, I would have liked to be able to go to ANY police, or sheriff, station to get the prints done, then mail in the application.

NoloContendere
01-29-2008, 09:43
Granted I am no longer in MS, but I would have been happy for the MHP substations to have better hours.

Ideally, I would have liked to be able to go to ANY police, or sheriff, station to get the prints done, then mail in the application.

That's what this new law will do! I know it doesn't help ya much now though.

OXCOPS
01-29-2008, 12:02
That's what this new law will do! I know it doesn't help ya much now though.

I tried to read through the link, but it's the entire CCW stuff. However, last night, I was too tired to read it closely for just the section that is recommended to change.

I went through my 8-hr CCW class for AZ back on the 19th. The instructor did our prints at the class. I mailed it off 7 days ago. I should have my AZ permit by the end of this week. :supergrin: DPS regulations say they will process it within 3 days, then mail you the card. One thing I do NOT miss is the 120 day wait in MS.

NoloContendere
01-29-2008, 14:29
I tried to read through the link, but it's the entire CCW stuff. However, last night, I was too tired to read it closely for just the section that is recommended to change.

I went through my 8-hr CCW class for AZ back on the 19th. The instructor did our prints at the class. I mailed it off 7 days ago. I should have my AZ permit by the end of this week. :supergrin: DPS regulations say they will process it within 3 days, then mail you the card. One thing I do NOT miss is the 120 day wait in MS.

I know man. 120 days is ridiculous.

For the link, additions are underlined, and deletions are struckthrough so you can quickly scroll down to see what's changed. Not much, but better than having to appear for people that aren't local like I am.

OXCOPS
01-29-2008, 16:22
I know man. 120 days is ridiculous.

For the link, additions are underlined, and deletions are struckthrough so you can quickly scroll down to see what's changed. Not much, but better than having to appear for people that aren't local like I am.

When I did my initial MS permit, it took 117 days. AZ, while not requiring a permit for open carry, will send you your CCW permit within three days of receipt of the app. :tongueout: