Person gets run over by Train, survives [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Person gets run over by Train, survives

Tvov
02-05-2008, 14:43
Okay, the link I have has little info, and what I heard this morning is second hand:

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=7818944

This was in a neighboring town, just happened yesterday. From what I know, a young woman was looking for her dog, and in crossing the train tracks her foot got stuck. She was between the rails. As she was trying to get free, she looked up and saw an Acela (high speed passenger train) coming towards her. Unable to free herself, she lay down between the rails. The engineer of the train applied emergency brakes, but he was not able to stop the train until far down the tracks. FDs in two towns were called (the train had actually come to a stop in the neighboring town). No one could find the person, and the engineer was "interviewed" extensively, swearing up and down that he saw someone trying to free themselves from the tracks.

The person was found (she may have called the PD after seeing the news), and told the police what happened.

As I said, I heard this second hand, but Holy Cow! I can't imagine living through that!

I'll update this with more definite information when I can get it.

nam02G
02-05-2008, 18:17
I can imagine it, I know someone who lost his foot in a similar way. I can't imagine not calling for help afterward. Takes some moxy to drive yourself to the hospital after that. Of course I'm guessing, didn't take the time to follow the link.

Tvov
02-05-2008, 18:44
The thing is, the woman was NOT hurt. She walked away, to her home. I know, if it were me, I would definitely need new underwear....