SC: Sportsmans Warehouse [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC: Sportsmans Warehouse

The Pontificator
02-09-2008, 16:55
There's one in Columbia. I thought they were opening one in Florence or Myrtle Beach but their website shows nada.

?????

Glockphobia
02-10-2008, 06:51
i wouldnt sweat it,they're overpriced anyway. i went to the one in cola yesterday and looked at a g19. the homeland defense model/series? had the glock light, ext slide and mag release for a mere 665.00:wow: i liked the extended releases, i WILL be getting those for my g19&g22. the reg g19 was a little over 500.00.

Glock'N'Load
02-12-2008, 18:51
Thats not too terribly bad gander mountain wants 520 for a used gen 2 glock 22 and over 600 for a new one. they have raised their prices a $100 on most everything accross the board. I wish we had a Sportsmans warehouse in charlotte north carollina.

Glockphobia
02-14-2008, 05:47
Thats not too terribly bad gander mountain wants 520 for a used gen 2 glock 22 and over 600 for a new one. they have raised their prices a $100 on most everything accross the board. I wish we had a Sportsmans warehouse in charlotte north carollina.
it's really bad when i purchased my gen3 g19 for 419.00. now, that was 1) 1-1/2 years ago and 2) no night sights.

hagar
02-14-2008, 09:24
Been in there at least 5 or 6 times. Every single time I walked out without buying anything, either because they are so overpriced, or they did not have in stock what I wanted. I would not even dream about buying a gun there.

Fingolfin
02-15-2008, 22:35
the reg g19 was a little over 500.00.

I dunno if you have looked at prices lately but that very reasonable. A good online price is $475, then you add shipping, and then you add transfer fee. People balk at a $500 gun in a store when they could order it online for $450. After all is said in done they end up paying about $500 anyway after buying it sight unseen and throwing it into the conundrum of the postal system. Of course with the local sales add taxes, so you may be close but it's probably not worth you ordering online when you can personally inspect the gun in the store before buying.

From what i've seen Sportsman's Warehouse is reasonable on some guns, and high on others. I would have bought a Glock there myself but I wanted a green one which they didn't have. I bought a 1911 from them that was priced near internet prices. The guys behind the counter have always been friendly with me. I'm glad to see a major chain that answers the demand for shooting enthusiasts considering how politically correct it is.

If anybody knows a place that has better prices on new firearms in the midlands area please share.

LRB2GZ
02-26-2008, 14:03
Sportman's is high on a few things, but most of what I've looked at from them were fair prices. Their Glock prices were cheaper than Shooters Choice last time I looked. Only other place I've looked at hand gun prices around town was Lexington Pawn and they charge new retail prices for used Glocks and XDs.

I bought my 17 from Sportman's BTW.