Las Vegas firearm registration update [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas firearm registration update

crazypilot
01-29-2008, 19:00
The LVMPD website has finally been updated. Blue card is no longer required:rock:.
http://www.lvmpd.com/permits/firearms_registration.html

Raoul Duke
01-30-2008, 14:07
The LVMPD website has finally been updated. Blue card is no longer required:rock:.
http://www.lvmpd.com/permits/firearms_registration.html

I feel for you guys that live down south and have to put up with registration. It seem so UN-Nevada.

Carver
02-08-2008, 18:17
New to Henderson/LV
so whats the deal... bring pistols to cops to register.

for new purchases, its instant now if you have been in state more than 60 days?

crazypilot
02-08-2008, 19:12
New to Henderson/LV
so whats the deal... bring pistols to cops to register.

for new purchases, its instant now if you have been in state more than 60 days?

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say but yes now you have 60 days to register instead of the 24hrs and you don't have to carry the blue card anymore.

Meman5150
02-22-2008, 12:07
I too feel sorry for you guys. Over here in Reno we can just buy them and shoot them. :tongueout:

eXe
02-26-2008, 12:00
Same here in Pahrump.. buy and shoot.

Glad to see they updated this.. I was always worried about staying in Vegas for a night or two with the wife and having my pistol with me. I sometimes go shooting when I go into town (and when she is off at the spa lol) so its nice to know I wont have any issues.

RMTactical
02-26-2008, 12:28
So, handguns are no longer needed to be registered?? Damn... I just registered my G19 here a couple weeks ago... :upeyes:

So, since we have reciprocity now with other states, does that mean that you don't have to have your carry pistol listed on your CCW in Clark County?

G19Tony
02-26-2008, 12:44
What I read, was you still have to register within 60 days. Carrying your blue card not required. I still think it's probably a good idea to carry your registration card with your CCW.

Not really a big victory for us. :upeyes:

Not have to have our CCW's by serial number on our permits would be a big victory. :wow:

Quiet
02-26-2008, 17:39
Clark County residents have up to 72 hours to register their handguns.

Non-residents of Clark County do not have to register their handguns, unless they stay in Clark County for more than 60 days.

CowboyKen
02-26-2008, 20:29
State of Nevada permit holders are restricted to carry only firearms listed on their permit. Semi-automatic pistols are listed by make, model & caliber (not serial number); revolvers are listed as "AUTHORIZED" or are not listed on new or updated permits (on old permits they individually listed). You must have a Nevada permit if you are a Nevada resident.

Clark County registration is as stated by Quiet. You are not required to carry your blue card(s) but metro "suggests" that you do.

Ken