CWP Turn around times [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CWP Turn around times

bagballa
01-31-2008, 00:10
So it really takes 90 days to get a CWP, I sent my packet off 1.5 months ago.
So it would be pretty unlikely that I get it anytime soon. Is it delivered by mail or do I have to go somewhere and pick it up? I live in Charleston county BTW

HighlanderSC
01-31-2008, 09:58
I completed the CWP course in December and sent the application the following Monday. It took 46 days, total, to receive my CWP in the mail. I sent it and received it via US Postal mail ....regular mail with no rush or anything. That included three national/state holidays (Christmas, New Years, MLK). I was shocked to have received it so quickly and wasn't expecting it for another month. I had heard that it would take 70 days or so to process it. I'm in Greenville, SC.

bagballa
01-31-2008, 15:05
Cool, I can't wait to get mine. Thanks for the info. Wa state permits take only 10 days and you don't mail anything off.

arj
02-04-2008, 18:29
Here in NC you have to go to the Sheriff's office and do all the paperwork..it takes 6-8 weeks to get it.

Glocks&Ducs
02-07-2008, 07:41
Here in NC you have to go to the Sheriff's office and do all the paperwork..it takes 6-8 weeks to get it.

It doesn't always take 6-8 weeks. It depends on the state's workload and how much stuff is on your application that needs to be researched. I have heard of it taking right at 90 days and beyond, and mine only took 3 weeks.

bagballa
02-07-2008, 13:18
Hell, When I lived in Washington, it only took 8-10 days shipped. No training. My friend even got his and he's got domestic violence charges. Funny thing is, In Wa you have to wait 5 days if you dont have a CWP, with a CWP you can walk in and walk out with a handgun.
My friend with the DV charge can't even pass the NICS background check. Yet he got his CWP.

Bosko
02-07-2008, 15:00
Bagballa,

If your friend indeed has a concealed weapons permit in the State of Washington and also has domestic violence charges pending against him there, he appears to be in violation of:

Revised Code of Washington, Section 9.41.070 (Concealed Pistol License),

and

Title 18, United States Code, Section 922(g)(8)(B) - (Unlawful Acts)

If convicted of a domestic violence charge, he will then be in violation of
18 USC 922(g)(9).

18 USC 922(g)(8)(B) and (g)(9) pertain to domestic violence charges and convictions anywhere in the United States. Both sections prohibit possession of a firearms shipped in interstate commerce (and they all are).

I don't understand how this got by the issuing authority. Do you?

bagballa
02-07-2008, 18:01
Nope no clue. I just knew they delayed his CWP for a couple days, then he called and got the run around for about a week, and the last time he called they said they were reviewing his records.... Then it came in mail. When he tried to buy a pistol NICS denied him.

Glock'N'Load
02-14-2008, 12:57
Glad they finally caught on.